Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ¹ Which is the better, all-around Scout3 pre-Mergen build (full dungeon runs, field PVE/farming/grinding, mission soloing)?

• Archer3 > Scout3 > Falconer1
  • Archer2 > Ranger1 > Scout3 > Rogue1

0 voters

##Some pros & cons about these 2 (what I know so far)

NOTE: If youā€™re going to suggest another build, please not ones that are way different than the two above (e.g. ā€œyou should go wugu or sapper or blahblahā€). They should be built around Scout3 because reasons! :smiley:

##1.) Archer3 > Scout3 > Falconer1

####Pros:

• Max evasion boost from Swift Step
  • Twin Arrows for leftover mobs
  • Iā€™ve seen videos of how well Circling works w/ Mergen skills

####Cons:

• Max-charging Multishot is tricky in a lot of situations
  • Thereā€™s talk that Twin Arrows falls off hard late-game
  • Circling uptime is crappy, worse when falcon bugs
  • Thereā€™s not a lot of other skills to benefit from in Falconer C1, PVE-wise, which means considering having picked it only for Circling, 72% of the time itā€™s like the rank isnā€™t there at all

##2.) Archer2 > Ranger1 > Scout3 > Rogue1

####Pros:

• Feint+Barrage seems better when handling groups compared to Multishot even w/ Circling; faster to execute as well for single target burst
  • 10 seconds of +10% atk w/ Steady Aim that applies to higher rank skills as well
  • Can Capture Flare Shot and Mergenā€™s Arrow Sprinkle (at least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve read) for situational use and strong burst every 3 minutes (Capture CD)
  • Can go with a high STR build yet still crit most of the time w/ Sneak Hit considering you have access to a stack of lv.10 Werewolf Cards

####Cons:

• 5 unspent skill points in Ranger C1
  • Have to get near target to get most of Barrageā€™s burst (compared to Multishot where you can attack from a distance)
  • Thereā€™s talk that Feint+Barrage falls off later

Please vote and feel free to leave any comments below. Thanks in advance!

oh my man biskee is creating a scout
now i personally have an archer 3 scout 3 musket, and i think musket is a much better choice than both falc+mergen AND rogue+ranger and let me explain why
1st of all how long do you think a synergy of a rank 2 and a rank 5 skill is going to last? itā€™ll fall off for sure,
musket is getting a 100% additional damage buff in addition to its 400% scaling, i decided to follow the korean archer 3 scout 3 musket rather than idreamyā€™s version because idreamy only show us video of him bossing, not clearing time all of his other videos in the guide are korean scouts which confirmed to be archer 3 scout 3
just a personal preference thing, a wall of text is not more convincing than video proof, now there is nothing wrong with going ranger 1 rogue, but as someone who is familiar with barrage i know that it will fall off (i have a ranger 3 fletcher with a lvl 15 barrage and it does fall off)
musket makes up for any single target damage you are missing, you can also do cannoneer if you like aoe but i believe with proper aoe gear musket skills can make up for that as well.
falc+mergen, musket c2 and cannoneer c2 are going to be MUCH stronger than feint+Barrage.
you are basically throwing away late game synergy for early game synergy, imc have made it clear that ranks 1-5 arenā€™t suppose to be the main damage dealers in this game, but rank 7 and up.
I just donā€™t like the idea of creating a farming build that requires you to do all the things you donā€™t wanna do on a farming builds such as: going high str (for a farming archer evasion is pretty good) and getting close to enemies with skills like barrage and capture that lock you in place
for farming efficiency, archer 3 scout 3 builds are better.
the ranger rogue build is a build with the mentality that tree of savior ends at rank 7, but its not.
besides, circling+lvl 15 multi shot is very deadly late game

1 Like

Ranger C1 give only 10% ATK from steady aim not 15%

I think you can add 3rd choice by mix 1st,2nd like Archer2 > Ranger1 > Scout3 > Falconer. If you want Falcon but donā€™t like Multishot15,Twins Arrow. (When you become Mergen you will use Circling+Mergenā€™s Skill more than Circling+Multishot anyway)

1 Like

Why canā€™t I vote for Archer2 Sapper2 Scout3?

2 Likes

honestly ranger c1 without feint will fall off even harder (watch how feint+barrage will fall off as soon as rank 8 comes)
with glass mole cards, it makes ranger kinda pointless
as i said i got a ranger 3 build with lvl 15 barrage and it already falls of
and honestly 10% steady aim can just be substituted with glass mole cards.

Yes it will fall like Twins arrow. And Twins arrow better by clearing leftover mob. Another bad thing if we become Mergen. We need to use bow which hard to use Barrage.

But i think either twin arrow, Barrage still good if we can have trans weapon with pretty high atk because they are multi hit attack. And it still usefull in 130-145 full run dungeon.

