Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

What, exactly, do you mean by “Zombies fall off before Rank 7?”

Please grant me some wisdom a few posts earlier :slight_smile:

Hey @Sixaxis, it’s @welgaia from iCBT (rip old account). I’ve been out of this since beta, halp pls.

I’m going Cleric > Krivis > Bokor3 > ? > Plague Doctor. Currently at lv68, shame on me I know.

1. Any recommendations to fill that r6? Is Pardoner ok for the fat Daino scroll monies? Or should I stick with Cleric2?
  2. Current stat distribution is 1:3:1 CON:INT:SPR, what’s a good number to stop SPR at?
  3. I need a Krausas Mace :cry:

I don’t know the drop chance, but I got a Krausas mace after farming for 10 min. You should get one too, it’s worth it.

I’m a lvl 80 INT Bokor and am going Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C3 atm, I was wondering would it be better to continue with Cleric>PD or Krivis>PD? I would like to be able to primary support in dungeons if needed so is it a good idea to take Cleric C2? Also I was wondering how Druid C1 and C2 compares to Cleric/Krivis at Rank 6 and PD at Rank 7. What are the pros and cons of taking Druid? And is it worth it to take it at only Rank 6?

For items, I was wondering if I should be taking Arde Dagger+something else or is it better to keep Krausas Mace? And how much do I need to keep Cafrisun set? Sorry for all the questions!

Edit: Also how high should I be leveling Hexing?

Sorry for the late responses; had to take focus from game for a bit. Your individual responses start at the @name, and end at the horizontal-line cut-off. I’ll probably start working on the Bokor thread so this info can be placed into the first post instead of scattered through 100 different posts here.

@Entoma:

I’m glad I could help, Arachna-maid. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nah, Zombies don’t need AoE attack ratio in mid or end-game; it serves no noticeable benefit. That skill stays at ‘1’ until they buff it to be more worthwhile. That 1 point is better off spent in your other skills.

On normal Monsters, no. It can be on Bosses under the following conditions:

• Plate and/or Earth properties
  • Deprotected Zone and/or Monstrance debuffing the Boss
  • Decent ping, so that your Skulls are thrown at a constant rate
  • Use of Mackangdal and/or Revive and/or Revenged Sevenfold(?) to prevent the Skulls from quickly dying by Boss AoE
    (?) - Revenged 7x has yet to be tested on Tet Skulls, but even if it does work, do not rely or build towards it because there’s a high chance it would be nerf’d.

With enough skulls thrown onto them under those conditions, the DPS from them is good and the Boss may even be locked in one spot (Poor mechanics). Either way, it’s 1 point and it’s original purpose is to direct Zombies, so it doesn’t hurt to get it.

This depends on the points in your other skills. But generally speaking, 9 (13 Zombies including Attribute) with Damballa at 5 is perfectly fine on Bosses. I usually had no prob having that many alive to use Damballa with, especially in dungeons with party members who would actually listen to me when I nicely asked to lure the mobs to the Zombify circle. ):<

I’d have videos here to show this if I didn’t put playing games on hold since last week. Now I gotta play catch-up.

It has the chance of summoning another Zombie in place of a Zombie that was destroyed by Damballa (Since Damballa does damage to both the Zombies it triggers and the nearby enemies). The chance of summoning a replacement Zombie is decent even without the Extra Chance Attribute, and I’d actually recommend against getting that Attribute because it increases the cooldown of the skill for only a +10% chance. There is a LOW chance of generating 2 Zombies in place of 1, but… it’s low. So you won’t really be getting cap Zombies summoned from Damballa if you started with less than 15 to begin with.

10 is what I’d consider ‘enough’, but I currently stopped at 5. I’m testing a Priest-C2/Bokor-C3/Kabbalist build though, so my personal Hexing points in my weird build is invalid. :c

That’s up to you; neither choice is bad. If you want a personal opinion though, Meme Doctor since it outranks Druid overall. More than likely still will even if it gets a nerf.

As for your build:

• Cleric C1

• No Deprotected Zone? Place 1 point into that if you’re including SPR into your stat build.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai doesn’t need to be at Lvl 5; just Lvl 3 max so you can grab the ‘Zalciai: Enhance’ attribute. Put those free 2 points you just got into Daino or 1 into Aukuras and 1 into Daino.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• That Ogouveve at 2 must go! Remove 1 point from Ogouveve, and place it into Hexing. Pls.

