Where to find this information ?
Catar stroke is 4hit right ? so 400% ? how come be 600%
Cross cut 1200% coz of bleeding ?
I’v read somewhere that Skyliner with bleed now only +50% damage

But Barbar rank4, fencer rank 6 that will you lose 1 rank doppel

Double slash only get +200 flat damage to bleed enemy

still don’t know how long the cd of R8 doppel debuff
Even with Cleave debuff i prefer use it before cyclone
Fortunately cleave only has 16cd which mean at last overheat with debuff 5s, you only need wait 11s to use the debuff again.

But barbarian with New frenzy can get about +600 atk
With attribute +300atk
Warcry +300atk so it’s 600atk with DOV lvl 10 you can get 1.2k damage to all your skills
With cleave 50% so for phy atk only you get 1.8k damage
*PVE wise

With current clone can copy HL, pelasta, hoplite skills
Sword 3 not really good now

there is an update from that thread.

so it still considers damage from your weapon, but only the min. thats why High STR doppels would gain more damage from DoV than those with High DEX. IMO Dex is for Fencers (specially considering that Epee Stance, boost their crit damage by x4 - x6 modifier) while Str is for Doppels.

1 Like

Idk if i go full STR and 50-100con or 50-100con 150-200dex rest str with Highlander 3> Barb 1 >Doppel 3

ppl say that we need at least 30k hp late game to survive… thats around 100 invested in CON and rest STR
you can see “Aki Sera” channel in youtube for reference

2 Likes

just keep in mind that Cross Cut’s bleeding, Crossguard, Crown scales with STR, along with DoV. I’d recommend a healthy mixture of the three. it’s easier to increase STR since we get 10% bonus per rank with it.

1 Like

Use equips to give crit rate or just more and more phys dmg?

it’s hard for swordies to get decent crit rates since we don’t get buffs for it like archers. but yeah, thats what I did. I’m currently at 250+ crit rate right now with Magi (2 level 5 green gems), Peta, 2 sissels and around 120(?) dex. I crit pretty decently though of course not too often.

2 Likes

it depends on what you want
if you want to make more damage then i’d go with crit rate
if you want to magically believe that white damage is better than yellow damage, then yea just stack more physical damage.
generally you wanna reach at least 300 crit rate no matter what if your goal is maximum dps (you can do that with a full str build too)
i highly suggest you do a hybrid 1:1 str dex build, with hybrid equips.

of course white damage do more damage on Swordsman
Str give you +70% on rank 7, 80% on rank 8
Current update 30% damage to str
While even you put all into dex you won’t get 100% crit rate
at 280, 350 crit rate only give you 50% crit
Swordsman don’t have crit rate bonus
Even you get 100% crit rate you will have low damage
Swordman not like archer that have a damn 4k++ damage to a single skill
So even with low str they can hit hard

Unless you go barbar3
You got +600 free phy attack from warcry and frenzy
cleave also give +50 crit rate

1 Like

i agree on that.
TODAY the only class from swordsman tree who may do damage with DEX is fencer.
and let’s not forget the add bonus per stat invest.
at 280 35 bonus stats with 50 con a full str build would have 553 str and 70 con, without any equips.
and a full dex with 50 con would have only : 343 DEX 70 con
and if you try to do a mix like some people said on 1x1 dex and str and 50 con would end with : 273 STR 168 DEX and 70 con, this is less than half of the other two options in each main status.
all of this become even greater with a class like doppel that is the main topic of this post. since this grow of strength would only maximize the effect of deeds of valor, allowing the doppel to do even more damage.
and one more thing: most skills from doppel is multi hit skill, so it means that they have a low damage on the tool tip because the number of hits, and everyone knows that multi hit skills grown more with STR than DEX , so going DEX with doppel right now is suicide, you may do fine, but would not be the same as a STR doppel.
Now if anyone want the dex for the evasion and the ability to tank psychical hits, please do, but do not try to say that at the current game level cap dex would do more damage than str, because it is a lie, when we are talking about Doppel.

i still believe 1:1 str dex or 2:1 str dex is better.
and if you are going high str, yes, its better to stack crit rate gear because you can get 300 crit rate from gears, which is a good amount and will crit in pve. no reason to go full str with additional physical damage gear.
if you go full str i really have no idea why would you not stack crit rate gear, my full str fletcher got crit rate gear with around 350-400 crit rate just from gears (and from base crit rate), he deals A TON of damage.
a swordy with around 100-120 dex is a good base, which you can then stack some gear and get some good crits with your str build
you can get around 400 str with 40-50 con and 100 dex, this is how it works in this game, this is how you deal the most damage.

