Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Chaplain - Hidden Class Rank 5

That kind of blows :frowning: Whats the buff limit? And what counts towards it?

i think its 5 for every character but swordsmen. Swordies have it at 7 or 8 dunno remember.
Basically every buff that goes into 1st row counts as buff and Capella takes all 5 of those slots and Last Rites another one and you may want to use Revive too… So Chaplain already goes over the limit. Then safety zone also counts toward buffs when you are in it…

Current limit is nowhere nearly enough to accommodate most of them (i dont say all… but there are still too few slots).

i dont understand. why swordsman have more self buff slots when cleric tree means to aim at buff and debuff

So they can recieve buffs while keeping their own.
Many complain about this due to Swordies on the early being as they are, but they really do need the higuer buff cap later.

i didn’t play swordsman so i don’t know why they need more slots for their whole swordsman tree
this simply doesn’t make sense to me

i think cleric class should be the one that have more buff slots. if not the whole tree, at least priest should have more slots since most of their buffs are party buffs. they should have additional slots for individual buffs

priest alone have more than 5 buffs, so they too, indeed, need more slots for higher ranks

I played an Swordsman and did party as a Krivis with many, at Rank3 they can already use 5 buff spaces on their own (Concentration, Gung Ho/Guardian, Swash Buclking, Finestra, Pain Barrier and other variants) as all of their self buffs are primary buffs. Some classes get buffs for seconds but that is enough to override buffs, Swordsman gets more and more of these as it progresses.

@felipetomazellicresp On one hand yes, but Clerics are also thought out with the fact that Krivis is part of their class tree, meaning that much like all full support Priests do they can take ranks off Krivis for more buff space while Swordsmans cannot.

But on the other hand it means that Chaplain is at least a rank 6 class and not 5 in case you want to go full support route, because otherwise you will conflict with other players’ and your own buffs.
For auto attack bot build rank 5 is enough tho: sacrament, blessing, last rites, aspergillium and you still have room for enchant fire or some other utility buff (or safety zone).

Well, managing what buffs you use and when you use them it’s important too.
Last Rites should be better than Sacrament, thus it takes priority.
Stone Skin doens’t have 100% uptime anyways, so it’s only used when needed.
Revive honestly should only be used when you need it and not when you are at full HP is unless you know you are going to die fast as a fact.

1 Like

Sacrament adds an additional hit. So you cant really take one over another.

i see why swordsman need more slots. but i think that priest should have more slots too.
they shouldn’t force priest to take krivis to get more slots, as they are designed as different classes in the same rank to start with.

1 Like

No one is forcing you to go Krivis. Priest buffs are meant to be used when needed, you don’t have to have 100% uptime to complete an instance or your goals.

You are meant to react to a situation and put up the necessary buffs. Tank taking high damage? Drop a quick heal and lay aspersio/stoneskin/revive. Need more DPS? Put up Bless/Sac/Last Rite(chaplain).

Sure if you have a Krivis in the group, then go ham. they serve a different purpose and are more offense oriented.

so swordies buff are mean to be kept up all the time while priests’ are meant to be used when needed

clever design

I agree. It is clever to make you think about what you are doing as a support. Or do you enjoy mindless keyspam?

If you do maybe swordie is more your cup 'o tea.

Personally i think all classes should have the same cap and swordsman should come back down. But Tree of Swordsman as we all know.

And i agree 5 buffs is plenty due to short buff times its as you said they are for certain situations. If you are in a group well then you can get a krivis if your worried about cap, but i doubt the buff cap would cause anyone to fail any of the group content we have seen so far.

2 Likes

But if you dont go Krivis then Capella is a useless skill. You dont really need Aspersio and Stone Skin up all the time…

Capella is already pretty useless since it is tied to a totem. Think about how often a group moves in an instance or questing.

It may be nice for GvG later on, but for now I will pass. Unless Magnus Exorcismus is god-awful it is the worst skill in the tree.

I wonder how long ppl spend on looping conversations about personal opnion ;i

Other than Magnus things seem pretty clear. I am chomping at the bit for news about Magnus, it is pretty much the only unknown.

while in suspended state of not knowing when next iCBT/OBT will be it helps to relieve a bit of boredom.