Tree of Savior Forum

Call to Action [Serious]

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Chitoge gifs are funā€¦
You should try it sometime.
And pfft go take a nap if youā€™re so tired.

Butā€¦ ah, thanks for the support. We need all the people we can get working together for this. >///>

I know Melon really appreciates it.

1 Like

Absolutely,and itā€™s my passion for this game and yet still the community,as well as what you so beautifully said:

Nailed it,and Iā€™m glad we feel the same on this.All of this is what drove me to make this thread [and your post yesterday].

Exactly.Iā€™ve been here this long,I certainly do not mind waiting any longer if it means we get the fixes we so desperately need.Iā€™ve mentioned this before,but I honestly wouldnā€™t mind if they went so far as taking the game back down,giving all of us surveys to fill out [as they did in both CBTā€™s] to figure out where to focus the most,and relaunching with an up to date client that resembles some of the needed changes kTOS has already received.I know this would be complicated with Steam and more people possibly wanting refunds,but I think itā€™d be best.

And just this small change will make such a big impact.Julie showed us all the difference one person can make here,so another attempt [more frequent posts from staff] that stayed consistent would do wonders.

Assuming staff is still checking up here:
A small post on a weekly basis,that lists what issues youā€™re currently working on and whatā€™s been added would be a great first step in the right direction.Even if itā€™s very little progress on these things,taking the time to do it each time shows us that you care.

Ban reports used to be common and those stopped as well.Consistent staff activity that is basic in just about any other game isnā€™t asking for much.Heck,I would do it if possible.I think a good number of us would.

Again,I want to say thank you to everyone so far for your support.Itā€™s heartwarming to see and I hope it continues :sparkles:

3 Likes

At least they finally responded :smile: soā€¦what does that mean now?

what we already knew shut up and wait

A staff member responded yes,but it wasnā€™t quite what we wanted to hear.I know she can probably only say so much,but this thread is about getting results and keeping this a hot topic,because that is the only way we can expect change to happen.

So to me,at least,nothing has really changed.

1 Like

We canā€™t use the email now since a staff has officially sanctioned its usageā€¦I guess that only leaves Facebook and the other link :neutral_face:

Well it was more asking us not to.My intention was more 1 email,and however many messages on Facebook.But I canā€™t stop people from continuing to send emails,and it was one they put up publicly.In the announcement it was posted in,it said emergencies such as server outages like Ines mentioned,but also anything else that made the game unplayable,which I think many are experiencing right now.So I wonā€™t be taking it down from the main post.

Iā€™m not asking you to take it down, more like, what do we do now? Do we have anymore grievances to file? We need some sort of master list and see who can testify to what. But there are so many problems, where do we even begin? :sweat:

If it were up to me,weā€™d be more aggressive with it.Spam on Facebook,the email,and maybe even similar topics on the forum about the same subject.Thatā€™s how we got the tides to turn with the 3 month Founderā€™s Access idea,and itā€™s sort of what I had in mind here.Or at least similar.We need a lot of voices in mass,not just one topic like this.At least thatā€™s what I think.

The issue with a list of sorts is that some issues,literally everyone can agree on [mismanagement here and in the game,still no TP,etc],but not others [P2W,class resets,etc].Also,what would we do with a list after that? Email it? Repeat the steps here?

I am all about brainstorming next steps,as Iā€™m not totally sure myself and looking on FB at both pages,Iā€™m not sure how successful mine was [maybe more people emailed,instead].

Thank you for the assistance then,itā€™s definitely needed.

I suppose since that method worked last time,I naturally wanted to do the same.But success can be achieved in more than one way and itā€™s important to remember that.

So what seems to be universally agreed on as far as issues go? Both here and in-game.

Grab every thread with a legitimate problem/question and create a summery.

Legitimate = needs to have a certain number of people that agree with the point/topic brought up more than once.

Also must fit these qualifications:

• Slightly popular thread (Only if the topic of discussion is only brought up once)

• Having a solution/suggestion tied in with the topic. (It doesnā€™t have to, but I think those who made threads that geared more towards fixing the problem then just complaining are great.)

• Threads that are respectful of the community and the game itself are more towards making the game/place better, than just complaining.

Personally Iā€™ve been working on one myself, more or less a master thread list if youā€™d like to see?

Itā€™s based on:

• Topic Title

• Who posted it

• Brief summery/quoted good points from both pros and cons.