@Nirimetus

OP is dead. This is our house now.

As for your build:

• Cleric C1

• That 3 in Deprotected Zone seems a bit excessive. I know you did that for the Attribute, but I’m not so sure about trading off 2 points into Cure just for that. I’d advise moving those back into Cure.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai has an extra point into it past the Lvl 3 “Enhance” Attribute, which is as far as it needs to go. Take 1 point away from it and place that into Daino.

• Krivis C2

• This is fine.

• Krivis C3

• Zalciai has an extra point in it again; remove that extra point and place it into Divine Stigma (Because there’s nothing better to do with it other than Daino again).

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Pandemic or Bloodletting since Beak Mask is out-ranked by both of those skills PvE-wise. If you want it for the Mask look, then it’s fine to leave it.

As for your stats, they’re fine. \o/

@Xelqypla

It’s for making your transition to Rank 7 easier. Putting more points into it than that for a focused-DPS is unnecessary, and you’ll be chugging SP Pots for Effigy spamming anyway.

@dudu_carvalho

Building competitively for both PvE and PvP content usually results in neither of them being optimum, but no one wants to level 2 characters to Rank 7 max ClassLvl, right? So as for choosing between your 4 builds, it comes down to your choice of Build 3 and 4. I’d personally go for Build 4.

Enjoy the game. \o/ I’ll probably summon you and everyone else back after the current major issues are fixed, so we can petition for our Archer Zombie.

@torris222:

That’s up to you, but since you didn’t go Plague Doctor, I’d advise grabbing Cleric C2 instead.

The Kabbalist choice is fine, but I wouldn’t recommend going Oracle just for Arcane Energy. If you’re interested in its other skills then okay, but Arcane isn’t all that impressive and definitely not worthy of using up an entire Rank for.

As for your build (Gorgon Gaze #1):

• Cleric C1

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai doesn’t need to be past lvl 3 because of its poor scaling beyond that point. It only needs to be Lvl 3 max for the Zalciai: Enhance Attribute.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• This is fine.

• Kabbalist

• This is fine (They seriously need to buff those other 3 skills to do AoE de-leveling).

As for your second build, the whole thing is okay except for Bokor C1-C2 having 0 points in all the skills and all of them being used at C3. Just copy the point layout from your Gorgon Gaze #1 build over to this one to match it.

@azuredream.ru

Welcome to the cul-- family!

As for your stats, you’re only Lvl 24, and even if you only play for 1 hour a day, you can easily make that up by doing Quests from both Klaipeda and Orsha (Grab the teleport scroll to the opposite Town Zone at the Merchant NPC). If you want a Physical build that includes Bokor C2, then make sure you grab Monk or Paladin also. Playing with only Bwa Kayiman is very… boring.

I don’t wanna give out a stat-ratio recommendation for a build I haven’t played, but I can recommend this post and the posts underneath it for info instead:

To grab C3 for Monk or Paladin, you’d have to sacrifice Plague Doc or Kabbalist at Rank 7. Otherwise, your Monk/Pala addition would only be Circle 2 in which case I’d recommend Monk over Paladin. If you were going for Circle 3, they would be sliiightly tied, because of Paladin gaining Barrier and the Smite+Conviction combo. The best choice is an informed one, but unfortunately no one’s made a detailed guide on Monk yet. Only Paladin:

If you’re going to C3 with one though, then you should go with the one you personally like the most.

@saigyouji

[quote=“saigyouji, post:96, topic:168367”]
Hey @Sixaxis, it’s @welgaia from iCBT (rip old account). I’ve been out of this since beta, halp pls.[/quote]
Bokor Buddy. \o/ Welcome back.

[quote]I’m going Cleric > Krivis > Bokor3 > ? > Plague Doctor. Currently at lv68, shame on me I know. Any recommendations to fill that r6? Is Pardoner ok for the fat Daino scroll monies? Or should I stick with Cleric2? Current stat distribution is 1:3:1 CON:INT:SPR, what’s a good number to stop SPR at?
I need a Krausas Mace :cry:[/quote]
I haven’t leveled once in the past 5 days, so the shame’s shared.

