Tree of Savior Forum

Bot!? You got to be kidding

Seeinng that official release is still so far off and this is only cbt, i’m not that worried, yet…

But i do hope the official tos wont be overun by bots & afkers though…

@AkaiKiseki , yea, i’m probably late, but not that late. I don’t need Facebook or anythink to say what i want to say, i aggre that is the most efficient way to get rid of them. This pic is from August 7, seems more like a macro than a bot itself.

EN: he used some item to press “Z” (attack) and went away to sleep.dont need any bot program. easy pizzy
RU: Cпичка в клаве рулит. надеюсь это дерьмо как то пофиксят.

Lets just encourage players to ban botters seriously!!..some mmorpg games have a reward system if they successfully report hackers/botters/glitchs they get alittle gold only if its proved to be true though

6 Likes

Apparently, bots are actually good the the economy of a game. Which is not too hard to comprehend as there are some games that require you to do some very tedious work like grinding millions of mobs for some sort of ingredient. Thus, sometimes not only is the system to blame, but also the blatant negligence of the company.

Let me share with you what my friend’s (who works at a particularly well-known game development company) boss said to him.

"Bots are an essential part of the gaming economy. Using a somewhat simple metaphor, just like “illegal immigrants” in the United States, they do all of the “dirty work”. Prices such as boss items and other items stay high price because not a lot of bots are able to farm those items."

There are some benefits that mass botting can bring to a game, such as making it easier for players to afford NPC crafting costs of necessary gear, but they cause more harm than good. The more gold they pump into the economy, the worse inflation gets, and the harder it becomes for new players to afford certain things and old players to afford rare/legendary items.

Let me share with you, the second part of that conversation, which doesn’t hold true to all companies, but the benefit from it stays the same:

"Also, Bots will inflate the economy at an early stage of the game, making Cash Shop items sell for more since there’s more Gold available to use on the market. This will make Players want to spend on the Cash Shop just to sell the CS item for in-game Gold, so they can get ahead. It doesn’t matter if it ruins the game quicker, we’ll just have another game ready in a year from now so this current one can work as a quick profit!"

2 Likes

Game are not designed for support BOTs and they are not a good thing just because high level players and cheaters gain benefits for it.

its called cheat engine not actually bot. Its a cheating program that lets you hex the game client.

I cant believe your arguing that bots are good? …What about the bots that farm items/gold and make players untouchable?Obtaining massive amounts of gold and rare legendary items…One shot pvping you, you’re going to be the first one complaining…

1 Like

Seriously bro you’re protecting bots ? They’re a pest they’re not included in the game you have to work for youe items and in game gold tsss.

Sorry that’s why botting is illegal.

1 Like

There’s two main ways to cheat. Botting (or macros even), which is via automation of functions, such as going around killing stuff without a person controlling them, and as someone else mentioned, hex editting (I usually just refer to this as cheating), like god mode, unlimited ammo, et cetera. Wanted to clear that up for anyone that’s not sure.

Okay. So we’ve got a discussion on our hands about the impact of botting/cheating on the server. From an OBJECTIVE point of view, this is typically what happens: Botters bot. They bot for money, items, levels, et cetera. In other games where this exists, this means that the supply of such items and money (by supply of money, I mean black market trading real game currency for in game currency) will increase. This can only mean good things for the players (unless you are an elitist). It means that more players are able to gain access to higher tier equipment. Then more players are able to clear higher end content. Which leads to more gear. No?

From a financial standpoint, it is amazing. It dethrones any absolute monopolies that attempt to take control of a given market. For example, if there is a particular guild that are the only ones that can clear a particular dungeon, and that dungeon drops something that everyone wants, then they’d monopolise the product (naturally). But if the market was flooded with said item due to botters or cheaters, then that monopoly would be hard to maintain, and the power gap between higher end players and lower end players would be smaller. Means more people can play with more people. Again, from an elitist point of view, this is bad.

I’m not justifying for botters/cheaters; I’m just saying some people need to open their mind a little and be a little more objective. In many games, they contribute largely to the economy. And that if this is inevitable (I think it will be), then adapt, rather than cry. That’s the real way of getting ahead.

P.s. Does anyone know if there will be any anti-cheating system in place? Whether in the upcoming beta or at launch?

I understand your point sir but as long as it’s not allowed/included in the game and it is consider as illegal I wont tolerate it.

Im no clean when it comes to botting I played RO since 2003 I started botting because I feel I’m getting behind with level and stats other players obtaining high amount of money and items without doing anything that’s when I started botting before.

Then they launched a anti bot server heck I track down those bots and reported it and have them banned it’s not an easy job they even hired me as a police my salary is cash shop currency.

As long as it’s illegal I won’t tolerate it. I used bot in RO since gm’s before didnt even bother banning them it’s hard to fight with them in pvp with unli supplies lol.

2 Likes

You mean the legendary “pressing one key in the keyboard” bot. Yeah, that’s not a bot. Putting tape on the Z button apparently is classified as botting. LOL

I know exactly what it feels to chase around those bots and listing them down some name are annoying fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff something like that.

Yeah I definitely respect that.

I was wondering, under a hypothetical situation of a market being flooded with items generated by people who were cheating, would you still buy and use those items?

Macros is a bit touch-and-go though. It becomes problematic to just call all macros illegal. Many gaming mice are sold with macro software to program the specific buttons of that mouse. Next, some people will say that only mouse-related macros are acceptable… which makes no sense, because the programs are barely different from non-proprietary macro programs, making a double-standard for those who buy expensive gaming merchandise.

Also, a number of people with varying disabilities use macros to aid in complex motor tasks. Some people simply can’t use a keyboard the way you or I can.

So where do we draw the line? Are all macro options not allowed? Are some allowed? Are all allowed? Are specific scripts what we limit? Things like this require some pretty clear direction from the developer. I’ve always been a fan of script limitations. The real problem is automation of the gameplay.

I think you already know the answer as long as you’re gaining money or item in game without doing anything with the help of macros that will considered as illegal.

We’re smart enough to know if the macro is ilegal or not.

Well, that’s the kicker: even with all that, I’ve played games with zero tolerance for macros. We live in a strange world. I can live without them. I have lived without them thus far, but a day ago I started thinking about what kind of macro commands would be beneficial during raids and boss fights. There’s a lot of interesting stuff there. Eg: a one-key press to trigger Helm Chopper, then Cleave.

As someone who knows basically nothing about macros, I’d like to get a sense of IMC’s stance before I bothered fiddling with something potentially against their rules. There is nothing about it in the FAQ.

Well for me macros for mouse o keyboards are fine with me yes theybdo have an advantage in pvp etc. But they paid for that mouse and keyboard with that feature I have nothing against that.

But hexing things and when it comes to in game like super high atkspd etc just like in rf where you use a program where you spam your skill super fast then 1 hitting bosses haha now thats is illegal.

In ro hexing the client so you will see all the invi players lol.

1 Like

VAC

Just try it.

1 Like