Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

Sighs, hope theirs something for Paladin at some point then. Sucks really, my build of Cleric > C2 Priest > C3 Paladin cant fit it cuz I honestly need the PD at the end and its actually REQUIRED to have C3 Priest to even get Chaplain. This hidden class seems strictly for those wanting 3 circles of Priest to be a major buffer of sorts. Guess have to see what happens.

For me it lookā€™s fine.

Not to say I loved the skills but thereā€™s still alot unknown about them.
1:Howā€™s the Last Ritesā€™/Aspergillium scaling with Sacrament/Aspersion?
2.How good is magnum exorcismus? Exorcise has 36sec CD, ME has 60sec CD, itā€™s pretty high if you ask me. It looks strong tho.
3.Is krivis pretty much a MUST for Chaplain now? likeā€¦ Youā€™re going to have 8 freaking buffs when priest c3->chaplain c1, and thatā€™s ridiculous.

The class looks interesting to me, but if it does require priest c3 like it appears to i think it will be bad for the game. It kind of railroads builds a bit when the class system is all about mixing and lots of choice.

On Ragnarok Online, it were a 8x8 area, that dealt high damage in short time to undead enemies, I hope itā€™s like that.

What?

Well, Chaplain is clearly the answer for players mentioning that the game didnā€™t allow for Full Support builds as itā€™s basically Shin-Priest. Buffing Boogaloo.
Itā€™ll be fine at the end of things, with other secret classes and all that, donā€™t worry about it.

Capella is a single buff that hosts all those buffs, those buffs also have a duration of Capella.

I get it im just saying it feels kind of rigid compared to other classes.

Lancer wouldnā€™t be an appropriate hidden class to Hoplite, Lancer is more of an upgrade of Cataphract.

Dragoon is more of an upgrade to Hoplite.

Lancers are cavalry unit. It is probably going to be cataphract upgrade. Since dragoons are not mounted originally.

As soon as someone sees a video on chaplain spells, please post it, iā€™m like searching for it all day xD

1 Like

Just a quick theory,

Cleric1 -> Priest3 -> Monk1/Chaplain1 -> Chaplain1/Monk1 -> Oracle1

Max
Priest: Max Aspersion, Blessing, Sacrament. 1 point into everything else but Exorcise.
Chaplain: Max Last Rites, Build Cappella, Aspergillum
Monk: Max Double Punch, Unsure about the rest
Oracle: Max Arcane Energy (25 more STA for more double punches?) and Counter Spell or Prophecy, leaning towards at least 4 Prophecy for constant up time, 1-2 point in to everything else.

If i understand Build Cappella correctly it leaves a ā€œthingā€ for 60 seconds where people can go and get their buffs with 35 seconds duration. Leaving you free to do some level 1 monk dps while only keeping Aspergillum, Last Rites and Prophecy up and dropping new Capellas. (miss-translation? Chapel?)
Remove dangerous squares with Counter Spell and
Arcane Energy is on a 30 min durationā€¦ so no need to worry about that one.

Swap Priest3 and/or Monk1 for Paladin if you like.

Actually, I feel like Dragoon is Cataphractā€™s upgrade while Lancer is going to be Hopliteā€™s.
Cataphract focuses on itā€™s mobility and capability of getting in to deal huge damage and getting out, Dragoon complements this with skills with high damage output and even disruption while in fairly long cooldowns.
We donā€™t really know anything about Lancer, but between HopliteC3 and Dragoon thereā€™s a blank rank with nothing tht really compliments it besides taking CataphractC1, PeltastaC2 or whatever. In other words is a dead rank, but we do know that Hoplite focuses on burst damage and auto attacks while being able to block anything physical trown at them, making them walls of sorts.

Of course this is if we force ourselves to linar progressions, Dragoonā€™s skills can be used with both Two-Handed and One-Handed spears so it can complement any spear build after all, we shall see once we get the actual class.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if Aspergillum will be a self or party buffā€¦but anyway I donā€™t think it will have a great synergy with monk because I think it will cast Aspersio on your auto attacks but Monk is more about skills isnā€™t it? ā€¦but it still can be a nice addition either wayā€¦ On the other hand it still depends on your stats too. If it will be Aspersio then you would need either INT or SPR for more damage I guessā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ Soooo we rly have to see how this skill works lolā€¦

I think thatā€™s how Capella will work tooā€¦ I hope there will be more Chaplain circles because if I understand it right lvl 15 would have a yummy buff durationā€¦compared to that 35sec.

One of my concerns with this is if priest c3 does end up being a requirement.

cleric->Priest->Priest->Priest-> Chaplin->chaplin->chaplin

Then alot of your skills points in rank5-7 are spent on making your buffs more convenient then anything else.

i ask IMC for them colour scheme highlights so them curves be shown

like a white line across the blue clothing

http://i.imgur.com/rO7LcF6.jpg

5 Likes

Does anyone have clear exactly what items do Chaplain ask for on the skills?
Aspergillum asks for a Holy Water that I know, but what is the ā€˜ā€˜cloackā€™ā€™ Build Capella asks for? I guess the Chaplain master sells it I gues, but can anyone mention whatever the heck Last Rites uses.

From the tooltip iā€™m reading its a self buff only? :frowning:

If nothing procs on double punch it might just be better to skip monk and go for paladin for the aura and resist. I was thinking that the armor break on Hand Knife could be welcome. But youā€™re probably right.

If Aspergillum also scales with spirit like Aspersion does, maybe just go with another level to cleric for the heals and just be an auto attack heal and buffbot =)

A tad longer would be nice, but I think you could get two buffs out of one cast? If everyone takes the buff the instant Capella is cast then they will have 25 seconds to get a new one when the old one runs out. Depends on how much you move around i guessā€¦ If there is not time to pick up the second buff then its kind of bad they have to go without buffs for 25 seconds.

I donā€™t have a problem with this. Iā€™m more afraid that now everybody will think itā€™s mandantory to go for chaplain if you have Priest when I think Priest still could be built in some builds.

Thatā€™s my intention and thatā€™s why it seems my dream class hahaā€¦and Iā€™m a bit afraid too that Capella wonā€™t be that wonderful just how you mentioned. Hmmā€¦ Aspergillum rly says ā€œYOUR weaponryā€ if thatā€™s translated rightā€¦ thank god if itā€™s a self buffā€¦ I donā€™t wanna share everythingā€¦let me be a bit selfish hahaā€¦

If the skills work as I thinkā€¦ I see 2 stat builds quite viableā€¦ With full SPRā€¦with chaplain you can have constant Stone Skin on and you still can have enough damage too and other benefitsā€¦thatā€™s what I want at this momentā€¦:yum:
The other one is full INTā€¦because I still think Aspersio gets matk too as other magic skills so you actually get more damage to it with INT and if Aspergillum uses thatā€¦ thenā€¦ and then there is Magnus that I guess gets damage from INT too somehow.