Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain, con/int or con/spr? please help

Where on earth do you nutjobs come from?

Spr:

• Is more defense due to stone skin’s defensive scaling. (x4 for PvE, x0.5 for PVP.)
  • Blessing can add up to 500 dmg a hit roughly, but it’s still insignificant vs rank 8’s 250k health mobs.
  • Zalciai got nerfed in ktos so it can’t put enemy resists into negative values anymore.
  • No new spr scaling skills in r8 that we know off yet.
  • Should scale aspersion and thus aspergillum.

vs

Int:

• Increases the damage of all magic skills. (includes aspergillum)
  • Gets a +10% stat bonus per class rank. (rank 8 = +70% int)
  • Magnus/Exorcise got far more usable in ktos, so those now add to such a build as well.
  • Rank 7-8 can be used to get pd2 for really good dmg. (Miko may open up new builds as well.)
  • Improves healing via heal.

tl/dr:

• Spr is best for a defensive PvE build but has no ideal r8 class.
  • Spr’s skill scaling is worthless in PvP. Only debuff resist is of some worth.
  • Spr/Int should be considered as well, considering warriors can reach block cap with 250 spr stone skin if I remember correctly.
  • Int is a bit low on defenses for PvE, but very strong offensively.

Also never put more than 1 point into sacrament, you can buy 1 hour long versions off a pardoner and avoid overwriting buffs for non-auto atk based party members.

2 Likes

Anyone telling a Chaplain to take INT is… Very… I have no nice names for them. Chaplain damage is based entirely off Aspergillum, which scales equally to SPR and INT, and Blessing, which is SPR only. Like the build thrives off Spirit.

I feel bad for any Chaplain or Priest with any INT.

Not to mention it’s looking like Inquis is going to be the better R8 option for them, not PD2.

3 Likes

You know I didn’t even think about that one… the circle extender spell could be pretty amazing… Have to see how Miko is implemented… But… I like the idea of a chap miko…

Bless scale off Int and Int also has a rank multiplier that SPR does not. It’s been that way for a long time.

Calm down take a read of the thread before you chime in. @CadmusBeoulv did a nice explanation of it and even explains how the extra scaling helps even things out point for point.

Here is a link that shows the formula: http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/40203/

It also has a heal, magic dmg reduction and 2 damage skills iirc.

If the heal is good we may able to use it as a cleric2 replacer.
If the damage is good it may be a good r7-8 option for a holy dmg / world boss build.
Not sure about chaps & circle extender, it’s hard fitting in good circles alongside chap/miko. (druid2 would be a ideal option, but transform & aspergillum don’t play along.)

@Xanthiris:

Present thy argument as to why then, i won’t respond any further to mere personal attacks.

Int or Spr or Hybird.

This totally depends on what you are going for R7 + R8.

Atm R8 Plague doc has the best offers to DPS AOE + status negation.
If you are aiming for that then I don’t see a issue with Int.

For those who are playign with Asperlligum. Have you ever try to Asperlligum and AA a 300k mob. How long does that take you compare to setting people on fire with PD or other classes offer like druid.

If you get what i mean. Pure SPR chap only offers you well. Defensive scaling buff + blessing that’s for maximization…

So imo it doesn’t matter really just add what fits your playstyle.

SPR for buff and watch buff counter/ utility.

Int for Support DPS + decent buff dept.

I myself is playing a hybird mix Int /SPR 2:1

I lost out about 130-180 blessing damage in terms of pure SPR blessing (atm i have seen cap blessing going out to bonus 616 damage per line from pure spr can be more) ATM my blessing is 450.

But to offset that i am A chap PD which offers incinerate and set people on fire in aoe up to 3.3k damage 2 ticks per second.

so like i say it depends solely who you are playing with and how you can offer to build/blend into the party.

Any way Back to OP point. If you really want to maximise Asperlligum damage.

