Tree of Savior Forum

Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

As i said, i don’t support it but you said it yourself, all you need is money and as long as some people are willing to pay these kind of things will exist.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see a few ppl fork over a few hundreds day 1 to get the scrolls.

Except it takes potential, and the chances of you getting the stats you need before you burn your starting hats down is non-existent. So if you have no potential, how are you going to trade it after you use it?

Also, good luck getting your pet to 200 without gouging your eyes out.

Not always. There are hats sold in the Korean Marketplace that have enchants on them.

Then again I read that if you buy something from the marketplace it loses 1 potential.

Yeah, for money that nobody in their right mind will be able afford within the first month.

And, yes, they do lose 1 potential.

How do they list them in the marketplace then? Fully enchanted, with no potential lost hat gears that is. There’s even some screenshots in this very thread.

Had to scroll up 150 posts but found it:

Edit: Re-uploaded to imgur since it just showed up as a link, not an image.

The magic scrolls don’t take potential and the potential lost from getting a item from the market happens when you buy it. It would drop to 4/5 for the buyer.

Thanks for clearing up. I got confused.

I know I’m a bit late to the discussion here but…
Seing the screenshot where a good popolion hat is sold for 2m.

If you want to seriously and competitivly play the game with pvp/pve.
Couldn’t you just save 2m and buy the hat at the auction house (no random/no cash)? I mean if you really want to play seriously, I don’t think it’s that much of a strech…

In the end, this will add the possibility for people to make gold by buying cash items.
But… It exits already with token or am I wrong? So it’s equivalent…

On the other hand, advantages:

• IMC will rake money (better survability of the game, and a chance for them to update the game to 600lv?)
  • It adds variety to builds, you must choose what stats you want for your character, don’t like random, use marketplace?

TLTR: IMO it’s not pay2win because everyone will have them. It saves time for cash-in user since they will get high value item by cashing in. Since they can do the same with token, it does not change anything…

Strange… Then I wonder why they upped the base Potential to 5. I guess it was so they could sell them on the market to people who can’t buy scrolls?

It improves the value of the items, it means that if you buy one of these from the Market you know you can resell them later if you get something better. It also means more of them will be moving around making them easier and cheaper for none P2P players.

I have another suggestion.

Let’s make every cometics have 3 slots with stats we can choose, BUT you can activate only 1 cosmetics bonus at a time. It will still be a decent way for IMC to earn money since those who payed more would be able to swap active cosmetics to match current situation but won’t get signigicant advantage.

This way even if you wear only 1 cosmetics, you will get full bonus, so it won’t force players to make character ugly wearing all 3 of them.

I also don’t mind about RNG too much, but RNG window should be lowered to like current lowest ±25%.

Though price of 5 TP is pointless for IMC, since it will become free item this way.

6-10(taking into account the fact that we can choose stat) should be nice.

If we are going to remove p2w completelely (by making MS cost 5 TP), then Move speed bonus from Token should be removed as well.

Talking about similar stats on one headgear, I’d suggest that some stats would be possible to stack and some won’t. For example P and Mdefense/HP and SP regen should be possible to stack up to 2 times, but other stats shouldn’t. Because defensive stats are generally weaker then offensive stats, so they are only useful when stacked.

And MS from Token should be 4 OUT OF BATTLE instead of 3 in battle(which is 10% of base MS).

Maybe I overestimate MS value in PvP, but when you can outrun your opponent it’s pretty big advantage.

Sure I’d prefer if there were no pay2win nor pay2get (1 time payment for a static bonus that can’t be increased anymore) items. But I think that insignificant pay2get is acceptable, if it will only make a difference in battle of less then 1-2%.

I agree that enchansed headgears should be untradable, but the TP price of MS scrolls shouldn’t be high, so the smallest donation is enough to get all 3 enchancements. This way truly hardcore players will have to buy at least 3 of them to get perfect stats. Or they can get them from dungeons (though chance should be increased to 0.05% at least).

My suggestions (one of those at least to fix this)
-Make the scrolls tradeable.
-Increase the drop rate from dungeons (i got ONE scroll from a dungeon in my entire time in kTOS) plus more ways to get them.
-Make easier to get better stats reducing RNG, also with less bonus if possible.
-Let you trade the stats from a item to another (for 1 potential)

Also i cant see they changing the bonus system without harming everyone in kTOS. So these suggestions are more reliable.

Our version can be different than kToS ( and already is ).

1 Like

Just… Just remove this piece of f**** st. Bought early acess and now I’m not sure if I should. Pay to win is so f* disgusting. I’m so mad ugh. Please don’t destroy the game, please dont, please. Just make it subscription based already, p2w kills the game for everyone, for who is paying and for who is loosing.

As I understand inter players have lower tolerance to p2w stuff but let’s get real. How many rolls do you need max out 3 attributes on 3 slots? Isn’t it probabilistic impossible?

Someoen calculated it.

About a few thousand rolls… and more.

I’m fine with all of this as long as the enchaned equipment is forbidden from any form of PvP

“Acceptable” rolls is about few hundred dollars, I think.

Someone mentioned that you can buy hats with “perfect” stats for 15m or so, while token costs only 1.5m.

So 200$ per hat.

1 Like

Hats should be silly things you put on your head, not enchanted underwear hats that give you 60 more attack. Pay to win bad ,mmk?

1 Like

Some input from staff on this, especially before the 29th, would be really helpful.

2 Likes