Tree of Savior Forum

Best builds so far?

Do you have any comments about fencer-matador? I tried a little bit and seems like barbarian will go well with them.

What do you think about hop-cata-lancer? And highlander in general?

1 Like

The god of farming PELT-BARB-DOPPLE , 1 hand sword and shield, cheap build high rewards

2 Likes

i see, thanks for the insight, i am indeed new to the game and doesn’t know much about it.

i wanted to ask, is hoplite worth it just for the spear lunge debuff and finestra? i know it synergies well with retiari with all the piercing damage skill, but taking a class just for 2 skills for me just seems wasted unless the 2 skills is really essential. (i never played hoplite so i didnt know much)

But 80% of Dopp skills require a two-handed sword :3

I’ve been testing that build for pvp. Mine is something like this
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ydg4rwfm

murmillo just got nerfed to death in KR

the -50% phy dmg while wearing the helm, it got deleted…

yep REMOVED:D

It’s a shame, but it’s justified. 50% damage reduction is just way too stupidly powerful.

What I’d like to see, however, would be more defensive skills for the swordmen tree overall… Like finestra’s old block increase, something for Rodeleros or Dragoons, even if it’s a small boost like +15% pdef. Maybe even Barbarian’s old Wild Nature for regenerating HP quickly.

Swordman right now feels like either go Pelta full tank or go full DPS (some with shield, some with 2h sword/spear). Two extremes too far apart.

1 Like

I think its just double deed+cyclone>run to next group of mobs and repeat. kinda same as thaumalinker build without thauma double drop.

Now I hesitate between Hoplite/Barbarian/Retiarius or Hoplite/Dopel/Retiarius
Suggest me which one should choose plz

Murm was way to tanky ^^
In PvP was a Pelt+murm build that takes the dmg from 2 T10 full velc gear guys for like 5 minutes before he died xD

I would love to try it out :slight_smile:

Any suggestions for class set up after this nerf or do you think still take murm?

hi was thinking of taking swordsmen and saw a video of cata can you give me the skill distribution for the Hoplite/Cata/Lancer

I’ll have to see how it goes before saying anything, but i’m not really pleased with the changes because, although nerfing Cassis Crista was needed, they’ve done it poorly.

Having a 50% physical damage reduction was definitely too much on PvP? Yes, since they already have a 80% reduction in every kind of damage and that extra made it survive for ridiculous ammounts of time. But was that change really needed in PvM? It’s not like the Swordsman’s classes have many survivability options other than just taking Petalsta and sacrificing a lot of damage.

If they intended to nerf it anyway, couldn’t they just reduce its value to like, 20% first? I’m not even mad at the changes, i’m mad about how they are coming through.

Meanwhile, Petalsta is a must pick for any PvP build and Barbarian is an almost sure pick at any PvE build, Dragoon has an insane mana cost and Hackapell is absolutely unplayable.

Why loose dmg with Peltasta?
You looste str but str is useless.

The only good stat for Swordman is Con and you get a lot from Peltasta!

The loss is not from missing attribute points, it’s from Petalsta skillset. It is not meant to do high damage, as it isnt very impressive in dealing high modifiers, having a great AoE range or dealing with high armored foes. You become incredibly tanky, but don’t get too much on the offensive side. It’s not like it doesn’t do damage, what i’m saying is comparing Petalsta with a DPS oriented class is absurd.

Why is Hacka unplayable? Because its not wearing a crossbow in mainhand?

Dragoon requires a different playstyle than before when helmet was on all the time. True, its very different from Murm’s helmet, but thats what makes it unique. You have to put on the dragon helm before your best combo than take if off, it can be annoying, especially in a system where most of the buffing skills have a duration of 300 second.

Because Hackapell lacks sinergy with other swordsman’s circles.

You can play Dragoon normally activating and deactivating helmet when needed and spending more SP potions, yes, but i don’t really think it makes sense. You said it yourself, it’s not bad to play, it’s just annoying to manage the buff while every other core buff can be kept and is just as good. It’s a downside that was made just for the sake of it, with no apparent reason and doesn’t feels good.

I’m using something like this right now. You can take points from Crush and add them to other skills if you want and max initiate if you want to PVP. Barb can’t take more skills cause they don’t work mounted.
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yb4w43rg

Depending if you want to pvp you can max Rhongomiant and Initiate or give those points to other damage skills.
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y8xbdt6u