Yeah, Pardoner is fine (Mainly because of Discerning Evil; Daino scrolls is a side-benefit). Your Stat distribution is fine, and I personally stopped SPR in the 70’s. You can choose where to stop CON at as long as it doesn’t past the 20% threshold.

And you might as well give in and buy the Krausas Mace. I farmed for 3 hours and didn’t get one back in CBT so I knew ahead of time to camp the Auction House for one. Either grab one before the F2P release or stay screwed 5ever. :c

@kiyoshi55555

• For the Cleric>PD / Krivis>PD question, since you want to support a bit in dungeons also then you should opt on grabbing Cleric C2; it’s much more useful thanks to the Safety Zone C2 Attribute and obvious Heal Tile increases.

• Druid C2 isn’t a bad choice, but there’s not many useful Summons at the moment so the only real benefit is the Carnivory boost and Sterea Trofh shield. So if that’s what you’re fine with, then go for it, otherwise you should consider opt’ing out for the usual PD. And yes, you could grab only 1 Circle of it for Carnivory and if the class interests you.

As for items, keep the Krausas mace up 'till 170 (I’ve seen people use it after that, since Effigy being your main DPS skill will keep it viable). You can drop that Cafrisun set once you’re no longer reliant on auto-attacks.

No higher than Lvl 10.

@Sixaxis
Thanks for the response, i did reset my skills yesterday and already spent points in it, i will probably reset again, this is the modifications i did based on your feedback, note that i am already at Bokor C1 (R5), i might keep Zombify lower than currently (Lv. 2 > Lv. 1) and increase Hexing level for Effigy spam (wish they add a rapid fire function for controller, keeping pressing the button is a pain lol).

Current Bokor skills:

I will eventually reach the point on the build page, but i do sense a need of more damage dealing for this char since it is inviable for dungeon (lack good healing).

Again, thank you for your time.

Edit: forgot to add the build with notifications.

No prob. \o/ And, your entire build is fine, although I do think you should take Bokor C1 earlier so you have a skill to DPS with other than Zaibas.

Yeah, the problem is, it is from other build, so i ended up changing to bokor after hitting Krivis C3, i may make other char later this year so i will do it properly.

Thank you, Sixaxis. I like the gimmick-y skills from oracle too, so I’m thinking I’ll go for the c2 cleric build. Thanks again!

@Sixaxis Thanks again, man! You’re da man. Just one question, for my Build 4, for rank 6, is any class better there other than Pardoner to put there in its place? It seems such a waste taking the class just for DE and Magic Defense boost, but not being able to make use of Simny T_T. Druid 1, or any other choice, what would be better?

Druid 1 is pretty much your only other choice to swap out Pardoner with and not lose too much. Krivis C1 that late in Ranks won’t do much for you in comparison to just Pardoner’s Discerning Evil alone, and Cleric C3 is… well, Cleric C3.

If you’re not to happy with Druid 1 either, then you might as well opt for a ‘fun’ Rank, where you choose whatever you want regardless of optimization. You lose DPS, but you gain the most valuable thing of all: Enjoyment. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Nah but really, Pardoner or Druid or Oracle in that order)

I’ll probably end up getting Druid, since Carnivory can help in the DPS, Chrosmata can count as a debuff (?), and telepath has it’s pvp uses.

Thanks again, you are a serious helper, I’m glad. And you seem to be one of the few people who seems to not condone zombies and Damballa. Everyone else just trash at them all the time

@Sixaxis Is this a Bokor self-help thread? Count me in pls I want to be a part of the hipster club that is unloved bokor

i’m currently cleric>krivis>krivis>bokor, aiming on going bokor>druid>druid. I know PD is apparently lelzgood but how good is it? I wanted to go druid for the Carnivory goodness (and druid transform looks fun!) but how much deeps does the PD put out? I don’t know much about it other than STOP ALL THE AILMENTS. If PD has TheDeeps.jpg then I might switch druid to PD but druid still looks super fun.

By the way, in my curent build I’m only hexing/effigy, I was sad to find that having hexing 4 doesn’t acutally hex 4 targets. The first time I went into a dungeon as bokor I felt really helpless and I didn’t know what to do, the only thing I can do is zaibas since killing 1 monster with effigy takes half of my mana. Then in Bokor 2 I was gonna get samediveve and mackangdal.

