Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

theorically, chaplain could make monk less reliable on double punch, and then he would be more free to distribute points on the other spells

i’d choose double punch over basic attacks at any time though XD

the only reason to not get double punch, is to get the defensive spells from monk, golden bell and iron skin max level

or if you’ll have a friend playing pyro-chronomancer, that would give you another hit on enchant fire and a lot of extra atk speed

something like…

i don’t think it’s the best build ever, but could work if it pleases whoever wants to follow that path

note: i haven’t used a lot of points, just did the dmg part
note²: iron skin on iCBT2 was just another version of Golden Bell, immunity to all dmg, including ranged and magic dmg, with the only difference being golden bell attribute that transferred it to the party

2 Likes

Thanks. Just seems so odd to require one skill to get the attribute for another.

He is right it’s in the game, you need resurrection lv 2 to continue the revive attribute

heres some game play of a higher lvl chaplain (258)
against 2 bosses
against 1 boss
preist C3 > Chaplain > Krivis > Plaguedoc

looks insanely tanky to me, mainly because healing factor is op
but i haven’t reached that content yet so i cant really assess lol.

1 Like

I saw this video too and I thought about posting it…but then I was lazy… XD anyway I have other plans but it is a nice demonstration of how a Plague Chaplain would look like.

1 Like

yea, convinced me to go krivis into plague doc instead of druid C2 lol
seems much more versatile and still has plenty of damage.

Not to mention Daino is almost a necessity since Chaplain > Krivis has 13+ buffs already.

toy hammer nerfed a bit, does it impact chaplain role much?

@Wurmheart - could you elaborate more on the lack of stat point rests? Is it a rumor or was it confirmed somewhere?

I also wonder about the revive attribute. It comes at a price of 15s increase of cooldown. The way I have used revive in icbt2, it was more of a reactive skill. If someone is about to die, you pop it. The 90s+ duration isn’t that important. I would rather have the shorter CD than the duration. That in turn would potentially free some points from resurrect.

Actually that attribute is rly not that super good…XD You can decide if you want a constant uptime or a shorter cooldown…

With the constant uptime the problem is if it is used up too early you will have to wait even more to be able to use it again.

If you will have a shorter cooldown you would also have 30 sec when you definitely don’t have Revive on.

Btw I will still use the constant uptime one because I don’t rly agree that you should only use it before somebody dies. I think that skill is actually the best to save ppl from quick deaths or 1hko and you should rather try to use mass heal on ppl when you see ppl close to death.

Stat reset scrolls in icbt2 specifically stated they were only for beta testing, unlike skill point resets. I figured said warning was there for a reason.

As for revive i personally prefer the duration attribute to keep it up at most times. Besides you can disable/enable attributes at will.
It does shine more vs spike dmg and when party members walk to far apart when you precast it imo. (it’s range is large, but can still miss some players)

Without the attribute you can cast it more often, but you need to time it properly since it will have 30s downtime. Might be better for actual difficult content, and not just the occasionally suicidal wizard.

thanks a lot for the detailed explaination!

i have one question abt stats. how can an int/sr build priest lvl herself before getting to chaplain?

i was str build in cbt and that was ok as a solo build, but im curious how int/spr build work if they r not going to do full support all the way up

I just saw the rumor word in another topic and I realised I totally forgot to react to this… X)

Just to clear it, it is not a rumor at all. It was in a patch note.
I also found it on pastebin where @Gwenyth posts the translated patch notes.
http://pastebin.com/UYutbLWD

1 Like

-Auto attack everything till it’s dead.
-Go for all the quests in your lvl range. And check for zones you might have missed.
-Spam exp cards when you’re 5 levels below the area lvl.
-Do your 5 daily dungeons via party-finder (bonus xp).
-Max sacrament/blessing and wear cafrisun armor to speed things up, arde dagger is also a plus.

That’s pretty much it, rank 5 isn’t that hard to get. And it’s still better then going for r6/r7 without any proper damage.

Not sure what you’re getting at with the last line though, so erhm magic?

ps. Cheers @Ayalon

ah… but auto attack damage would be quite low for int/spr build…
it would be a hard time to level up compared to str build if solo

but ok, thanks for the info!

actually not,
sacrament + blessing + cafrisun will do 90% of your damage even if you go full STR, so it’s basically the same gameplay for STR or INT priests

the only difference being the points in DEX or VIT, maybe even SPR for mana and Stone Skin

Are there any way to cancel Stone Skin in PvP? With full SPR build it grants like 1500 block rate which is 192% block chance according to the formula. Even though block chance is capped, it is still almost immortality against physical damage.

But I’ve heard fletchers Bodkin Point nullifies it. And description on ToSBase is saying the same. However in skill stats only Reflect is mentioned. So are there any proofs on this topic?

How can Bodkin Point nullify it the skill itself is physical,you should be able to block it and evade…There is items out there that can deal half your damage if someone blocks it.Everything has a weakness…

Half damage is still a huge decrease. You will basically get damage only from these skills and it will be halved. Still if there are no decent counter to this skill I wonder if it’s possible to do anything vs the party of mages/priests with this skill applied and weaponised specially against other mages/priests. They will simply ignore your physical damage dealers and focus on taking out your mages. And just to be sure about 100% uptime, get 2 priests with stone skin)

Sounds wrong for me.

Well Block Penetration is a thing too…but stats are messed up anyway.

If you think about it… it is quite unfair that while physical builds would need both SPR and DEX to hit something… Wizards (and partly Clerics) don’t need anything…
Also you can barely reduce magic damage…

Also the stat bonuses are bad because it suggest to make a 1 stat build…but that’s only good for PvE…
On the other hand if you would put on 3 stats I think you already start to lose quite much bonus stats.

I know you can’t have everything but it is too confusing as it is and stats quite favour wizards anyway…so I still don’t like it how it is now.

I rly would like to see a whole stat revamp but devs didn’t show too much interest in that yet… X)

1 Like