Tree of Savior Forum

Barbarian>Doppel and Rank 8 Swordsman

Keep in mind that stats from gear don’t gain rank bonus. Everything else I can agree with.

i put a green gem in my manamana (which translates for about 70 crit rate just from that) with all the gear you mentioned plus crit rate head gear i managed to get to 400 crit rate.
i really don’t see why would someone build str and just keep adding flat physical damage gear instead of scaling it with some crit rate. even on a swordsman.

Two hand sword only got 2 sockets
current Two hand sword that have 3 sockets have low Phy attack
Waiting for venier twin blade
Also Green gem that put in subweapon give more crit rate rather put in main weapon.

Hmm how the calculation about 30% str damage for swordsman ?
Have any idea ?
i don’t know how the calculation of this update

@ hex.ro, thank you so much. I just got the same problem and i couldn’t decide what build i should make. I’m thinking about sword 1>highlander 3>barb 1>doppel 2 or sword 1>highlander 1>barb 3>doppel 2. what is your final answer?

1 Like

I’m leveling a Sword>Highlander 3>Barb 1>Doppel 2
100con and all others points in str

How about gear ? Looking for Attack or crit rate ?
i think i can get 20% crit from gear

another reason go full str if build Highlander > fencer
Cross guard > not only give 60% - 100% on pierce attack it’s also make pierce attack hit double Like Savagery from barbarian
Since Evasion calculate 1st than block, it’s mean you’ll never proc the debuff cause you’ll evade almost enemy attack if going high dex
also since crit rate is a chance, so there are sometimes you won’t crit and you’ll lose alot damage

Gear would be the basic one who focus on critical rate and attk, since it boost dov as well, the thing is, the current set on the game gives more critical rate than it would give “raw” attack, so by using it it would give more damage in all builds.

now for me the real reason to go str is because each class have their tooltip to boost damage, DOPPEL is DOV and because of that STR, Dragoon is flat % value , (spear lunge-the new serpentine buff) and fencer is the new stance from rank3 and because of that DEX.
savagery does not exist anymore and the stagger block right now that gives this extra damage it does not make double and add extra 60%-100% for pierce alone i believe .
but cross guard allow doppel to BLOCK and you do not even start to imagine of how good this is later on even more because you will be str, and even when you are simple lving, if you combo it with the quests that allow perma aggor on mobs, you will be like a half swash 100% of the time.

It’s work like savagery
It’s hit twice with pierce attacks ( tested with thrust )
and each attack give extra Concentrate too
idk the concentrate just visual like seism fake multihit or not because the bonus from cross guard is random

i must say that i have not use a stagger debuff with a pierce skill from a long time, since the only highlander i have right now is doppel.
but it seems that by what you have said they could have changed the effect but i have not read anything about it. , but to be clear you are saying that the stagger effect would make the damage double(extra 100%) plus a extra 50%-100%? if it is so, could you please do a video so we can analyze it? and please do not forget to check if the attribute for pierce “Thrust: Continuous Attack” is on, because it would make a extra hit, so you may have “active” the attribute and by that it would make one "extra " hit like you have said.

It’s like this
1st hit your normal damage 100%
2nd hit is random from 60% -100%
yeah no attribute from thrust

*Sometimes not even 60%
40% - 100% maybe

yes, then it is working like it always have been.
when you said two hits, i was thinking two hit with the bonus so it would be 120%-200%, but if is working like you said now it is normal.

Some insight for sw>hl>barb3>dopp 2 with high str build.

Atm im playin ToS INA, sw>high3>barb1>dopp 2 with high dex build.

My current lv are 267. Here my stats with gungho + 10 stack DoV

He not even stacking his DOV
You in other hand use lapasape mushroom

each build has its own pros and cons. he’s already lv 280 with lv 60 attribute on cyclone, i only got lv 50 attribute.

nope i see your normal attack 1st

Cyclone with your build and his
Without attribute i can say your damage will out damage his
about 370 ( without your +crit attack ) since your crit rate 589
You’ll out damage him for 959 attack each cyclone
With attribute and slash debuff the different will go further

*but wait his max damage 2.893 from frenzy and warcry or not ?
I believe not

the most important are skull swing, it proves great at late game (armor break = 0pdef).

yeah his max damage arouhd 2600~2800, idk it with or w/o frenzy+warcry.
but i rely on crit, ((patk+skill)+50% +CATK) that was the simple calc, of course you had to add monster def,armor type,lv etc.

try enhancing its attribute damage and see for yourself.
my catar stroke deals 4-hit in 1 charge …4.5k crit per hit x4 hits= 18k crit already :japanese_goblin:

attribute level: 30

Coz damage skill more powerfull than your stat ( str / int )
also your weapon outdamage your stat
and later like rank 8 preview their level 330
So basically you only get more 50stat to str
it’s only like 100-200 more phy attack
While i believe weapon and equip will give you more damage
Since DOV also affect your weapon attack, so high dex build also get advantage from it

Unless they give swordsman skill like Cure ( skill damage + str )
maybe str will be better

I am 2:1 STR CON build here (Sword1>High1>Barb3>Dop2) path, check out some of my videos.

My min/max attack is 3052-3253 with default 190 crit rate without buff, I used +13 Magi two handed (fire awakening +48, lvl 7 crit gem and lvl 5 crit gem stone), max petamion, 2x sissel and full set Grynas.

Latest ET video

Tanking and rank 1 DPS in Rexipher

Quick damage check on monster

My conclusion,
PvE = STR > CON > DEX
GvG/ Field PvP/ Guild War = CON > STR > DEX
Team Battle League = DEX > CON > STR (because this fucking PvP arena gives you default equipment)

P/S: I also wanna add on that DEX is really bad stats to add for swordsmen if you want to PVE, its only useful in Team Battle League, do not add DEX at all like the person replied above me suggested, STR is the actual DMG source.

What is your opinion About rank 8 Highlander 3 or barbarian 3 for Pve ?