Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

there is nothing to patch really. Added hit is still added hit. Each hits gets elemental damage added to it. The more hits/elemental damage you have - the more efficient that build is.

in kOBT? Cause caprisun set benefit from sac and blessing was a thing for all of iOBT.

Common sense would dictate that every instance of blessing dealing bonus damage would decrease the remaining blessing count by 1, but I really don’t even have to prove this to make my point.

You seem to be missing the part where this isn’t only applied to you, but your entire party. Even if everyone somehow miraculously only hit 60 times in 45 seconds, that damage difference becomes

47 damage per hit * 60 hits * 5 party team = 14,100 damage per 45 seconds.

So in the best case scenario you are costing your team 313 dps.

+1ish dps lost for every hit past 60 from anyone on the team. You may not be able to see how a chaplain could accomplish it, but you could certainly imagine how other classes could (i hope).

hmmm, I understand how elemental bonuses work but Sacrament keep being bounced back and forth from how people word it and I didn’t get to test it properly so I always have some doubts on how it works exactly.
Agh too much information on these hit shenanigans to be honest, I should’ve saved an streamlined explanation or something.

Common sense has nothing to do with coding in a Korean video game.

To use concentrate as an example, the skill has the same properties as blessing in that it has a number of hits before it expires. I don’t know the exact amount, but I believe it is 10 hits.

If you get to hoplite and use ‘stabbing’ which hits multiple times, and you only have 2 charges left, you keep concentrate for the entirety of the skill. If you have 1 charge left, it eats the buff.

Testing things is important.

Sure it does. All coding in the world is based on logic. And no testing was required to do the math and discover a 14,100 damage discrepancy even in your best case group scenario. Prefer a solo scenario? With your 5 hit auto attack, you’re losing 215 damage per swing. In exchange you get… what exactly? A slightly better mass heal which is entirely unnecessary while soloing? A faster cast time rez which never matters while soloing?

I just don’t see the logic there.

Dudes, we have vídeos on this exact same topic, each and every DMG source gets Benefits from blessing, if there are 5 DMG numbers popping, there’ll be 5 “blessing dmg” message popping

It was like that on icbt, it was like that on ktest, and it is like that on ktos

Except by the fact that blessing is bugged right now and vanishing after the first proc

[quote=“Jariu, post:204, topic:126678”]
Agh too much information on these hit shenanigans to be honest, I should’ve saved an streamlined explanation or something.
[/quote]Sacrament and Fire enchant mechanic is quite simple - it has 2 parts: they add addtitional hit with fixed damage and element, then they add additional elemental damage to all your hits.

• For example Sacrament lvl 10 has 40dmg fixed added holy elemental hit and 40 holy elemental damage bonus. That means that you will hit for: (normal hit + 40 holy damage) + (added 40 dmg hit + 40 holy damage) = normal hit + 120 additional holy damage before resists and other modifiers.
  • Cafrisun is 15dmg earth ele added hit. Then we’ll have (normal hit + 40 holy) + (sacrament 40dmg hit + 40 holy) + (cafrisun 15gmg hit + 40 holy).

No one is disputing that.

The dispute is if the coding of the skill takes up a ‘hit’ for each time the damage bonus is applied on a single hit.

Now i need a comparison of full STR vs full INT vs full DEX

Depending on how the aspergellium skill scales off aspersio, it will make skill builds rather tight if you want to try to be selfish or you are planning on making a pvp build.

With skill resets being an obvious thing, it will make sense to run with 15 blessing for a while. Especially while soloing, but as you know solo play should not be your main focus in an MMO.

10 Mass Heal is amazing in groups, and it will be amazing in pvp.
10 Revive is a great group skill due to 50% health heal when procced and 10 sec invulnerable.
5 stone skin is still useful solo since there are mobs that can hit for 2000+ and blocking negates that, also it is great in groups and pvp.
5 exorcism, depending on magnus exorcismus, may be a requirement if you plan to be a damage dealer.

I could go on, but the point is that there will be builds that don’t 15 in blessing and they will be justified in doing so.

i think they will be about same:

full str will have a bit stronger initial hit (doesnt affect additional hits)
full dex will have initial hit to crit often (doesnt affect additional hits)
full int/spr will have Aspergillium hit a little bit harder (needs confirmation that you do aspersio damage per hit and that it scales with your stats because description only mentions about aspersio levels and nothing about its damage or attributes).

but i think that its more beneficial to take lvl 7 (35%) revive to take advantage of stronger effect of Last Rites when at low HP…

Well, Last Rites’s atribute raises the minimum (max? eh it’s an odd condition do word) HP required for the boost (which is still unclear I must say) to 50% at max lvl.

LOL I was thinking that too, there is a bit of a glitch where if you are hit by 2 enemies at the same time for fatal damage or 2 consecutive hits it will proc revive 2 times and you would get 100% hp at 10.

It would save points and it is pretty clever. It obviously depends on how big the damage boost is. =P

I figured out the reason for your weird thinking. Turns out that concentrate only applies to the first hit in a multihit. If you are basing your understanding of blessing based on how concentrate works, of course it will be a flawed because the skills function completely differently.

Tested just 2 minutes ago on the korean live server.

That may be new, because in iOBT sacrament would proc concentrate twice per hit on my swordie partner.

OK that is one piece of the puzzle, I guess an easy way to test blessing and put this to bed for good would be to have a low level bless with sacrament, and count the hits before the buff falls off.

If blessing counts all hits, then every auto-attack with sacrament should count as 2 hits. Should be simple to test but im not a kOBT participant.

The problem is i’d have to start over.and i’d rather get to chaplain before i do that

w/e no biggie. I plan to get bless 10-15 anyways with full attributes so I doubt I will have an issue. If apersigellum scales super well with aspersion that may affect my build, also if magnus exorcismus is any good.

1 Like

That’s dedication for you :l