• Amount of posts that agree/amount of posts that disagree.

• Any Topics with a similar suggestion/question/compliant.

Itā€™s more or less my own project Iā€™m working on (when not reporting gold seller spam in shout chat.)

2 Likes

Good idea @Tsundere,although getting this all together and totally organized may take some time.

But I would love to see what you have so far,itā€™d help us a lot right off the bat.

Edit: @yoh_z5 What on earth are you talking about? Please keep it constructive.

So you are a professional stalker then, i knew it.

@Rob-Mar I think the best course of action is to split the work up. And make it more of a weekly goal.

For example, Letā€™s say we have three people working on this, we each take 20 topics a week (Iā€™m not sure if weā€™ll need another chat for this) by claiming them. So basically youā€™ll be like, ā€œHey guys hereā€™s the links, Iā€™m taking these 20 topics this week.ā€

Then we can add to one large post as we go. Maybe even like a community update. Although honestly Iā€™m afraid of doing so, because it could potentially make players feel like weā€™re biased. Or mad that we pulled topics they didnā€™t agree with. It feels like more of a behind the scenes sort of thing, you know?

@Melon
Sure Iā€™ll send it over to you in a PM if thatā€™s okay? I think we can make group PMs, so Iā€™ll add in anyone else interested. :3

1 Like

Urgency email only for ā€œemergencyā€ like server crash? The lack of communacation seems emergency enough. I mean people here knows something bad is goinā€™ to happen if this ā€œsilenceā€ keeps up. By that logic, are we suppose to only report if that bad thing is happening not before it happens? (We had to, since posting issues on forums seems useless anyway)

Either way, now that we have their attention. Hopefully itā€™s not an approach from them on the belief that if they replied to a thread we will be satisfied. IMC, until real issues are touched, we are not stopping our ā€œcry for attentionā€. Good day to all

1 Like

If we do make a community updated thread on issues, I think we need to make clear rules on what constitutes a legit concern/question/game issue.

Therefore if someone argues it, we can basically say, ā€œGet more people to agree with you, or change the way you word your topic, ectā€

So instead of saying, ā€œNo sorry, you will never make the list.ā€ itā€™s more of ā€œHereā€™s how to improve so you can make the list.ā€

No need to worry about my mental health if we have a lot of volunteers that are up for the task. Those who can handle it can take bigger chunks and those who want to help, but donā€™t have the time can get smaller chunks. Then with clear rules, we donā€™t have to worry about having problems among us on what makes it and what doesnā€™t. As well as following a clearly made form of how to post the topic, so that we donā€™t have a bunch of different details or miss key points.

The nice part is that eventually we can just group the same point topics together allowing us to gather more pros and cons.

Iā€™m a stickler for things in uniform fashion. :3

I know there were some other threads that described the problems in one list, honestly, of all things why did it have to be the one made by a biased psychopath? I already get that Iā€™m indirectly responsible for it, and I really donā€™t want anything to do with it.:expressionless:

Sentiments aside, I think weā€™re on the right track, now if we can only organize them. We all know theyā€™re meta problems, but we should arrange them at least, from:

• Graphical Problems

• UI Problems

• Sound Problems

• Disciplinary Problems

• Add-on approvals and rejections

More to come when I think of them. We also need to arrange them in subs, like this:

• Graphical Problems
  • 32 Bit OS Graphical Crash
    (Insert Details Here)
1 Like

Agree with everything about this.I think we should discuss what it should address and how to keep it looking nice and easy to read.Moderation would help with poor responses but none of us have that power,unfortunately.

Just an idea that popped into my head,not a big deal if no one likes it: What do you think about polls to get a feel of how many agree/disagree with an issue? I know some can be manipulated,but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s one out there somewhere that can limit votes per IP or something.Perhaps this would cut down on arguments in a thread if we had one?

My suggestion will be to consolidate the issues on a google document (which only allows a few collaborators to edit) and post the link here and to IMC rather than post as a topic/thread over on the forums here.

• Google docs have better formatting and make it easily searchable
  • Easier to cross out issues which are fixed
  • Has better uptime 99.99999% than the current ToS forums
  • IMC can just link to bookmark it/export/print it rather than searching through the forums for the consolidated issues (It helps them too)
  • Able to cross post over to discord/facebook/reddit for more views as a link
  • Eliminates the constant need to bump this thread up every now and then

The thread which houses the google doc link will be for the players to post their issues and for discussion.

3 Likes