Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

On the simulator it shows that Shinobi is the hidden class ;x What would upgrade into that? O.o

I think people have already changed into it haven’t they? And i though they said they just had to find the quest. KOBT form might be a better spot to ask though.

Well, Shinobi is a rather universal class, you can easily build around it as it’s skills are universal so it has a rather large array of options to build around, if anything it’s a DPS class that’s for sure.

The reason why I predict Lancer is an upgraded version of Hoplite is because Lancer’s costume. For a higher rank hidden class, it looks very plain. Besides that, I think lance itself is one handed weapon.

But of course, there is also a possibility for Cataphract as requirement considering both of them are cavalry.

@thebloodyaugust so far, Chaplain only have 4 skills. I personally will only take it at c1 if there’s no meaningful skills at higher rank.

I would gladly spend 5 points on having to worry less about keeping buffs up :slight_smile:

Yeah it seems nice!
With Aspergillum and Last Rites i think it would seem be crazy not to do some kind of auto attack build, question is if you go STR/DEX or SPI/INT.
It all depends on how Aspergillum scales and how good it is i guess.

True but they also have 15 lvls listed so depending on how they scale up there may be some kind of benefit to you buffs maybe? It would be nice to see a adjustment that helps the flat number things like blessing carrying into the future of the game like lvl 600

Yeah, but still…until further confirmation about how those skills work, Chaplain isn’t worth to take until c3 IMO.
About skills scaling, Chaplain c2 is still viable, but not c3.

Dragoon was never originally meant to have anything to do with Cataphract until outrage was sparked in the community, so it’s skills were changed to be compatible while mounted, as such Dragoon was originally intended to be an evolution on the Hoplite, since Dragoon also has the attribute “Use Two Handed Spears.”

It’s illogical to assume Lancer is an evolution to Hoplite.

Dragoon has both the ‘‘Use One-Handed Spears’’ and ‘‘Use Two-Handed Spears’’ atributes, which much how like Doppelsoeldner has the ‘‘Use Two-Handed Swords’’ atribute is simply a way to give playes that take the class without taking any class that has said atributes beforehand to be able to use the class as intended regardless.
It was never mentioned that Dragoon would never be able to use skills mounted, it was also an event that happened in the KTest server, which in multiple ocasions including when the Rank7 classes where added recieved skills and classes that where still unfinished.

Hoplite is clearly made as a class for consistency as can be seen in Finestra offering a big boost to crit rate, to make up for it’s lack of spameable skills like most other Swordsman branches, and block rate which increases their durability as far as they are capable of blocking. It also counts with skills such as Sinchro Thusting which is meant to give you an incentive for you to keep using a shield on top of the block rate.
Hoplite pushes high burst damage in long cooldowns while being able to stay there and last for the duration of said cooldowns and it shows in it’s skill set.

Dragoon solely pushes damage, which has in common with Cataphract’s hability to enter the heat of battle to dish out high damage and get out to safety thanks to it’s mobility making for a good sinergy with Dragoon’s high damage and multi-hit.

And even then, what denies that Lancer is going to have the ‘‘Use Two.Handed Spears’’ attribute?
We simply don’t know.

1 Like

so priest c3 is a pre-req for Chaplain? can anyone confirm me with that?

My friend who is currently playing at Korean server shared this. I think this have something to do with Chaplain quest.
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=4627

And based on this screenshot (might be the first Chaplain), looks like Priest c3 might be a requirement. I’m not sure.

1 Like

Whether C3 Priest is a requirement or not to advance to Chaplain isn’t what matters though. You pretty much have to be a C3 Priest in order to use Chaplain’s skills anyway.

You’re right, we don’t know.

My point is simply more logical, instead of fan based bias.

Chaplain has a pre-quest in order to make the Chaplain Master appear. Not sure if you are required to be a Priest C3 for it to advance once that pre-quest is unlocked, but you’ll need to make the Master appear first. Anyone can do this, similar to the Shinobi Master pre-quest.

It’s currently available in kToS as mentioned previously.

If it’s still unconfirmed about the priest 3 thing, i can try changing my character into one, only have priest 1.

It is required tho since both skills Magnus Exorcismus and Build Acapella need skills from Priest C3. I mean it’s common sense.

Well, Build Capella while it does run on your skill levels it doesn’t seem to require all of them, rather it just uses the ones you have.

o.o so anyone has videos of skill animations?

Several of my Cleric friends who are playing at Korean server have tried Chaplain Quest.
Those who didn’t take Priest c3 couldn’t take the quest at all. I conclude that Priest c3 is a requirement.

Steps to be a Chaplain :

1. Go Priest c3
  2. Follow this guide to trigger the Chaplain quest
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=4627

There are two grayed out stars on Chaplain, does that mean there are two more ranks or is that just how all classes work even if there is just one rank?