Tree of Savior Forum

Cataphracts 3! Let us unite in this topic!

cyclone is the last skill u use after burning all the CD. You expect the target to be dead after cyclone, then remounting is not a problem. Having both rush and cyclone give swordman alot of killing power that they don’t normally have. From my duels with dragoons, their skills don’t have much reach (not to mention gae bolg does like 33% or less dmg in pvp), so they almost never get to use any dragoon skills against cata3. So going dragoon is more pve currently (though it can change if dragoon2 ever come out)

Remounting is generally not too big of a deal. It can be a hassle in boss fight, but that’s the only time it is a bit troublesome (because boss instant kill my pet). However if I time my cyclone properly, remount doesn’t even take 1/4 sec. I just cyclone remount, cyclone again to protect pet while bossing (cyclone twice in a row = higher risk of pet dying).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Why would u impale when target is already stun
. U should throw doom spear at him then impale

You must duel a Cryo.

Impale is probably one of the few skills that are underrated. It works well as a good finisher, if you’re worried someone might heal before they die OR as a channeling-canceler. If you are getting Rush’d by another cata, drop impale on him and he’s lost his CD. Soon as he drops, hit him with a bash3 KD and follow up. You could rush at this point and if he hasn’t invested in impale he should be dead. I can literally face tank and cata with my build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/i0rgrb3t9g/. No one can hit me, and when they do it’s blocked.

Yo! 159 Cataphract c2 here with 200+ STR 60CON 41DEX. Sw1> pelt1> hop1> cata2

Playing solo is great with cata cuz of the speed boost and mob sweeping skills, but being in dungeon runs are making me think twice about my build :confused:

In dungeon runs, can’t really do much damage, can’t really be a full tank either… plus whenever going for a run, it always seem to lag, making me wait for ages to charge up my earth wave (then I usually just let the charge go at lvl 5 cuz it was taking too long and the mobs are returning to their spawn spots). And if I let it charge to the max and BOOOOM!!!.. “that’s it…?”

Prolly just a lack of equipment at this stage I suppose, growing pains? Sigh*

But the versatility does help, placing us catas in the middle. Jack of all trades, master of none.

You should have way less str, str is useless when you can match the damage easier through gear. Restat to 1:3 str/dex. I’d keep going with your build and get cata 3, if you are serious about pvp you may consider getting sword c2 at rank 7, restrain is really good, it slows too. dragoon doesn’t do anything for PVP that cata3 won’t provide for. if you don’t have high dex, you won’t hit high dex. I crit nearly every hit at level 240 range still, only 315 dex and 105 strength, but all my gear is +phys damage and +str, I can 1 shot even some full cons with a crit doomspike ;X

heres a link if you are interested in what i’m blabbing about:

1 Like

Guys, liked to saw all those cata here.
im building sword c2>hop> cata c3> dragoon

im building
based mostly on pvp purpose,
im at lvl 173
how should i correctly build the stats?
im starting at str 5 con 3 dex 2,

thxx

Hi guys! I need a good soloing, farming Cata build. Just PVE

thrust is completely useless, gungho is your best damage buff skill as it’s factored in before all your skills and stat +%. you go and pump the attributes up with silver too for extra damage, i’ve got mine maxed at 50. Definitely worth it.

What? I’m leather wearing, and I’m 1:3 str/dex, I sustain that thrust is complete ■■■■. The amount of armor reduced by gungho is less than half the amount on average you’d lose form a single item being taken off.

The bleed rate on thrust is super negligible, does ■■■■ damage if you aren’t full STR.

Your build is all over the place man. That may be why you are having damage problems. Pummel beat is complete ■■■■ too, I regret to inform you good sir. I think people forget how powerful DEX is, I’m still critting almost every hit at level 240+.

You’re going to combo restrain and steed charge? What the ■■■■? I can’t see how that synergizes any better than say, rush/restrain?

I was able to solo everything as a cata all the way up to level 240+, I really don’t see the problems you are having. If you have decent critrate and dex, your EW and DS should be 1-2 shotting everything while critting.

1 Like

1:1:1 best ratio for pvp. Also dont have hop over sword c3.

If u really only pvp then u dont need the shield if u already have sword c2

Hey guys did you upgrade both leather and plate mastery?