Tree of Savior Forum

Cataphracts 3! Let us unite in this topic!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Once a rider. Forever a rider

1 Like

since it has few skills in its rotation, is it difficult to level a cataphract ? thinking of making one cause nothin gets manlier than spear + mount. any alternatives to S1 > Pelt > Hop > Cat 3 > Dragoon?

1 Like

Cataptrach resembles my fav job in RO which is RG that’s why I went to Cataptrach here in ToS. I’m still at level 130 no problems yet so far.

I’m thinking of making a pure PVE one since PVP is underdeveloped, imo. How is the damage btw? Is it alright to just get cat 1 for some trot then go hoplite 3 for more damage?

2 Likes

You can’t get the full potential of cataphract if you don’t go c3

1 Like

for pure pve, do you go the usual 2 str : 1 dex? and does trot consume more stamina? or is it always on at c3?

cataphract actually has the highest HP of all classes because of mounting bonus

how’s your dodge with high dex? does it make you near invincible?

Lv212 cata3 here. High dex wont do u anything after lv200. Almost everything there can kill u real easily.

I m pretty well geared with 24k hp unbuff and the truffles, bears and etc hit me for almost 3k dmg each. Each of them have easily 80k hp. If u taunt afew you will die if u try to hard tank them without using rush.

If u dont have high con and swb u wont get any party after lv200 unless ur lucky and get a carefree pug to carry you.

If ur full dex with 0con ur gona die so bad…

Yes you can kill those monsters so as long if u keep pot up nonstop. Lv10 pots heals for maybe 4-5k hp and the mobs hit for 3k. If u fight a few you wont be able to sustain. If you dont use pot, u have to rest after 3 or 4 kills depending on how fast u can kill.

There isnt enough quest for you to 200 - 280. U need to grind. You cant grind solo unless u bot those low xp monsters. If your not in the end game meta then you either reroll, quit or wait for class circle reset.

The benefits of a cata is the excellent ability to hold argo and gather up mobs. We dont have much dmg mitigation skills unless ur insane enough to go sw>pelt 2>hoplite>cata3 but what we do have is extra stats points from our mount.

so we can tank if we put in enough con, use a shield and get at least pelt 1

well then ur a full pvp build.

try find some slave/guildies to carry u to lv280 ;p

2 Likes

Suits yourself if u feel u will have fun more this way