Tree of Savior Forum

Can't launch tree of savior

When ever I try to launch ToS, I get an error that pops up that says ‘global’ has failed to download

Anyone has any idea what the problem is and how to solve it?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hmm, maybe you don’t have admin privileges? Since the game is installed in Program Files, you need admin privileges for ToS to download patches and such

Hmm, but I did run steam as admin and set ToS to run as admin too though :confounded:

Then maybe it’s a Firewall problem? Have you tried disabling any and all firewalls?

Doesn’t seem to be a firewall problem, just turned off my firewall and it still didn’t work. I’ve also tried adding ToS to my anti-virus exclusion list and disabling my anti-virus, both didn’t work too :cry:

Have you tried deleting and completely redownloading the game? (If bandwidth permits)

Yeap! Tried that too, since it was relatively late I had up to 17mb/s download speed on steam. Also didn’t work ):

Hm, I’m afraid I am out of ideas then. Hopefully someone else comes along to help you

Okay, Thanks a lot for trying anyway :slight_smile:

never seen the error before i guess just keep retrying or restart your internet/computer

I am kind of grasping at straws here, but I stumbled across a thread for Grenada Espada (another one of IMCs games).
http://geforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=5898.0

In it, someone reports getting the following error:

201039.zip Failed to Download files. This might be the communication problem. Please check your connection and restart client. (798)

It is a different error number, and their error clearly states a file which failed to download, whereas yours states ‘global’ (whatever that means).

One of the solutions to that was

1. Try to browse to your GE folder and open the updater.revision.txt file
  2. Depending on the .zip file number type that number in that file
  3. save file (need admin rights) and retry to launch

Now, we do not have an ‘updater.revision.txt’ file, but we do have a ‘release.revision.txt’ file (in steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior/release). So, I am curious, what number is in your ‘release.revision.txt’ file?

Mine is 11178. If that is not what yours i, what happens if you change it to 11178?
(i.e. the only thing in that entire file is that number, completely by itself)

Mine was 0, changed it to 11178 but it still doesn’t work. :cry:

What about if you delete that file? When I delete mine the game re-creates it and re-downloads all the files.

Deleted it and tried again, the file came back with only a 0 inside. Still didn’t work

Can you ping the patch servers?

Start Menu->type ‘cmd’ into the search bar-> type ‘ping 54.192.37.158’

also try ‘ping 54.192.37.55’ (it seems there are multiple patch servers that serve different purposes)

Pinged it and works just fine, no packet loss just a little slow at ~250ms

If you can ping both of those servers just fine, then I am stumped. :sweat:

My only advice would be to try this:

But you have already said you tried redownloading the game, so I have my doubts it will work. :confused:

Hopefully someone else has seen this error before and can help you.

I tried verifying the integrity of the game multiple times, didn’t work too. Sadly it seems like this error is extremely rare or something :cry:

@GM_Fuji @GM_Erick
@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Julie
@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ines

Please help, already bought the EA and looking forward to play it on release :cry:

Hello @Kuroe,

The servers cannot be accessed yet since it is still in the pre-purchase period. You will be able to access the servers on the 29th of March as mentioned on our previous announcement. https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=296
My apologies for any confusion that you’ve experienced. Hope that I helped clear things up a bit.

Signed,
Staff_Ethan