Tree of Savior Forum

Bot!? You got to be kidding

I heard on facebook about a bot already running on ToS, please, don’t let that happen.

1 Like

■■■■ happens. (20botsontos)

Inevitable if the combat is easy enough. I could write a program to run a party with centurion pretty easily I think (maybe like 1 centurion, 1 healer and a ton of archers).

What really matters is if they will bother banning them or not since that is the biggest deterent. I mean people will always vpn and bot for currency and items but at least they won’t risk/bot their main accounts.

2 Likes

OH MY GOD, if that is true TOS will die in just a year, BOT killed Ragnarok Online (AFAIK) w/ around 70% players grinding are Bots…

I hope that they can counter this problem cuz it will break the Economy of this games market/items like what happened in RO

1 Like

absurd! if this is true IMC should better make sure there security is top notch… I would not like to see players grinding with me just to find out they are bots.

In the game Archeage, there was a skill to report boting, etc. If the boting was confirm by a moderator you recieved reward like Artisanal point cause use the skill use 25 AP, and you recieved 50 AP.
If you were report by a bad/rage player (to troll for example), you could “debuff” the skill with a judge npc to unguilty (free). You had a time limit to visit the judge
The players were motivated to denounce player cause bot ruins game, and the rewards (little, but it’s reward after all).

If ToS uses a similary system, (with more more more grinding than Archeage) the bots could be quickly stop.
And why not when the “bot” recieved 10, 15 or 20 alert or more ( i dunno a much alert), it will be send immediatly at jail.

(sorry i’m not english, i do my best =s)

10 Likes

I heard on Facebook that I could download beta keys.

All I have to do is share this post 284839595@ times.

In all seriousness, bots for any game are inevitable, it’s up to a developer to constantly patch and prevent them as much as possible. For ToS, it’s got a pretty interesting in-game not prevention already.

4 Likes

actually not confirmed yet since archer’s basic attack looks like a bot but it isnt’ same for others, they could be just sitting here and using a coin to hold the normal attack button <3 or other methods etc.

Please tell me one MMORPG that doesn’t have bots.

The people who are surprised don’t know how Easy botting is in ANY and ALL MMORPG game.
It is a matter of how it is dealt with, preventing is a high and difficult task against bots. Knowing how to deal with it is what will matter.
Only time will tell how well it will be prevented and if it can’t be completely prevented (which is 99% likely), it will be how to minimize the affect bots will have in the community.

1 Like

#bot #botting #cheat but, If you get busted, vac do not forgive.

2 Likes

No, Ragnarok killed itself, because it turned into a horrible pay-to-win cashsop game with little to no offers to the community. ORIGINALLY bots were GOOD for Ragnarok, because they would grind on monsters to get cards and mass sell them (thara frog example.) for a couple million. The game only became an issue when RO introduced a cash-shop and pay to win items that you could sell to real people-- in essence ruining the market. Bots were part of Ragnarok for many years, and never caused an issue until the cash shop was out.

Every game has bots. Get over it.

3 Likes

this is what i fear for this game or even other mmorpgs

damn bots…

i can deal with those site spammers… but not those bot-filled-parties that does quests \ grinds

1 Like

if they release their own bot like Angels Online it will be a smaller problem…
but yeah… tons of afk players.

Tera and most newer action combat games where mobs will kill you in 2-3 hits if you dont dodge anything

Tera has bots though. Heck FFXIV has bots, they just teleport into walls and under the floor to kill things.

This is sad…

Everyone isn’t supposed to get all by your own hand? Being someone in this game…

I guess IMC will find a way, the Grim Reaper system is nice.

This problem as already been solved in many games, and I can remember one precisely : WAKFU.

@vitormsnxd “Heard on Facebook”… C’mon, don’t say me you need Facebook to tell you that there will be bot in ToS. You are VERY late.

Plus, this problem has already been raised on this forum nearly since his creation weeks/months ago.

The most efficient way to get rid of botters is to force them to solve a riddle that only a human actually can do.

But no answers from IMC on that topic, which is now deeply buried in the forum…

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Oh yes, there are tons of bots, bots everywhere.
I dunno what is worst, someone telling that, or someone believing that.

I’m not a programmer, but i know that encoding a bot, take valuable amount of time, requires billions of commands and stuffs, recognition of maps/monsters, and above of all, a finished/released game.
this is the first time i hear of “bots” on a “CLOSED BETA GAME”.

1 Like