Tree of Savior Forum

Clarification on Service Starting 29th March, Suggestions for Cash Shop

Continuing the discussion from [Update] Clarification on the Founder's Pack and Servers:

The most crucial concern I’d like to bring up is regarding the announcement:

A maximum of 3 options can be enchanted on the Hair Accessories by purchasing “Magic Scrolls” from the TP shop.

We discussed this topic in detail on another thread:
Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

I’d like to make some additional suggestions, having played the ktos, and various other people also have showed a concern regarding cash shop items.

1. We should consider having DLC Starter Packs that you can only purchase once for a cheaper price than buying TP directly and provides casuals with appropriate advantages at the start without being Pay2Win.

Some things these DLC packs might include:

• Companion coupon
  • Costume coupon (Instead of TP), can be used in the cash shop to purchase 1x costume.
  • Hairstyle coupon, can be used in the cash shop to purchase 1 x 198 TP hairstyle.
  • 1 x 30 day Token
  • Potions ( hp, sp and movement speed)
  • 5 x Dungeon reset
  • 10 x Exp books
  • 30 x level 3 EXP Cards
  • 20 x level 4 EXP Cards (help to get a small headstart and doesn’t effect your character’s stats in any way.

I’ve discussed this with my facebook group and discord group and everyone is in agreement that cash shop items should not have a precedent over the games in-game mechanics and it’s community.

Additional reasons why Magic Enchant items should not be in the cash shop:

1. Head gears are cosmetic and have sentimental value, if they should have stats then the headgears themselves should have very specific effects that can be obtained through casual play, hunting materials to craft them, etc.

2. Encourages stat enhancing through boosters and slot machine system, more money you spend the better the stats. This is Pay2Win and gives players an unnecessary advantage when the game is just fine without it.

3. Cash items should not have precedant over in-game mechanists. ie, Alchemist skill Awakening, Grinding to get good gear, gem enhancers, helping your guildies by giving them your old items and gear, off-hand weapon giving boost to attack power, etc.

These are just a few things I’ve listed off the top of my head and there is more underlying problems that is caused by having stat enhancers and boosters in the cash shop.

5 Likes

I like the dugeons resets.

RNG based items that you have to pay for are crap! It’s disgusting!

1 Like