Tree of Savior Forum

Beauty Shop removes all past hair colors

I tried doing a makeover in my character and after purchasing the new hairstyle and hair color of my character, all my past hair color were deleted (the ones from defeating hanamings, crafting 100 items, etc.)

Was this intentional? or a bug? Would like to hear the explanation behind this. I hope IMC will clear this issue.

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Yuri

1 Like

I just checked mine too, yeah everythingā€™s gone lol. I would assume it takes priority over your old hairstyles and once you remove the new hairstyle your old dyes come back. Probably coded this way to prevent some weird interactions or something if you were to try to switch your dyes on a beauty shop hairstyle with the old system dyes.

2 Likes

Yes this.
They are all back while you use a old Hair(Wig).

3 Likes

My hair colors come back when I wear an old wigā€¦ but I think we should receive a char-bound default wig just in case the player does not have any wigs available

5 Likes

that isnā€™t just sadā€¦

Itā€™s TERRIFYING :scream:

1 Like

No way Iā€™m buy hairstyles now :tipping_hand_man:

i think itā€™s because the new hair canā€™t be applied with the old dyes ā€˜wā€™;

which i didnā€™t mind since my original hair is terrible anyway

this also makes it that people would buy their old original hair

puts more value to it than just hearing people say ā€œeh, but that hair is free when you create a new characterā€

2 Likes

I see.

Kinda sad you cant use your old dyes with the new hair. But Iā€™m glad to know that it works with the old wigs.

Thanks for the info!

so You cant use PREMIUM hair color with dyes obtained by playing? thats awful my 500 hanamings on most characters pink, white, blue dye unlock just to be stuck with basic color, no thanks :slight_smile:

he new haircuts come with their own colorā€¦

like vomit pink and ice-scream man

yay, I just fell into this trap with the new free hairstyle coupon, now Iā€™m stuck with the mint green and light pink colour unless I charge some TP (trap points) to not look as if Iā€™m the other way around ingameā€¦

1 Like

Yep, fell in the same trap with free hair coupon. Thatā€™s what you get when you donā€™t do some research. > >

1 Like

Yup, this also has happened to me todayā€¦ another reason to leave this buggy mess of a game

1 Like

It is not a bug, it is an ā€œintendedā€ mechanic/restrictionā€¦

If you want reasons to leave this is the dumbest of ones, please pick another :confused:

Indeed! Even knowing, as soon as you forget something you are prone to get screw up by an oversight :frowning:

2 Likes

Well I still used the free coupon to get a haircut on one of my waifus. The vanilla/strawberry italian ice cream one was fitting well with the vanilla/strawberry Onmyoji costume. :haha:

1 Like

Yeah its pretty silly. Logic says youd be able to use the achievement dyes since its a hairstyle, not a wig.

:tired:

It has always been like that but yeah itā€™s ridiculous.

It would definitely make more sense if premium hairstyles were wigs as wellā€¦rather than overwriting your default hairstyle with no way to switch back without a wig lol