Tree of Savior Forum

Cataphracts 3! Let us unite in this topic!

I do agree it is quite the risk as also no one knows if there will be a Templar 2 /3 or if it will be any good lol . gonna give it a go anyway. I love the costume and iv always wanted to lead a guild . I do wish the skills were a bit more useful . if Templar 2 aint good id probably just go another class after like dragoon or maybe lancer if its a mounted 1 hand spear and shield class

i want to make con 2 : dex 1 or con 1 : dex 1, is cataphract good without str?
i want to tank in earth tower

too little str also no use bro cause u dont do enough dmg to hold argo.

dex is pointless as a defensive stats unless u full dex cause u wont dodge enough. u cant dodge magic.

con is the best def since it works on magic and phy.

just try hot hit 30k+ hp unbuff. with all the buffs and swb u should hit 50k easily.
then with trott u shouldnt be getting hit since u can kite

iā€™m a sw2-hop-cat3-dopel; with gears on: 191 str , 90 dex, 120+ con? and all future points going con.

if u guys got questions, i can answer them.

But if weā€™re talking PvP, wouldnā€™t you rather lose Hop1 than Pelt1 for Sword2? Pelt1 still gives you Guard, 25% Block attribute, Umbo, a 25% HP buff, and an 18% Eva buff.

u will be miss out 1-hand spear until dragoon. if u r ok with not using cata skills while holding shield for more than 100 levels, sure.

also finestra +3 AoE ratio is nice for mass pvpā€¦ but really, iToSā€™s pvp future is not great at all right now.

I canā€™t recommend anyone making a pvp build, even though mine is basically a pvp build.

This gameā€™s pve content is also kind of patheticā€¦ so i invested in pvp, and crossed my fingers.

how exactly is it a pvp build though if you canā€™t use cyclone when mounted? isnā€™t that kinda inefficient having to demount all the time? especially in a game plagued with latency.

i guess its a good thing that all your character will benefit from your templar then :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m a lvl186 sw2-hop-cata3 during cbt2 (currently lvl 186 sw-pelt-hop-cata3 in Varena) swash and guard skills, too good to miss for a cata. swash+earthwave makes your life easier, and the evasion from guardian is good too. sw2 has its perks but I heard of the plague doctor recently countering stuns during pvp and gvg. (or maybe I misread them) for me itā€™s not worth it to miss pelt1 for restrain. Go for a skill build that fits your playing style itā€™s just that I love a class that have utility in parties in case of emergencies but others donā€™t and prefer a ā€œsolo playā€

If were discussing PvP, then it has to be S3 not S2 to be able to maximize restrain. This based only on observation of my friend, as I have yet to make a S3/C3/D1 PvP alternate.

If weā€™re talking about pvp go for sw 3. lvl 10 restrain and a high level pain barrier gives you an advantage. Pelt and Hop is good because of Finestra boosts your block rate. Pelt1 skills besides guardian evasion attribute and umbo blow stun is geared for PvE

my only issue with cata 3 is rush, in comparaison with cyclone the damage is awful, dont have OC and during channeling drains SP,plus any CC can cut the channeling, is the ultimate skill in our tree and it become useless

Rush is gd against mobs not boss. It hit so fast the mobs stagger alot and doesnā€™t have a chance to interupt you. Also ur supposed to use pain barrier together with rush if u dont want to risk.

But Frankly speaking i hardly use rush too due to sp cost.

Hell i hardly even use any attacking skills but earth wave just to hold argo.

Just need trott and swb and its the most efficient way for team grinding. Leave the dmg to the dpser. Conserve sp for more swb and earthwave to tank longer

1 Like

@ichbinzner
Yeah, Plague Doctors and Oracles provide stun resist buffs and removals, and Dispeller Scrolls cancel stuns

cyclone is the last skill u use after burning all the CD. You expect the target to be dead after cyclone, then remounting is not a problem. Having both rush and cyclone give swordman alot of killing power that they donā€™t normally have. From my duels with dragoons, their skills donā€™t have much reach (not to mention gae bolg does like 33% or less dmg in pvp), so they almost never get to use any dragoon skills against cata3. So going dragoon is more pve currently (though it can change if dragoon2 ever come out)

Remounting is generally not too big of a deal. It can be a hassle in boss fight, but thatā€™s the only time it is a bit troublesome (because boss instant kill my pet). However if I time my cyclone properly, remount doesnā€™t even take 1/4 sec. I just cyclone remount, cyclone again to protect pet while bossing (cyclone twice in a row = higher risk of pet dying).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Why would u impale when target is already stun
. U should throw doom spear at him then impale

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You must duel a Cryo.