Tree of Savior Forum

Can a staff member please answer how ITOS is in any way going to be better than KTOS?

@duytueha from that FAQ 10 things were adressed 1 which answered token 1:1 trade which is one of the major complaints and 7 were about the DLC 2 were of different server and wipe. It is painfully obvious they did not address any of my problems.

Personally it would be better if they had the economy set up like they did in CBT and bots and what not taken care in some other fashion.

2 Likes

@BlaXun yeah I rather not complain and enjoy the game - knowing that everything will be awesome

ONLY ITS NOT

2 Likes

in-game contents like skills, mob behavior, AI, class i dont have a problem if its the same or different unless it is a MAJOR nerf like Linker (increase cd, lower duration etc.)

but for the confirmed part where 1:1 trading is still restricted to free players like in Korea is the part that is not different.

only thing left is they restrict our skills and auto attack for being a free user and can attack by buying tokens to prevent bots and gold sellers (which still doesn’t affect them in any way. a simple price increase will solve it)

even restricting getting exp or silver/item drops when being a free user wont affect them in any way.

2 Likes

simple solution to 1:1 trading restriction

• give it for free to everyone.

solution for bot

• actively banning or at least hire 1-2 person per server to ban bots
  • captcha like in other threads

solution in getting income without being a p2w

• sell cosmetic and emoticons for $5 (15-30 day rental) or $15 (permanent) and can be shared to all characters in a team
  • different kinds of mounts (reskin of some mounts to look cool or cute)
  • unique hair colors or styles (moving hair or changing hair colors)

these kind of solutions are found in many threads. ToS is a good game and they can exploit it by selling good cosmetics and pricing them for $5~$25 each and people wont bother it since the game is good

if the game is very good heck even a $50 emoticon wouldn’t bother them as long as it is not a simple emoticon. its like $20 for the emoticon itself $30 for supporting the game because it is good

in Dungeon Defenders II (i keep giving this as an example) an all black costume (design is like the universe) cost about $20~$40 and people dont mind since it is a f2p game but there are still people complaining (duplicate costume drop when opening a gacha type of item).

Path of Exile now this is a good example. everything is pricey but people dont mind because the dev and staff are doing their best to provide content to players. all cash items are cosmetics and storage space increase.

i think i saw one that cost about 12,000 php ($300) which is a bundle of items that i dont know what but i see people buying it in the forums (they get a title in the forums saying they supported the game by buying that bundle)

3 Likes

Why are the XP cards bothersome? Don’t they simply replace the typical quest XP reward with an item that you can choose to consume any given time? Do you mean the grind is too fast?

On a personal note I would be against allowing to change circles. I understand the practicality that comes with it but like the true vanilla RO experience, it is kind of the intention that one need to consider carefully and invest in his character. At least that is one point that makes the game interesting for me. It is absolutely true however that in such a case they’d need to be quite careful about patches.

Please see this thread for a detailed explanation of how, exactly, the trade restrictions have such a damaging effect on the traditional bot farmer.

You will only need to read the first 5 or so posts for a full understanding of how this works.

• all of your solution are still in debate.
  • all game are doing that kind of business to make money but still in debate.
  • the only thing I disagree is 1:1 trading which will lead to cheating abuse, especially with mmorpg games.
1 Like

well if you understood about the 1:1 trading then we have nothing to talk about since that was the topic (from my perspective) since the beginning of my comments.

only added the solution since you were asking to provide solution instead of just complaining

2 Likes

@ridleyco k cool so we earn silver to buy tokens- and a botters make 100 accounts and buys tokens on all his botting accounts. Surely 1mil is not a high price for high level player and a high level bot player right? Dont like that example?
here is another:
Botter needs to sell gold and a player wants to buy gold. Botter can ask player to post a non-valuable item for x amount of gold - say 5mil on AH. Player does that and botter buys it. Player has token and recives 4.5mil gold. What was the use of not allowing 1:1? 10%?

2 Likes

already know about that since it was announced on reddit and here in the forums that you can buy token using silver

but really, does disabling trade for free users really good or benefits the whole community?

i can afford that and i can farm it if i want to but i need to see other sides if 1:1 trading is really ok.

if we want the game to be successful then we need to keep on suggesting complaining and giving feedbacks so they know that there is a problem that needs to be solve or features that might be good for the game and the community

@BlaXun @duytueha @Kenshiki

I actually debated whether I should make a separate post myself on this issue of “suggestions and complaints,” but I dismissed the idea as it is just my personal opinion and does not represent my team’s thoughts at all.

Returning to the forums, I see now that I should at least make a brief statement on which course of action benefits us as a community the most.

If you’ll allow me some time, I’m going to prepare a thread addressing this matter. I didn’t want to make timezone my excuse, ever, but I’ll be able to organize my thoughts better when I’m fully awake.

14 Likes

It’s good hearing from you. I am interested in what you will come up with and hope I can contribute

Awesome. +1 your post

we really dont care much about the time as long as the staff are replying once in a while even if its just a copy paste as long as we see active staff replying to threads like this then there’s no problem.

dont know if what i said make sense since im confused what the heck did i just put

1 Like

#wait
#give them time

2 Likes

Please see this thread for a detailed explanation of how tokens reduce gold seller profitability, so that we don’t derail this thread.

• Change Anti-CC mechanic: Now you can be 100% immune to CC or get permalocked by one. We could have a CC resist like 40~50~80% less time into a CC, so if you would get 30s sleeping, you can be only 6s.

• Open the game to community: Tons of people asks for RO WoE, others asks for better grind system. IMC Staff could come to forum each week or two and open a topic like “Future of Guild vs Guild system”, here they would post what the Developers want for GvG like: “We want a competitive GvG where guilds can fight each other to see which one is the best, but we don’t want copy RO WoE with gvg inside a castle, so we’re planning…”.
    This way community can give viable suggestions once we know how is Dev’s mind.

• AI optimization: I’m not only talking about companions’ broken AI, but monsters/bosses AI. IMC don’t need to reprogram every monster with a perfect AI, but include it to new high end contents. Maybe a new dungeon where monsters are smarter, know how to dodge spells, randomize the way to attack. So players will have the surprise to need to use the brain, improvisation and teamwork to get the dungeon and not only read a Guide “Y Dungeon for Dummies”.

Aren’t we going too far?

I mean, in my opinion IMC is giving too much power to the community at a point we are starting to make our own game, or trying to. We should try to give feedback after we get to play the updated game, and maybe some suggestions from time to time. We should try to improve the game we have, instead of changing it completely.

I will probably be bashed for this :worried:

Well, they can ignore all this…they can think about it…maybe they’ll build their own ideas from what is suggested here. Who knows…it’s still worth talking about what comes to mind :slight_smile:

@DanielS If they didn’t say “we will continuously develop or make changes on various contents specifically for the TOS English Version” I would not of posted