Tree of Savior Forum

Boosters P2W or not?

I haven’t found the best solution yet. But there is always another way. Join a strong PvE guild or group, party with them, conquear bosses, collect your equipments or probably there are some people who kindly give their unused but quality equipments.
We are actually worried about those people who have both the time and the money, the best abuser of p2w concept.

Join a guild, Join a party what? Obviously the suggestions on this forum are heavily biasedtoward people who has all the time little to no money to contribute to the game.

1 Like

there is no way to stop those that have lots of time and money from getting more out of the game than those who don’t. >_< Good on them I say. You get out what you put in.

Urm… P.S. I have more money than time, I am literally banking on the hope that IMC will have cash systems inplace to help me not be penalised for having a life. But I’m not sure what you are hoping for.

I am just pointing out how all the suggestion here are ridiculously bias toward people with all the time but has nothing to offer for people who work.

3 Likes

Boosters ARENT P2W. They just allow players to get to end-game content faster. As long as every player can get the same things they arent P2W.

Come on, read something about the subject before starting a debate.

Well have you read my stuff?

And what do you suggest anyway?

1 Like

What about those costumes with bonus status? That is also a booster, a permanent booster in fact. I guess that’s not p2w either? :confused:
Oh well, I’m done with this. There won’t be an end for this kind of discussion.
Edit : This is for @chettone not Zombifier. Wrong person to adress.

ofcourse thats not p2w. P2w is like selling the best equipment on the cash shop.

1 Like

Regular cash shop. costume, boosters, upgrade protection, gacha box, etc . Of-course no legendery EQs

1 Like

Yeah. P2Stats is P2W I agree with you. We were talking about boosters. We can discuss other paid options in another topic I guess xD.

Then what’s the difference between costumes with bonus status that is even higher than the in-game equipments and buying strong equipments from the cash shop?
I have played this game called Angel Love Online, Fantasy Saga Online, etc. The costumes in the cash shops are more powerful than the original in-games equipments. Those freaking rich and hardcore players abuse that system, raise their equipments and costumes ranks with upgrade protection to the highest level possible that 1 person can even defeat a whole guild head on in mass PvP.
@chettone No, please don’t. I’ve seen enough p2w threads in this forums already. I don’t want to see another one just to spam and shitposting the forums.

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that we will get a regular cash shop lol.

Can’t see why you are angry still.

Well if the stats is indeed too high of-course its P2W. The problem with you people is that you do not want to give any advantage to people who would cash.

2 Likes

First things first.
When you play a game, as a mature person and a game is free - You play it, you like it, you enjoy it.
When game (mmo) starts getting hard you think -
“Well it’s time to do something, it’s so hard do get next levels.”
Then, You ask your friend from guild/friendlist/randomn00bFromCapital -
“Bro, how can i get 550 level faster, you know, i can play only weekends and you are getting stronger without me.”
“No problem man, well, i’m in school so i have lots of free time, but if you want to you can buy Exp Boost, it will give You +200% Exp for next 6h! Its great! But it cost about 5$.”
You think about it, its not much for You.
“Well, 5$ is not much, last night i spend 60$ for a dinner with my wife and kids. Thanks man, i will give it a try.”

I cant spend so much time in game, i WILL NOT BOT in a game. So i will buy some Premium_Stuff so the game will be easier and i will enjoy it even more!

Devs will get $ for their work.
I will get fun from a game.
I can spend than money on beers, car, drone, any other hobby.
I smoke so i spend lots of money for cigarettes.
If the game is getting harder, and i’m getting tired, i can do something to help myself.

This is a donation model. Micro donations are future of free gaming.
Test it (for free) play it (for free), if you have time you will be good and you will enjoy it OR pay for it just like for any other entertainment (tv, alco, tabaco, drugs, cars, sports etc.)
With a good balance of donation, everyone can have fun with a game.

Bro, do you even lift?
Life is not fair. There is no justice in life.
If you cant afford to pay for a free game, its not Dev’s fault. Its their job, they need to work - and they will not work for free.

[p.s. for my entire life i spend around 50$ for this kind of stuff, and im officially born in 1990 (25 human years - don’t ask for a real age)]

And i’m just sitting here typing instead of flying around in the sky.
I’m a dragon.

1 Like

I’m personally not against boosters. In fact, I find it useful.
I said “someone has explained about boosters being p2w in another thread”, but that’s not me.

Just assume (or pray) that ToS will not be a P2W game then. Don’t care too much about forum paranoia about this topic. I assume that most players here are in favor of F2P model, so being worried about p2w is pretty standar.

Game will be Free to Play, and everyone are paranoid about - what if someone will spend 100€ and will be badass just cuz he got money.

What you guys think about Guild Premium Boosters - Party Exp Bonus for 5 ppl from the same guild? :smiley:

Nope, it won’t be p2w. I trust IMCGames for that. :smile:

1 Like

In IMCGames we Trust.

Why should people that have cash have an advantage over people who have time? It’s a better situation to allow those who dont have time to catch up to those who play alot by paying money and at the same time letting those who have no money be able to get to the same level as people who pay by working hard. That way everyone can play and no one is left out.
If whatever you played before was P2W and you like that way then maybe one of the other country servers will have something like that, but most of the people who will play the international server will want things to be equal opportunity between people as much as possible.