Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain, con/int or con/spr? please help

If you have 150 + spr.

You can go Full INT from here on . with sage wall and the new R8 Weapons.

That boost 100 int and 60 SPR. It’s literally a god send also + 2 to priest skill for the new mace. So your preference.
Chapalins will end up taking magnus + exorcism 1 point.

The offset you lose up to additional 600 block on Stone skin and 150 blessing flat damage. i Don’t think that’s all alot compare to gaining up to 10k per 2 ticks (20k per second over 20 second, total 400k AOE 13 targerts - 22 targets.) damage.

For full SPR support you are literally deadweight. Until there is a new SPR scaling support circle.

As for R8 its the reign of hybrid + int aoe damge + buff.

1 Like

Sir I will create new Chaplain and this time Int Build like cleric2>priest3>chap>pardoner>pd2? or cleric2>priest3>chap>druid>pd2?

if you are taking chap. That will make that as rank 9 for PD2.

You need to access it at R8 for it’s spike on PD2, and PD3 prolly will offer alot more.

Assuming you are into hybirds. just go Cleric 2 > priest 3 > chap > pd2

Else assuming you are going offensive after R7 just go Cleric 2 > priest 3 > pardoner 1 > pd2.

Pardoner 1 gives you SPR scaling to magic defense and have Discerning Evil which is base use with plague vapor.

Is there any video or math comparing the damage of chaplain full SPR vs full INT when it comes to blessing + PD2 plague vapors/incinerate? exactly which does more damage by how much?

Also I have not seen any video of chaplain + inquisitor, wondering which is really better for a chaplain, PD2 or Inquis.

2 Likes

Now I will choose Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Chap > PD2 Int Build, sir thank you for all of your advises, thumbs up to you sir

Insqusitor basically due to the fact they need paladin conviction and god hand needs smite which is why u rarely see chaps inqusitor

The number of circles are extremely limited.

Full spr blessing will give you about 800. Full int will give you about 540 at R8. Equipment excluded. Only gems are included. with equipment you can lessen down your SPR and hitting higher with blessing.

Full int also gives you about additional 700 magic attack.
Where as SPR only assist in SPR scaling

Assuming plague vapor + incinerate combo , Blessing is flat Additional
Magic attack is 30% additional. 30% on incinerate ticks is way more than additional 260 damage per tick/ 520 from combo tick.

In party play i doubt that additional 200 damage per person X 5 is better as compare to additional damage 1.1k or more from yourself to X amount of enemies.

Since 30% on incinerate already gives you so much more also Magic attack from INT is 700 as compare to spr.
Do i need to say more? If you are really interested go calculate base stats.
It pretty transparent enuff.

It does seem to me chaplain autoattacks are useless at Rank 8.

1 Like

#truehardfacts.

Well at least we use it while it lasted for our solo days cough

I haven’t got personal experience with that yet but did see really high skill dmg. And aside of canoneer2, I think all auto attack damage will start to fall off…

Blessing/last rites/sacrament won’t serve much of a purpose at that point. It’s 3 buffs slots that could be put to much better use. And you can still use aspergillum/magnus to level with prior to r8.

Monstrance’s +30% dex will eclipse those 3 for archers/swordsman by a huge margin. Zalciai’s debuff could help a bit too but the buff is a junk slot.

Even aspersion is looking much better due to the new ways to improve defense. (cards, new equips and transcendency)

I’d definitely recommend that if you want to go r8 you go hybrid or int. Spr may become good again at r9 or with a patch but it’s r8 behavior is quite bad for now.

So the game keeps changing without giving stat reset or skill reset T^T

Thanks for the reply, I think I’ll wait for Miko information about stat scaling. If SPR is not good with Miko, then I will go for Semi-DPS Int.

I’m really into support class, I play support in every game. But the usefulness of support class in this game seems to be dropping for every rank I reach :frowning2:

Full support classes may be able to find their utilities at end game, but I can’t say Chaplain will.
The problem with Chaplain is that they don’t bring that much. Chaplain is mostly about auto-attack buffs which isn’t useful at end-game since people will use almost only skills, to that you add the fact those skills eat buffs slots.
Chaplain is fun mid-game, but generally I’d advise to drop it and take something more useful :confused:

If you really love Chaplain and want to play it, yeah, I’d say to go INT from now on, and try to get more DPS overall.
Or you could keep your Chaplain as a second character (or even turn it into a Pardoner shop) and make another Cleric.

