Tree of Savior Forum

Big Quarrel Shooter passive nerf in the new R10 update?

Shield mastery attribute only triggered by missile attack.
So don’t worry about it.

Shield mastery effect will also show in F1 window.
You can check the phy atk in my status. it’s 819.

You are actually right i legit forgot it was applied only by missile. Strange tbh, i’ll check it in game again, it has always been like this for you?

Edit: I’ve tested it on some monsters and i’m doing 480 damage with around 400 attack, the point is that if 25% of their defense was added to my attack i would do less than 200 damage.
This could mean that it isn’t giving you “attack” but a flat damage based on their defense as bonus damage. Just a guess, it shouldn’t behave like this in any case and it wasn’t the case for me until you made me notice.

1 Like

Ya, this attribute’s is extremely strange.
And it have stand for a very long time.

Previously, we didn’t have extremely high def target so it’s not a big problem.
Just behave like we don’t have this attribute since it work poor with low def target.

Until the challenge mode and Velcoffer release, this strange behavior become a big problem.
Everyone can easily do 10k damage per hit with crossbow equipted.
That’s why QS3 Bullet and SR doing good with Velcoffer.

So I will expect the one-hand-bow Mastery change in R10 release is a “fix” instead of “nerf”.
If this attribute do ignore the def, than 25% is too much indeed, 10% is a little low but acceptable.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s broken.

Testing with low lvl weapons for a total patk of ~330.
Bow basic attacks: ~32 damage
Xbow basic attacks: ~466 damage
Kindron Weilder: 1752 pdef (25% = 438)

1 Like

Very interesting… So this leads me…

In another thread there is a very heated argument about the SR nerf… With a person disputing that SR is nerfed unnecessarily while another one is saying otherwise by showing how high he ranks in the new Bernice Dungeon as an SR… So could it be that with latest patches (and getting mobs with higher defense values), this bug has given him, and others, a huge dmg boost which is soon going to be fixed? I am just curious as I am interested with Archer stuff thanks guys

Edit: because if I understood it right, right now the QS attribute ignore defense ADDS dmg depending on how high the defense of the target is. I dont know with you guys but that sounds like a significant issue right there

It’s all archers. It’s their “One-handed Bow Mastery: Ignore Defense” attribute which is supposed to ignore 5% of defense per level (for a total of 25%).
It might have worked back in the day when we had that braindead def - atk = damage formula, but then we got the log formula and IMC probably forgot to adjust this attribute. And nobody cared or noticed. IMC obviously wouldn’t give a damn about such things, mikeee reported this issue back in September 2017.

Now they are nerfing this to 2% per attribute but no word about actually fixing anything. Do they still believe that it is working as intended and are simply going to change the values from 25% to 10%?

You are right.
No matter they decide to fix this attribute or keep it’s behavior and just nerf it to 10%.
They should say something about it.

So this miscalculation is applied to all archers or is it just for crossbow wielding classes (BM and SRs)? I am confused as to why is it applied to a 2H bow user…? Or is it included as the error?

Is it also currently applied to 2H bow users even if you only have the attribute?

An empty hand counts as a crossbow, it’s applicable to all archers that are not using a musket or bow.
I guess most didnt notice until now since no one was doing calcs into challenge mode 6 and 7 lmao.

1 Like

4 graphs (because everyone loves graphs) of damage in relation to defense for 4 different situations:

black: current one
blue: hypothetical current one (if it really ignored 25% of enemies’ defense)
red: current implementation assuming reduction of attribute to 10%
green: hypothetical graph if they make 10% a true “ignore def”

Note: graphs do not count possible skill factors that may skew the result and account for AA only with an assumption of 10k pATK.

Edit: same graphs with the assumption of 1000% skill factor (10x multiplier)

It only apply to some skills that used with crossbow.
As I known, it will apply to running shot, Limacon, all bullet maker’s skill.

And not apply to Retreat Shot, multi shot, trap and hackapell’s skill.

does it work on wugu poison? Pot+crescendo bane is 4 hits per seconds. That’s 100% of enemies’ defence per second

Just go in game and test it lvl1 bow and then with empty hands.

If this is the case, then this upcoming fix will significantly reduce dps of both BM and SRs in particular (considering that it doesn’t affect, say, 2H bow wielders like me as a Mergen) since the attribute bug is only adding this broken calculation for any build wielding two weapons, Mergens and Musketeers excluded.

Amirite this time :’(

I tested limacon…
The increase in dps seems in line with the 25% physical defence debuff attribute
However this was done on a narvas temple elite mob

Will try to get the numbers at velcoffer nest soon

Edit : With the upcoming changes xbow mastery attribute will not apply to gun skills , is this what the upcoming patch does ?

If it applied to Limacon as you stated… Then the bug doesn’t necessarily just applies to attacks or skills that will use your equipped xbow but as long as you have an xbow, all skills and attacks created will have the bugged +25% dmg based on the enemies def.

If this is true, wow this is a huge bug. This will surely dent dps for SR and BM builds

1 Like

Tested on poisons now and it only applies to the hit applying the poison, all the other hits are not affected.

I am baffled by this. This is something HUGE of a bug in the archer tree. So for the longest time being, every archer class that does not use a two handed weapon, has this attribute, has been dealing an extra +25% dmg since the change in the damage log formula…

It looks like it is being applied as an additional damage, so like, im getting a 300-400 bonus damage on 70-80k limacon crits.
You can really notice this only in ch6-7 and velcoffer tbh.