Tree of Savior Forum

Bullet Marker Advancement Guide (adapted from KR Guide)

Translated/added from this guide here: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4196/100030?category=불릿마커&name=subject&keyword=안내서

As far as I can tell, there’s no english guides on how to unlock Bullet Marker yet and the quest was kind of annoying, so I figured I’d pop this on here.

1. Speak to Manager Rota constantly choosing the ‘special request’ dialogue option. After awhile (took me legit 10-15 minutes) the dialogue option will disappear and Rota will finally tell you that the Bullet Marker master can be found at Greene Manor.

2. Go to Greene Manor. Simple 'nuff. BM Master can be found near the Goddess Statue.

3. He’ll give you the important deets on how to advance to a Bullet Master.
    -He’s seen funky gold-aura’d creatures giving off gold dust, and something about that is just not okay.
    -The gold creatures can’t be hurt with normal bullets.
    -He gave his special bullet recipes to Manager Rota.
    -You need to grab those recipes, make those bullets and get rid of those gold thingies.

He’ll detail three zones in particular.
Salvia Forest which contains 'Red Spions’
Nefritas Cliff which contains ‘Firents’ and
Sekta Forest which contains ‘Blue Lepusbunny.’

You need Frost bullets to get the Red Spions, Fire bullets to get the Firents and Lightning bullets to get the Blue Lepusbunnies.

After speaking to Manager Rota, she will give you three recipes for each type of bullet.

Each bullet requires a specific elemental component along with an ingredient called ‘Demon Magic Dust.’

—GETTING DAT DEMON MAGIC DUST—
This bit is a tad annoying and took me about two hours to complete. - You need 150 Dust in total.
In order to get Demon Magic Dust, you have to travel to Shaton Reservoir and kill mobs to obtain ‘Demonic Monster Flesh.’ Much like most quest items, it will automatically go in to your inventory upon killing creatures.

After obtaining 150 Demonic Monster Flesh (you can do this while you run around the map searching for active Aggregators) you should familiarize yourself with the locations in which the Magic Aggregators can be found. There are -five- total on the map, and each Aggregator can produce a maximum of 30 Demon Magic dust.

Keep cycling through the mole-hill-portal-things until you find an active Magic Aggregator, which will be glowing with a bright red aura. Once you find an active Aggregator, just use it 30 times to get your 30 dust. Once you obtain 30 dust from a single Aggregator, it will no longer be able to turn on which reduces the number of Magic Aggregators you need to be looking out for. It is possible to get less than 30 dust from a single Aggregator at one time- they seem to be on some sort of timer. If that happens, just keep cycling through until the one you need again lights up, or a different one turns on.

—You can camp the Aggregators and just wait for them to turn on—
Edit: the Aggregators can be active even without the light on. If you are on your last Aggregator, try channel hopping every now and then and trying the aggregator even if the light is not on. My last Aggregator took me ages until eventually I tried once without the light.

Bust through those Aggregators and now we’re ready to grab those elemental ingredients.

----FIRE BULLET----
You need 200 Pyrite.
Pyrite is 8 silver apiece at the Pyromancer Master.
Ezpz.

—ICE BULLET—
You need 260 Pure Frost Fragments.
Ashaq Underground Prison lv1 is a super low level dungeon with literally nothing but ice mobs.
Takes 5 minutes.
Ezpz.

—LIGHTNING BULLET—
Oh you thought this part would be Ezpz too, did you?

Welcome to the most irritating part of this quest.

When talking to the Bullet Marker Master about the elemental bullets, he hands you a Lantern.
This lantern can be popped into a hotbar slot and turned on to give you a constant circular aura of light.
Now, you need to travel to Grynas Trails and look for special lightning rocks- the worst time of your life.

Pressing the hotbar or activating the lantern will allow you to see ittybitty orange sparks on the ground that have a ‘space’ dialogue prompt next to them. Picking these up will grant a ‘Lightning Stone.’ You need 20.

I averaged 1-2 rocks every 15 minutes or so. This part of the quest is an absolute drag and takes ages. My general rule of thumb was to stick to the southern half of the Grynas Trails map and move in a grid-like fashion on my mount, as fast as possible while still covering as much ground as I could.

—The KR guide says that you can only get 10 rocks per day but this is false- you can get all 20 in a single go—

-Check the KR guide linked above if you want to see the most common places for the lightning rocks to spawn.

If you made it through to this point, congratulations. You just got through yet another mindnumbingly horrifying advancement quest portion akin to the most herculean of hidden class quests.

The final part is simple and easy.

Sit down, craft your bullets, then drag them into your hotbar. Now, all you have to do is go out to the originally listed maps (Salvia Forest, Nefritas Cliff, Sekta Forest) and find the mob with ‘strange’ before its name. Generally they have a gold aura. Once you find the ‘strange’ mob, hold down the correct bullet in your hotbar (they have to charge) and hit it, removing the aura. After you find and hit all three, talk to Manager Rota and b o o o o m, you’ve unlocked Bullet Marker.