About that buff just let ppl choose. Shift step 15 for move faster+high evasion or Shift step 10+ Steady Aim for 10% ATK (10sec every 25sec).

that isnā€™t really a problem since split arrow benefit more from 2h bows
besides, mergen isnā€™t the only option for this build.

would you trade that steady aim 10% for twin arrow which falls off late game?

not really an issue for me, my scout is lvl 250 and my twin arrow is pretty good it works similar to running shot just with a bit of CD (7 second CD with 5 overheat is very low)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Haha. I did try farming 145 with my Sw3 Cata3 Goon1 but it felt tiresome and boring. Wouldā€™ve been faster if I had Pelt but well Sword C3 gaming is life.

I do have personally tried using an Archer3(HunterScoutFalconCannon) and a A2R1(Fletcher) - both have their own strengths and weaknesses though I might be more biased towards Archer3 since itā€™s known Barrage shines best w/ Rogueā€™s Feint and I havenā€™t really tried that combo firsthand yet.

Thanks for your input. Iā€™m leaning more towards the A3 now though Iā€™m still unsure about picking Falconer for R7 considering Circlingā€™s uptime and how thereā€™s not much other skills from it that benefits me (Hovering and Pheasant is nice in PVP though).

So itā€™s a dilemma now - I could go A3 but Iā€™m still not 100% into Falconer; and if I go Rogue I would have benefited from it more if I went A2R1 (or would it still be OK if I donā€™t get Ranger1?).

While I agree Musket2 is a great alternative, I really wanted a 2Hbow-oriented PVE build and something with Scout3 + Mergen fits that well.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot it was 10% and based the value on what TOSbase has (they really need to update that).

I feel like Barrage is a bit lackluster without Feint so Iā€™d only really benefit from Steady Aim on that rank if I donā€™t go with Rogue1 for R7. Thanks for suggesting it though.

Hehe sorry. While itā€™s also a viable build, Iā€™m really not into the whole Sapper thing. If they ever decide to improve the CD of the classā€™ skills, I might change my mind.

Yeah man, Broom Trapā€™s cooldown is long but you have Split Arrow for the less-clutch spammable multi-target attacks.

Plus Mergen will help fill the cooldown gap with Broom Trap very well.

Also, Mergen skills require a two-handed bow, which means youā€™ll be dealing greatly increased damage to flying monsters, making ground monsters more of the problem, which Sapper deals with perfectly.

I get why you donā€™t want to do Sapper but man this is easily the build I would recommend to anyone who wanted to do Scout3/Mergen.

still debating to myself about scout build

can you guys share your sapper scout build? wanna know how your skill allocation

actually I thought sapper scout build too, but Iā€™m worrying if sapperā€™s broom trap will fall of at later rank, while falcon circling will still scale well I guess

how about A2>R1>Sc3>R3 (from rank 7-8)

I saw this build in youtube kr 2 weeks ago. kinda awesome to watch since the damage can be boosted from steady aim lv15. I know this build is weaker than mergen but if i compare the total expenses for enhancing skill attributes, R3 would be much cheaper than mergenā€™s. Also the sp cost of mergen skill with higher level eats a lot of sp. Since i keep relying from split arrow so much, mergen skills might not needed for me. But hey, this is just my own insights regarding builds for Scout3.

Im an Archer2 > Ranger1 > Scout3 >, still rank 6 and I might jus tgo with the iDreamy build, rouge at 7, then Mergen. Unless I change my mind soon then might go falconer lol

the problem is that cannoner c2 musket c2 and mergen are all classes with much stronger damage input
cannoneer and musket have 50% and 100% damage buffs, better than steady aimā€™s 20%.
ranger c3 at rank 8 doesnā€™t have the proper scaling, like the classes i mentioned do.
musketā€™s butt stroke have a 100% additional damage buff, and cannoneer got a damage buff with smoke grenade (value unknown but iā€™d guess more than 30% since its a rank 8 buff)
split arrow might seem strong in that korean video thatā€™s true, but you are forgetting that rank 8 classes have base damages of 400%+10k and 15k base damages and has the potential to go much higher, which is why i also donā€™t like the rogue build
you are sacrificing late game synergies for early game synergies.

then i guess falco1 would be best for rank7 instead of rogue1, then mergen. since someone already gave previews of circling+ spread shot combo. that would be the best choice for A2>R1>SC3 build (kinda regret for not getting A3 but R1 is kinda worth it since A3 doesnt have aoe during early levels)

BTW for everyone saying that twin arrow drains mana i really donā€™t know how, twin arrows costs 27 sp at lv5, split arrows costs 37 sp, if you go scout3, youā€™re basically spamming split arrow 24/7 and dealing with 37sp each cast is not a problem with potion, how could twin arrow, that cost 10sp less be draining your mana i donā€™t know. Even more, i just left my twin arrow at lv1 and iā€™m doing fine (lv145+) because lv1-5 is just 150dmg more and itā€™s not worth it imo and the more i lv up the better it will be because 150 dmg is not going to change a dime at lv 280+, i use twin arrow for double dmg single target and +50% vs cloth.

oh and iā€™m going a3>scout3>falco>mergen since i like the interaction of circling with multishot and homing arrow from mergen + useful skill for party play, i think the dmg from sapper will fall at late level like almost every dmg skill from rank 1-5 (even split arrow will fall in dmg a lot at later stages and you can see this from videos)

1 Like