Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

What about this?

Cleric: Max Heal, unsure about the rest.
Priest: Max Aspersion, Sacrament, Mass Heal, Exorcise, 1p into everything else.
Chaplain: Max Last Rites, Magnus Exorcismus, Aspergillum, SKIP Build Cappella.
Go high INT.

Just buff Aspersion, Sacrament, Last Rites, Aspergillum leaving one slot open for your more situational skills like Safety Zone and Revive.

Edit: for cl1 -> pr3 -> ch1 -> cl3
Edit2: For other cleric skills to max out I want to say Safety Zone and Cure, but maybe its better to spread it out a bit. Maybe 30 blocks on Safety Zone is unnecessary. Having the damage from cure while your bashing away with your autos waiting for Magnus Exorcismus or Exorcise to come back up might be nice. Unless its damage falls of real bad?

A couple things:

Not sure how 1 point in aspersio affects the damage, but it may not be worth it to max if you are going high int and you get the damage attribute.

No one knows anything about magnus ex yet. You may not even need points into exorcise or maybe you just need 1 point.

Even if it scales a bit bad, donā€™t you think +48% physical defense will be worth it considering the options?

Regarding magnus, we will not even be using Build Cappella because of the cap, and there is literally nowhere else to put your points :smile:

As far as we know Aspergillum literally just uses Aspersionā€™s damage and itā€™s another hit, so getting it high may be desired, and the defence ainā€™t half bad.
Getting Sacrament High seems to be desired now that Last Rites has shown to be quite efective on top of being another hit on itself.
Iā€™d say that Max Resurrection should be a thing, with itā€™s atribute it can revive your whole party so a lower cast time is better for that when needed, granted Safety Zone a lot of the time will do the trick but some bosses, particularly bosses with adds, can burn trough thte Lv5 one with ease.
Mass Heal at Lv5 does fine if you ask me, you just need to have some good HP and INT/SPR

Honestly the buff I doubt now is Blessing of all things, it doesnā€™t really benefit any Chaplain skill nor does it get anything from them unlike Stone Skin which thanks to Capella can achieve a 100% uptime which with it at Lv5 basically means infinite blokcing.

Hmā€¦ thereā€™s things to think about here.

but it applies itself on every hit. And that is: normal hit, sacrament hit, aspergillium hit, last rites hit. You may add cafrisun set and an enchant fire if you have pyro in party. As for maxing Aspersioā€¦ its damage doesnt scale well with level so maxing it might prove not worth it in the end and its def buff wasnt much to begin with with how Def works in this game.

Given that skill resets will be a thing in the shop, I would think most will grab blessing 5-10-15 in order to level quickly and then either keep it at 5 or drop to 3/0 when they no longer need it.

The lionā€™s share of blessing damage comes from the attribute(100 damage) which I believe is unlocked at level 3 blessing. Getting 12 points for 47 more damage seems like a colossal waste to me at much higher levels.

1 Like

I whispered you a build, i donā€™t think the class choices you made were really the best path, but i did my best on it.

Nobody believing in your path is what makes it special xD at least you wonā€™t be one more clone xD

The numbers werenā€™t that bad

I enver said to max Aspersion, but getting it higuer than Lv1 would be good.
Spliting the points between Aspersion and Blessing could be a way to go, as Remiri mentioned Blessingā€™s deal comes from itā€™s atributes and it has a 100% uptime as is anyways.

Thanks! I will look it over and get back to you :smile:

If the translation is right "Changes the magic circle ā€˜Exorcizeā€™ into a divine ray. " itā€™s pretty clear that you need Exorcizeā€¦but it rly seems like 1 point is already enough if you only use Magnus itself.

I also think btw that Capella sux right nowā€¦but as I said before if there will be c2-3 Chaplain it will be awesome.