For reference:
Salvia Forest, Red Spions, Frost Bullets.
Nefritas Cliff, Firents, Fire Bullets.
Sekta Forest, Blue Lepusbunny, Lightning Bullets.

—You may have to channel hop in order to find the mob or just plain wait. Only took me 10 minutes though—
Edit: the locations provided on the KR guide are EXACT spawn locations. The mob will literally fall from the sky on to that spot. It can spawn in one channel, but not others. I waited in one channel while a friend waited in the other.
-Once again, check the KR guide for popular spawn locations. I really should consider adding my own pictures but I’m allergic to forum formatting.

I hope this guide helped you out a tad more clearly than janky Google translating!
Good luck, and may you not take days to find those Lightning Stones.

17 Likes

I missed the chance to be able to switch to new classes during the event and after looking here as the class change quest is, I gave up.

It’s almost the same as unlocking a class, like Appraiser

Yeah I unlocked r9 two days after the reset event ended and had no idea why it wouldn’t just let me select bullet marker lmao.

It’s not awesome. Took me like 6-7 hours total? Not even sure if it’ll be worth it once I fully restat

for locations of the lightning bullet

2 Likes

Thanks for the guide! It’s been helping a lot!

Just finished collecting all the electric stones and ho boy, that was an ordeal. I highly recommend when doing this quest that you get the ObjectDetector and Altarget addons, they will help you to find the stone spawn points. I recorded the times I got each stone for the last half of it, and it seems to me like 2 stones spawn every 8~ minutes or so. So if you check @setsune’s map up there so you know where the spawn points are, I would expect to take at least an hour and a half to get all the stones.

Moving on to the dust part now. Let’s hope it sucks a little less.

Hey what addon Is objectdetector can’t find it in the list

To install it manually:
-Put the IPF file in the TreeofSavior/Data folder
-Create a new folder named “objectdetector” in the TreeofSavior/addons folder
-Create a new text file named “settings.txt” in the TreeofSavior/addons/objectdetector folder
-in “settings.txt,” paste the following text:

1 Like

hey,
whenever i try to boot the game the inf disappears from the data list , hence the addon dosnt work in game.

Any solutions ?

You have to add a special character to the filename to stop it from being deleted.

Personally I use :snowman:. If you have any other addons, you can copy one from those too.

The stones just dont spawn, I have found seven yesterday somewhere around 5:00PM and from that time not a single one, I run around in patterns throught the spots for more than six hours and nothing, today the same.

Were you doing the quest alone, or were other people on the map/channel as well?

I had no problem finding stones (like I said above, 2 stones every 8~10 minutes once I started recording, like clockwork), but I was the only one in my channel.

Also maybe a dumb question, but was your lantern on?

Yes my lantern was on all the time and today I was alone on the channel.

Same thing is happening for me, can’t seem to find any even though I’m constantly circling the spots. Bug perhaps?

Lightning stones is just straight up miserable. You’ll go the LONGEST TIME without finding a single one and something will suddenly crop up like an hour later. It’s terrible, but keep at it.

1 Like

Hi There. Currently downloaded the Addons you were referring to. Sorry for the dumb question but how will I know if the Addon is working properly? will it show on the map/mini map? Thanks

Hope this help guys and here are my notes

• Img have the order i check the stones you can follow it if you wish
  • It take me 3-5 min each stone
  • Only 1 in mapa all the time, I dont know if there is a respawn time but:
    – If there is respawn time going alone is better and is cancer if 2 or more people are on map doing the quest :smiley:
    – If there is NO respawn time going w/more people is faster just organize and divide the spawn location.
  • If there is no people on map the stone will not spawn, it will take 3-4min? to spawn(changing channel will help nothing if there is no people in the other channel).
  • Not sure if i got all the spawn spots, maybe there are more?
  • Stone stays 4-6min? before changing place if no one take it.
  • Sorry for grammar mistakes english is not my main language.

Credits by Malen :distinguished:

3 Likes

If the ObjectDetector addon is working, it will show little squares on your mini map and M map denoting where PCs, NPCs, Enemies etc are.

If Altarget is working, then when you target a mob it will show a display of stats over their head as well as a green circle denoting their position.

Update second time doing quest
-takes me 50min more or less

• Respawn time update:
    – Got 2 stones one after another in like 20 second so not sure if respawn time is irregular or i m missing some spawn spots as i something need to wait 3-6 min for the stone and this spawn in a location i arready checked? maybe relocation time?
    – One time there was another archer doing quest and i got 3 stones in like 30 second(using haste) sooooo maybe is not only 1 stone in the map but 1 stone x player lighthing in the map? so more players = more stones? not sure here need more people to test it =/
  • Altarget addon working just fine, but can only get the 20 spots in the imagen not sure if missing spots need help here
  • Changing channels still did not help need to check it leaving and anchor
  • Not sure if stone can be taken be 2 people at the same time or if is party shared and if another people can see the same stone i can see or they have their own stones, again need help here
  • Thats all for now will try to update and do a google doc if i can hope this help

Oh I see. Looks like the ObjectDetector that I tried manually doing was a fail. Good news is that I’m a BM now. Sigh* I’m dumb .__.

Any tips for finding Strange mobs?