Tree of Savior Forum

Best builds so far?

Hey do you mind using:

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?build=eyJqb2JzIjpbIkNoYXIxXzEiXSwic2tpbGxzIjp7fSwic3RhdHMiOnsiQ09OIjowLCJERVgiOjAsIklOVCI6MCwiU1BSIjowLCJTVFIiOjB9LCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjoyfQ%3D%3D

I’m super interested in your build but not sure how many points to put where. Which order would you get the classes in?

2 Likes

I think you need read Cassis Crista description again.
https://tos.guru/itos/database/skills/11301

1 Like

He probably meant Murmillo.

1 Like

No, It’s exactly what I meant.

Description is misleading. Cassis Crista boosts all skills that can use a shield as main weapon (through attribute) and it also includes Headbutt and Frenzied Slash.

Here are some screenshots, took off my weapon so damage wouldn’t fluctuate.

Does NOT work for:

Cleave

Imgur

Imgur

Pouncing

Imgur

Imgur

Seism

Imgur

Imgur

Shooting Star

Imgur

Imgur

Works for:

Targe Smash

Imgur

Imgur

Shield Push

Imgur

Imgur

Shield Bash

Imgur

Imgur

Headbutt (Headbutt gets +100% increase)

Imgur

Imgur

Shield Train

Imgur

Imgur

Frenzied Slash (also gets a 50% boost, but it's hard to demonstrate because the skill itself requires the helm to use)
4 Likes

Yeah, i just check it on ktos version of tos.guru. Sorry for misunderstanding.

1 Like

Sorry, can’t see your build. You have to click “Share URL” to share it.

This is what I use, but you can trade Frenzied Slash for Sprint if you’d like (too many offensive skills in the build already). In the case you ditch Rodelero for Peltasta for a tanky build, I would not recommend taking Sprint, however, as you have much fewer offensive skills.

Overall, I think Peltasta is slightly overkill for PvM. You already get plenty of dmg reduction from Cassis Crista and using a shield means good enough physical defense. My point is: of course Peltastas are immortal, but trading it for Rodelero means you’ll still have good survivability with better damage. If you’re looking into PvP, Peltasta may seem essential, though.

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y8f2nsf6

1 Like

that’s quite a typo by IMC if I’ve ever seen one XD

1 Like

Oh sorry I was not linking a build I was asking if you could link your build so I could see where you put your points and which order you get the classes in.

1 Like

So you suggested order for your build to be: Swordsman -> Rodelero -> Murmillo -> Barbarian?

1 Like

Hmm I think if you’re lower lvl, like around 200, you should pick Rodel -> Barb -> Murmi

The reason for that is because:

You need to take Rodelero first because you need to get damage skills asap.

Barbarian second because you need high class lvl to get Frenzy and Pouncing (which are both great skills).

Murmi last because you get that class’ best dmg boost at class lvl 1 already (Cassis Crista). Murmi’s last skill is also the worst among the three classes. Emperor’s bane is weak and won’t be missed while leveling. So it’s not a priority.

2 Likes

Ok awesome thank you for the reply. Ill do that then. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what weapon is the best for this build? 1h sword or 1h spear?

1 Like

Hello, I’ve heard Hoplite/Cata/Lancer is popular in ktos, do you have any skill builds that you can share for it?

1 Like

After some tests I’ve decided to drop Cata and add Barbarian. Cata damage and buffs are meh, meanwhile Barb is such an amazing class that fits any build. Frenzy+Warcry alone are better that the whole Cata skillset. If you want I can give you that build.

1 Like

1h Sword is slightly better because with it you can use the swordman attribute that gives 20% of your weapon patk as pdef. It’s not much but if you have 10k+ patk on your weapon you’ll get 2k+ pdef. 1h Spear won’t be giving you any advantage as in Re:Build 1h spears and 1h swords have the same patk again.

I use a 1h Spear only due to the fact I have other characters (i.e. Reiti) that I share the same weapon with.

Hi can you help me with a build for Peltasta/Murmillo/Retiarius PVP. Thanks

Are there any effective 2h spear builds out there yet? I wonder if i can manage them or if they are at most, subpar. This game allows most builds to work to some extent, but we all know that there is a big gap between them.

I like this one. I’m gonna do it

Im a lvl 270 Barbarian-Retiari, and while the damage is nice and all, i feel too squishy.

Im considering taking peltasta next and using shield since auto swap weapon helps the dagger skill of retiari, but im not sure, is it a good choice?

Taking or not Peltasta is a hard decision. Taking it means you’ll have little problems with survivability anymore, but later on in the game all that extra defence becomes somewhat redundant when swordmen already have pretty high pdef and hp modifiers.

I’d say Peltasta is good for two groups of people: new players who can’t afford good armors and shield and veteran players who want to be full-time tankers on field bosses and hard instances. On both cases, picking Peltasta also means dealing below average dps, regardless of your build.

In my opinion, picking Peltasta because you feel squishy at lvl 270 sounds naive. It’s like killing an ant with a cannon, but having to reload the cannon when another ant comes by. What I mean is this: if you pick Peltasta, you’ll surely feel super tanky at lvl 270, but as you progress in the game, get max lvl and start getting good gears, you’ll start realizing all the tankiness from Peltasta becomes unecessary and when it comes to contents where a tanker isn’t helpful at all, like Challenge Mode, you’ll feel mostly useless.

Of course, if you want a quick solution, you can pick Peltasta then change classes later on in the game. However, I’d suggest you just improving your armors (especially your shield) and pick another class instead.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but Peltasta is also useful for PvP players.

1 Like