Go Int. and lv 15 Aspersion + 100% on it.

the scaling on Aspersion damage is higher on INT. edit typed wrongly was in dun lel.

Guys all i want is PVE not a PVP player here, thanks for all your answer please guide me more…

I agree with this, as is what I said as well. I like to play a more support oriented build so I gave my recommendations based on what the op was asking for. Since he wanted to improve Aspersion for Aspergillum it sounded like they wanted an auto-attack build which favors Spr over Int.

@Wurmheart :
I think you’re just as in the wrong as Xanthiris for your comment of:

I don’t know what warranted that from you to me, but I believe that it was as much a personal attack on me as what Xanthiris had responded to you with.

Can i get Druid in rank 6 even my build is con/spr?

You can but the synergy won’t work out well

So what suits well in chaplain? rank6 to rank8?

mostly you will want to pick up cleric 2 for additional divine might , 10 tiles heal

On R6

For R7-8 if you are into synergy PD offers more atm. for both PVE support DPS+ status immune Also PD can be build heavily PVP as well

Kabbalist for more support / pvp orientated due to R7Fold and mana healing.
Yea mana healing tile.

Oracle towards countering magic and more supportive spells.

All i want is PVE right now so what can you suggest? should I reroll now to con/int?

What level are you. That’s a first.

If you are into PVE. Suggestion is are you into supportive play or are you into fillign dps + support.

You gotta ask yourself that question first.

Pure support will have to relied on yourself seeking to others for help obviously.

I am level 148 now, I build my character last sunday and I want a dps + support build

Ok. So you are into DPS + support builds.
There a few variant the more higher dps cleric builds this day are

Cleric 2 > diev 3 > driud or priest > PD2
the more meta builds are high dps and able to support ones

Cleric > Cleric > Bokor > Bokor > Bokor > Pardoner > Plague Doctor > Plague Doctor
There more choices but i did not list down

There is also the Krivis variant for PD2. Well technically not as strong as compare to Bokor but still decent and have access to meltis on C3 Krvis.

all of this are Con/Int builds

For str dex types
There is paladin/monk > inquisitor.

The more supportive variant but having pardoner and PD for damage output not lacking supportive buff basically balance type towards the end.
C1>priest3 >c2 > pardoner 1> pd 2

You can go Con/SPR or Con/Int on this one it works or even hybird int/spr + con

You won’t need more than 70 con total. unless you are into massive hp that saying over 35k.

If you still intend to play on your chap you can pick up Cleric 2 > pd 2,
This is more towards supportive play but you still have a Some damage from PD2 and blessing.

There is also another department which is Krivis type to taoist for High DPS + support. Due to the fact that it cost too much at the end i won’t really want encourage it to players playing it as a first.

Hmm I think I stick with my Chap for now with con/spr build, Sir Im very very thank you… going cleric2 pd2

if you are con spr, my Suggestion is reset your skill when you are higher go for Full blessing.

You can stack blessing up to about 600 + damage and you can go for High Magic Rods / Ignition is currently best for us now. + 10 SPR and can grind up to 600 magic/800 depending on transcend / grind level.
Sacrament is no longer good to have more than 1 level this days. Even with last rite scaling.

If you do intend to go INT route you can as well. Your blessing damage will be lacking as compare to full spr. This will be made up when you have plague vapor PD C2 and incinerate . That saying it’s up to you to decide when you reach there. Cheers

I got level15 blessing max attribute, level15 aspersion(is it ok to max?), level1 sacrament, level5 stone skin, level5 mass heal, level4 revive but sadly dont have resu(yeah im noob)… what can you suggest?

you can move aspersion down for ress. IMO Aspersion is not really effective in late. Just level 1 is enough.

So at the end those 14 points can be move some where else and put 1 point in monstrance. If you want or you can just spam capes/capella which do have the same effect as monstance.

Since Rank 8 It is clear viktor that all physical dealer are extremely good scaling with dex.