Tree of Savior Forum

Buff Limits....?

I heard that, in game there is a max buffs count. Its pretty werid, cause it’s like you say: you can have max 5 T-Shirsts in your Closet ._. The max count is 5, but I would love to (And not only me) to delete it, or make it twice bigger (10).
Whats yours opinion? :smile:
CLOSED

The solution is simple: have a Krivis cast Daino on your party. Daino can increase the buff limit.
Done.

P/s: It seems the buff limit was 8 in the 2nd CBT. The devs may change it in the next beta though :smile:

3 Likes

Well I’m gonna be solo type. Doesn’t Daino make it bigger only by 1? Well I hope, it will be atleast 10 :frowning: cuz of my Full Buff Swordie.

As far as the current translation goes each skill level will increase the limit by 1, or else why bother investing more points in that skill.
The devs designed ToS with party-oriented gameplay in mind, so you should definitely join a party at some point. Kirito wannabe is not good.

1 Like

That kind of limitation exist only for inciting people to play together.
If you want to play alone, ToS is maybe not for you.

nope. . I’m for buff limit. . strong characters because it’s overbuffed status is not worth it. that makes the game easy. . I pity those monsters who always fighting with overbuffed characters. unfair and cruel. .

1 Like

WellI didn’t mean alone, but at the starts there won’t be much Krivises

then Why dont you play Krivis if you want to support much more buffs??

Cause I have never been a Support in any MMORPG I’ve ever played. It’s because I really don’t feel like a Healer.
No one begins with a Support, but with a Grinder.

well basically buffs are the job for healer. . you want to play a swordman but talking about buffs? are you scared to brandish your sword to monsters if you dont have any full-buffs aiding you??

Don’t worry, your swordman probably won’t have more than 5-6 buffs early ingame.

Nope, but I’ve made an Autoatk swordie, so everything I need are buffs (to make the same dmg as skill types)

then you have to choose wisely which buffs are good for your build. . since swordman’s tree has variatons of buffs as well. .
that think-tank is what makes the game enjoyably and fun . . the system itself is maintaining the balance

Wrong. I always play support, I really don’t care grinding fast. I enjoy helping people and exploring with my party wherever we go :3 That’s how the game is fun for me.

Okay then, I agree. If it was unlimited a class like monk would be really OP if he had Full Buffs.

Oh… Even those people exists? :smiley:

Monk rank dont have buff except invisibility stance, which they can’t even attack in that stance.
regarding it’s class type, I bet that swordman’s attack power is far more superior than cleric’s. . so buffs are acceptable for them.
and then, there is a branch between Krivis and Priest, if one going to priest, he wont be able to access Krivis Buffs (Daino) . . so their buff limit will also be limited at 5.
but how about Full-buffed swordman?? swordman have self-buffs that promote Attacks and Defenses, plus buffs from cleric as well. . wont it be too OP?
Swordmans can selfbuff their stats, and clerics could pass buff to swordman as well. if you have daino, you could get much more buffs from cleric
but what about clerics?? they usually self-buffs themselves, and it’s rare that other class could give buffs to cleric.

yeah, those people exist. . gaming is not about making your character as best to overpower everybody. . it’s about fun

2 Likes

Challenge is fun. Limitations are challenge. Think about it. We try to overcome limitations all the time. May it be health, dps, movement…

The only special part is that a “Buff limit” is new. Which is also good, since it is new.

I often begin with support because I’m just so badass I can do that.

Not really but usually the support gets at least SOME offensive skills allowing them to level in specific ways. Helps that they’re usually clerics or priests and thus specifically designed to wipe out undead.