Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

i think i like the stats in this game, they’re “unique”

they surely favor wizards, but i don’t think this is a problem, i think Swordsmans needs buffs, and that’s it XD

i think every melee basic attack and spells should be usable while moving, that’s what swordsman needs <3

the stronger few spells of swordsman tree are the ones that allow movement, like cyclone and rush

if swordsmans didn’t need to be “rooted” to use spells, they would be way stronger and viable

i think the reasoning behind magic attacks being hard to reduce and having 100% accuracy is because of crit

phys attacks can crit and deal massive bonus damage, crit damage is a flat and absolute bonus amount added on along with the double damage, they probably made it easier to mitigate because of how powerful it can be

im pretty sure this is one of the balance points around INT and STR.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention since you can hit someone that blocks with half damage you probably can also apply your Aliment Status skills that is tied with silence,bleed,poison,blind,shock,etc.

And we are talking about a party with 2 Priests, one of which is most likely PD.

Their buffs don’t last forever and half damage isn’t bad at all and you still use knockbacks and knockdowns.There is so many other ways beside Knockups and pushbacks to get around people that evades a lot and block as a physical damage class even if they got PD or Oracle prevention buffs but I’m not going to spill all the beans here.

Just saying there is many ways XD.

@Tomazelli @yodish92
Well most likely it is not as bad as I imagine sometimes but I still always feel like it could be a bit more balanced. We will see how it turns out in the long run.

BTW I would still like it more as I said before…and I also had a topic about it that noone rly cared of XD… If Block would be just a damage reduce instead of nullifying damage totally but in return it could reduce magic damage too.
It would be more like a real tank thing…and not like a 2nd evasion.

With 2 priests their buffs DO last forever. Also, aren’t those knockups and pushbacks blocked as well? And 1 or 2 occasional knockbacks won’t change anything since wiz’s have lots of CC as well AND more damage and they don’t need to come close to kill someone. I still think that such a party would dominate 98% of teams, which is not good at all.

PD and Oracle buffs cannot prevent pushbacks nor knockups.You would need wiz Reflect Shield from them or if your a sw you can use Pain Barrier as well.And for the CC wiz,you mention team battle scenario so what if they got a PD or Oracle on the other team.

Everything has a weakness enough said XD.

Im going to test this later. I’ve always noticed zaibas running out faster when splash is on. I have a krivis c2 on ktos so I’ll be able to test it soon. If youre right, ive been playing krivis wrong by not getting aoe ratio gear :frowning:

What weapons should a lowbie int-spr chaplain get for faster levelling until about 150ish? Can someone give advice? Besides arde at lvl 75.

1-119 you can get anything in your level range, just have a blunt and sword so you can switch em and get bonus damage if your fighting certain monsters

at 120 you should stick with ordinary blunts since they provide both magic and attack damage and are far more effective then rods or swords for when you turn into a int/spr chaplain
if your low on $ grab a valtas morning star
good bang for your buck imo

if you have money or time to spare you can craft or buy a Valia
basically a souped up valtas morning star

you can also pair em with a wizard blade
which is fairly cheap and common, if you want the slash bonus when fighting certain mobs

2 Likes

This is with regards to Zaibas splash AoE on post #307

My experiences (similar to clifftrials) were totally different yours though. I actually tried zaibas with five hammer during ICBT2. I was very hyped at the potential and crafted it as early as a could. Let’s just say i gave that five hammer away after some period of testing.

What happened when i used the five hammer with zaibas. My zaibas disappeared faster then normal with less then normal thunder strikes on the same amount of group of enemies with.

Notice the words at the end of the splash attribute “(Total count does not increase.)”. They have it in there for a reason. I never realized why until i tested it with five hammer. The attribute just lets zaibas AoE but the overall hit count that one zaibas circle has remains the same.

Meaning if a zaibas circle has 16 hits (varies depending on zaibas level) and 4 targets (given enough aoe ratio), there will be 4 strikes with each of the 4 enemies getting hit x4. The total hits haven’t changed.

I would of loved it had it been your 2 targets x 14 = 28 hits and hope that i’m wrong, but from what i saw and testes proved otherwise.

1 Like

Yeah, total hit counter doesn’t increase. So you will never deal more then 14 hits no matter how much AoEattack ratio you have.

It was obvious from the description and guys saying the opposite are simply misinforming people.

Krivis definitely needs somw buffs like making Zaibas work properly with AoE attack ratio to be able to compete with priest. Right now taking class just for daino is a waste.

Anyone know how Sacrament level scales with Last Rites?

hey there, quick question about Aspergillum. will this make you spend 1 holy water for each attack you do, or is it 1 holy water for the duration Aspergillum is active? if its 1 per attack i can see it becoming pretty costy/weighty

1 HW per buff durationg

awesome! thanks man.

Ya I’ve no idea where people are getting the impression that Zaibas will achieve more hits with higher AoE attack ratio. Getting the “splash” attribute just makes it work like Carnivory (in the sense that you can hit multiple targets at once, but each hit still consumes 1 hit count), and nothing more.

2 Likes

the best answer you’ll get for now

If im watching it right, can i safely assume that sacrament level affects last rites damage significantly?