@patrik_lennon
1 point in Aspersio gives +21 damage to it so itā€™s like +21 INT or SPR because those give 1 to it I thinkā€¦

Blessing gives +4 damage / level. You have 4 hits (or 5 with Cafrisun) thatā€™s 16 damage (or 20)ā€¦ So damage-wise Blessing can be better imo because that also adds to your party membersā€¦ but Aspersio still adds that +% defenseā€¦so itā€™s not necessary much worse. You just have to decide what you want.

i like to think about what i am doing as a support
just makes me feel amusing when a swordie can do mindless keyspam

nice tree of swordsman

Aye, but Aspersio is also an AoE right?
Maxing both is possible, if you go all in on the melee route and skip maxing out INT based stuff in Priest like Exorcise and Mass Heal. Maybe go high STR/DEX(?) instead. Taking Krivis.

That was actually my first though, but then I started to wonder why I wouldnā€™t just pick Swordsman instead :smile:

battle priest is love battle priest is life
swordsman is not elegant at all (ok i admit swordsman miniskirt is nicer)
:sweat_smile: (omg new smiley is so scary)

The class would be more interesting if could use Rifles and Cannons.
Hides in a bunker

I like to split it in ā€œmelee agressiveā€ and ā€œmelee passive-agressiveā€, swordsman can really just spam and kill everything, but clerics can turtle everything, even if we say they have tons of DMG. They can say we have tons of heals

Then they can say now with chaplain we can just auto atack everything to death, and we can counter argument that itā€™s a buff, and a swordie in a party would have the best of both worlds

And this could be on and on and onā€¦ So iā€™d be really happy if we just kept in the topic focus xD

Aspersio itself has some aoe infront of you but I doubt Aspergillum is the sameā€¦ I think Aspergillum only has the AoE of normal auto attacks.

ā€¦so we need a confirmation on thisā€¦X)

1 Like

I can see arguments for each stat for chaplain actually

Dex w/some Str - Crit chaplain - frontload that first hit of the 5, plus give dodge to stack with your block from stoneskin - never have to worry about missing enemies with high EVA

Int - better mass heal, better heal, better cure/aspersio possibly exorcism/ME dmg - could be a solid buildup to the druid class

Con - more hp means better self healing from mass heal/heal more survivability in front line meleeing

Spirit - this is where things get interesting. Block from stoneskin scales with spirit. There are videos of 100+ spirit priests giving out stoneskin that is basically 100% block rate.

It will be cool to see what the community comes up with.

Youā€™re ignoring the number of hits. I agree that 15 points may be overkill, but keep in mind itā€™s 10 hits per level. Iā€™m not sure if youā€™ve leveled up a priest before, but getting through 30 hits in 45 seconds is trivial even at low levels.

A level 5 cure by itself hits 18 times. That gives you 12 hits left which is just 4 auto attacks. Then your blessing is gone.

You can attribute up to +30 hits, but your damage potential is still really limited.

Level 3 Bless with full attributes: 60 hits X 123 damage = 7,380 dmg potential

Level 15 Bless with full attributes: 180 hits X 170 damage = 30,600 dmg potential

Keep in mind a chaplain is hitting 5 times per swing. Depending on what other class you pick for rank 6, you could come a lot closer to reaching that dmg potential than you think. Also remember to multiply that damage by the number of people you are blessing. In a dungeon situation, thatā€™s 5. The difference will add up over multiple blessings through a full length dungeon run.

1 Like

c1 -> priest3 -> monk2 in the recent obt

I thought it was obvious you would want to make sure your blessing lasted for full duration. It would take testing but I would never run out of blessing at 10 and I donā€™t think I bothered maxing out the attribute. If possible to push down to 5 it would save a ton of points, and it will be easy enough to test it.

Now if you are implying that a chaplain could somehow get 180 hits in the blessing duration that I would like to see.

Also I am not finding any resources that confirms skills like sacrament, caprisun set, and such take up an additional ā€˜hitā€™ of blessing. I am pretty certain it is one charge per attack regardless unless it is a multi-hit skill that isnt stabbing.

i.e. 1 attack will take 1 charge, regardless of buffs
but cure, for example, will eat up a charge per tick.

I think Cafrisun and the like taking a hit from Sacrament was think back in the day, but it was patched already iirc.
Could be wrong.