Tree of Savior Forum

Couldn't start the patch launcher

Date and Time : 21st March Afternoon

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard/Mouse

Bug Description : I tried starting the game after I bought my Founders Access and installing it, there were 2 boxes that came out. One says “A connection with the server could not be established.” The other one comes out with “Failed to download list file. Please try again as administrator. updater/patcher.version.txt (975)”. I tried re-installing, running as administrator, verifying the files but still did not work. Someone help please!

System

• RAM : 8GB
  • Graphics Card : GTX 560
  • Country, Region : Singapore

Some people seem to be having the same problem, try reset your router and modem/ONT, check if the game is not blocked on the firewall and Anti-Virus.

Sometimes the patcher server is a bit overloaded (my guess is people trying to check if they can enter in the game), so it may be a bit hard to find connection to the server.

I tried turning off my firewalls and it still doesn’t work. :frowning:

Someone also from Singapore had the same problem, probably an issue with your ISP.

Download the patch files manually:

And run the patcher with a VPN:

I really don’t recommend that thing, it install some drivers at system core level and to remove after is a pain in the ass.

Wasn’t that country ip blocked? As x2games publish there?

I don’t see the problem here. It’s a well known app, doesn’t contain any malware and will solve his patcher problem. It’s also a great tool when you need to bypass annoying region locks/ip blocks, so it will always be useful.

No it’s only for Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau territories.

Singapore isn’t part the blocked countries.

Hotspot Shield doesn’t seem to work for me. It’s stuck at connecting…

Can take several seconds to connect. Make sure you Firewall allows it (if any).

It is a hell of an intrusive app, my clients had lots of problems with it.

• Not being able to access bank.
  • Not being able to open some websites.
  • Not being able to play properly.

Not to say that even with it disabled they either got locked out of the internet or some other issue.

I did had some of the same problems too, tried to remove it and internet stopped working, couldn’t even access the local network.

Hotspot Shield doesn’t seem to work for me still, so I uninstalled it. Will try downloading your patch files now.

wtf? i have hotspot shield.

That’s because it installs some virtual network adapter. I never had any issue with it, but if you lose connection after removing it, you should set your regular network adapter back to default.

When did you last use it? Normally upon uninstall, the virtual network adapter is removed, and it switches back automatically to your default one.

One shouldn’t keep this program up all the time anyway. I suggested it only to solve the patcher issue. If he can’t connect to the game without it, there’s a deeper issue that needs to be solved.

Urmmm… I re-placed the patch files with the one you uploaded and I’m still having the same problem. ><

See this thread Can't launch tree of savior for more infos.

Also I would recommend contacting IMC Staff with the name of your ISP, there is likely some routing issue.

No such luck. How do I go about contacting them? And I’m currently using M1 as my ISP.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/groups/moderators/members

Send a private message to Ethan, John or Julie.

Reset, remove (including driver) and reinstalling, worked when i installed other network card, but why i would sell a new one to my client if the one on his machine was working right?
I had to format and reinstall the whole system.

@OP

If everything else fails, this ^ is the best approach.

I think there is a ticket function on the main website, if not, send a PM to one of the staff (Staff_John, Staff_Ethan, Staff_Julie).

I have the same problem also, still happening i guess.