I feel like I should put the point I was going to use for hexing 5 into zombies , just to feel vaguely useful in a party. But I heard that zomboids still eat heal tiles and they still suck ass. What do?

Sixaxis, thanks for reply!
The problem is, I wanted to go c3 Bokor, but with this I am limited to c2 of Paladin or Monk. Paladin is nice, but much more useful on c3, and I am slightly put off by monks, so dont want to go monk, lol. PD or Druid would be fine, but afaik, they scale with INT… Or maybe I shouldn’t go Bokor c3, but Damballa is super nice, and buffs for zombies, and so on… So I’m still facing dilemma for now.

Hey guys,

I have a question too. I’m currently cleric>krivis>krivis>bokor.

I am planning to go bokor C2 and PD at the end. However, the 6th circle i am torn between Bokor C3 and Druid C1. Can anyone enlighten me on which is a better choice for C6?

Cheers!

T-Thank you, goshujin-sama.

1. I see. I could see the +2 AoE attack ratio somewhat a good thing, but I guess nope. +1 should be enough anyway.

2. I figured so. I didn’t know about that Revenged Sevenfold, it will be hilarious if it works on pets. But for that purpose I guess I could also use zombies themselves. So, the skulls end up doing damage over time as long as they are still there (duration/not broken)?

3. Yeah, it seems like the hotspot. I’m planning to grind those Pawnds for the gem (never tired of Gilt Helms anyway) someday, so 14 zombies cap should be enough.

3.5) I see. So Damballa keeps exploding as long as there are zombies alive in the area of effect? I thought it was an instant effect once it detonated. I guess I’ll try to find a video of it in kToS/iToS.

1. So Hexing should be kept as high as I can. If I plan to take Meme Doctor I don’t need to have 10 Hexing as long as I can spread it with Pandemic, correct?

2. I guess I may end up with Druid C1 for a “weak” Carnivory and Meme Doctor for Incineration/Hexing spread.

About the build…

No SPR in the build at all. So my Deprotected Zone would feel awkward. In the high levels it wouldn’t make a difference, so I just kept it at 0.

About Zalciai, yeah, I messed up. I’ve created my Bokor and leveled it up to 50 a while ago and stopped playing with her because… I dunno.

About Ogouveve, yeah. Will do.

And oh, now that I’m really planning to go Meme Doctor, should I skip Healing Factor in order to maximize Pandemic? Or are 13 new targets an overkill for Hexing 5? Currently I’m putting HF 0, Inc 5, Memeletting 3, Fumigate 1, Pandemic 5 and Mask 1 (muh looks).

Thanks for everything~

@froz3n_mage
If you are focusing on zombies, Bokor C3 surely. Damballa too stronk. Having more points in Effigy/Samediveve/Hexing is also good.

I have a similar build like yours, with no zombies. Going Cleric>Kriv>Kriv>Bokor> Bokor>Druid> PD or Druid?

I read somewhere that its always better to pick the higher rank class. Ie PD has better skills than Druid?. Not too sure if that is true though.

If they open up rank 8, than I would go PD first than take my second rank Druid after PD.

How much SPR do you have? I have 50 in SPR right now. While effigy still burn my mana out quite a bit (not half though), the recovery rate for mana is pretty fast at 50 SPR. I am lvl 111 right now, and I do 800-1k dmg per effigy hit for mobs around my level range.

Rude… Le glare

1 Like

Yeah I also have 50 spr, I pump the rest into int and some con. Just feels like a waste to use all that sp to do the same dmg that a swordsman can do in 3 hits.

I’m not sure how strong PD actually is, if Incinerate is good I might pick r7 PD over druid, or if using Pandemic to spread hexing around is actually good in use and not just in theory. Otherwise PD is too supporty for me and I just want to wreck face, not cure people’s conditions.

I did find out why I always feel weak though, cuz I don’t have anything to attack singular monsters… no auto attack, using hexing/effigy to defeat low hp mobs with an 8s cd is like cutting off your arm to stop a cut from bleeding, same with zaibas and cure’s cd is ridiculously long (for something that gets interrupted by a monster poking me half of the time, anyway). I don’t know if this will ever get rectified though. Having no way to farm very well kinda sucks, because I have to wait 8 seconds to kill something, which is a long time when an autoattacking person can just go monster to monster without having to worry about any CD.