Blessing is still kind of nice for now, but even with the buff, it’ll become useless again quite fast. Even people who went heavily on SPR get what… +500/+600 damages ? Next to that you could go more INT, take a more DPS class and you’ll be able to deal hundreds of thousands of damages, which is better than bringing at +500/+600 bonus damages.
(And it saddens me too because I’m a full support XD)

Those SPR builds will be saved only if they get great skills that scale with it (from Miko, a possible Shepherd, or other future classes).

1 Like

I went Chaplain because I also wanted solo / glinding capability and full SPR support that can effectively buff my team.
I’m not really in love with “Chaplain”, I just want to play full support class and be able to solo well (which Chaplain is really really good at)

But after I saw those rank 8 videoes, somehow, my first impression was “Isn’t the DPS too high? my “Last Rite, Sacredment, Blessing”,seriously, are useless now!”. Half of my support buffs suddenly become useless?? :fearful: and Heal is based on player’s HP, so DPS class that took Cleric C2 can heal like me :confused:

What class would you recommend that is full support but still be able to solo?

I wouldn’t give up hope about Chap since we have Miko coming… There is some potential to make a build that holds up to R8 if IMC goes crazy with the circle duration ability the dataminers have uncovered for Miko(if it stays).

In a good scenario for Chaps Miko’s duration extender would be something you can channel at low cost… Or a buff that’d allow Magnus to say up for extreme duration. For now all we have is a vague description of the skill. And we don’t even know if Miko will be released with it. I am at least intrigued by it… And I’d like to make one even if they aren’t meta if there have a cool synergy like that.

True but miko is just a one circle filler like chap. Alot of R 7 R 8 base is gonna out class it and R9 assuming if stuff happens. you can only have that much choice at lower :stuck_out_tongue:

So Chaplain may be able to rely on Magnus(INT scaled), instead of auto attack? In that case, I should go for hybrid like everyone has stated, right? :slight_smile:

But I hope that my Support Buffs will get some spotlights too >…<

Thanks for all the suggestions :smiley:

I think I’ll put (If it’s good) Miko in R6, instead of Cleric C2. Miko can heal too if my memory serve right, so the skill will make up with 10-Heal :slight_smile:
So it’s a good circle filler.

Do you know Miko skills are scaled with INT or SPR?

We don’t have much information about it yet… I’ll give you a link to what is minded though… You will need to run google translate though… or use chrome to translate…

second… while I find it…

Edit: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skills?cls=Char4_18&f=1

… you know we did have descriptions somewhere these don’t include them… Give me a second to find them.

Edit2: kTOS General Thread v2.0

It’s not yet out so we won’t really know lol… atm is just datamined skill and channeling blocks is what i am aware of.

i full spr and 100 con build, i dont pick chap instead of krivis and the dame buff is amazing when ur team have more PA. Blessing full spr get more 800 Atk full Int just 500, and u buff for 5 char, total dame is better a lot and krivis Crit att scale amazing too. With full spr u never scare magic atk and stone skin u really hard in TBL. I really enjoy my build. U can check it. AA now just visable for Qs3 build. And I dont think a team have 4 QS 3 :smiley:

Magnus is doing respectable dmg right now, but you do need a decent exorcise skill level to use it.
[ Exorcise in ktos hits enemies equal to its skill level before vanishing and has decent base dmg/hits. Worth maxing atm imo. ]

Capella is also still decent due to it extending stone skin. But it’s more taxing on buff limits.

As for full support, not by the definition. We have no debuffs or buffs we can use to replace damage entirely.

There’s plenty hybrid builds with proper support though, like: Dievdirby2+, Krivis3, Druid2+, Paladin & Plague Doctor.

As for miko check: kTOS General Thread v2.0

Just keep in mind miko is likely to change.