i must say that later on, going with 120 dex for example can be a perfect solution for early game hunting and so on in swordsman, and also help with the misses on those archers and can give more damage, but right now is not true, first because swordsman and doppel itself have many multhi hits skills and because of that is hard for him to reach the damage limit where dex allows for more damage than str, and going with dex it will only become more difficult to reach that mark. simple because the bonus % per rank, helps a lot for us to swords to achieve the 500 stats mark on str, allowing us to gain 2 str per 1 stat and by stat would be 2,6 atk -2 block penetration and 2 critical atk and this makes a HUGE difference right now in the game play.
later on when we have weapons with more atk, equips with more critical rate-critical atk and so on, those 100 dex points that would result is more or less 250-300 str (since i’m talking later on llv 500-600) is simple something that as swordsman we can accept to have, since the effect of 300 str is great but is something we can replace with set once we reach lvl 500 or 600 for example.
but right now, this is not possible, those 100 points in dex that you are talking about, using the same example as before the swordsman will have ONLY: 340 str 70 con 128 dex without any equips.
this result is less 213 points in str, that by the new formula would give 213 block penetration and 277 atk, , and let’s not forget that this atk will also grow with DOV since we are talking about DOPPEL here, this would be 552 atk on DOV lvl 10.
and let’s not forget that this will only grow as rank 8 and doppel 3 come out with dov lvl 15.
and even more, with the 553 str from before, let’s say if you equip a max peta and a vubbe gloves since you are talking about str stats with equips and this is is basic pve set for aoe atk ratio and the best amulet, would be 24 str, but since we are already at the 500mark it would give 48 str, and with the “100 dex build” 24 str would only gives 31 str and so on if we use equips with str the difference will only grow more.
like i said before “TODAY” if you want more damage and you are not fencer3 the only answer is “STR” but if you want the defense stats that dex can give, please go for it, but saying that dex will give more damage is a lie.
i will not even explore more on the topic about the 400 str with 100 dex, because i believe that if you focus all of you equips in str it may be possible, but you will lose a lot of critical rate and this would only decrease your damage even more if you are using a dex build, now if you say to me that they can go from 340 str to 400 with a set of equips that focus on critical rate, since this 60 points in str maintaining the critical rate in both builds would result in far more strength in the build that i have wrote before,and both set would give “the same critical rate value” but because of 500 status mark, every time you add 1 extra point in str it would become 2 and in the 300status mark you would need 3 to become 1, so the grow would only increase, so by this alone 60 str would become 120 str on my previous build against 85 str from your build and once we apply the bonus from the rank’s the difference would be 35x1,7=59 str that would only increase even more the damage from equips, since 59 “extra” str would become 154 “extra” atk with DOV10 on, that have a 100% up time.
and let’s not forget, since with equips alone any swordsman can pass the critical resistance from mob, we are talking here about a flat “value%” of critical rate given by those 128 dex, that would be :
128x42/280=19,2%
so by the end of it a swordsman with 100 DEX status point like you said would “ONLY” have 19.2% more chance of landing a critical hit , where with str we would gain , the huge bonus from DOV that the difference alone for both builds would be more or less 553 atk, that is the same as equipping another 2hand sword +8 i believe. .
i will not even enter in the math that this 19,2% critical change would give in DPS, if we compare with 553 atk, taking different scenarios of of refinement in weapon and so on because this would be more or less the same as when we go up in the chain of levels and equips and by that i can agree with you, that we may be able to replace those 100 points in str and add in dex, for a better damage, but right now with the current cap and let’s say, realist refinement on weapon (+10-+15), i do not think so.

* again, those 19,2% critical rate value could overcome the damage given by STR if we are talking here about a DRAGOON or a FENCER for example, since he does not have DOV, so the damage lost by taking DEX would be half of the damage LOST in Doppel case and this is “only” with the current lvl 10 DOV , but still i do not believe so, and i will not make the math to explain as well since the topic is about DOPPEL , but the main point about the other two choices of dps is the difference that they use to increase their damage, dragoon would have spear lunge and the new 100% buff and fencer the new critical damage formula it seems by the preview but for DOPPEL it is DOV, and if you want to have damage with doppel you must use your tools together with DOV to increase his damage, and by taking dex you would simple cripple your DOV and by that your DOPPEL.

tl;dr: simple saying is that DOPPEL tool kit is different than the other types of swordsman, so if you want to have the best damage with him , you must be full STR with CON, and this with doppel2 already, let’s not forget that doppel 3 is just around the corner, so the effect of DOV and STR will only grow.

1 Like

2 sissel = 74 crit rate
max peta = 14 crit rate
Rokas leather = 8 crit rate
Virtov leather Gloves = 18 crit rate
Magi two hand sword = 30 crit rate
+2 level 7 Green gem ( if you manage lv 7 ) = 88
Total : 232 crit rate

Archer has 25% crit from swif step ( archer 2 )
Archer get free +56 Crit rate at level 280
You have Steady aim to boost your big raw damage from your skills

also your crit rate - crit resistance from mobs
Only fencer c3 can reduce mob crit rate

You need 666 crit rate to get 100% crit at 280
786 at 330 ( rank 8 )
and who knows higher mobs higher crit resist

1 Like

Keep in mind that stats from gear don’t gain rank bonus. Everything else I can agree with.

i put a green gem in my manamana (which translates for about 70 crit rate just from that) with all the gear you mentioned plus crit rate head gear i managed to get to 400 crit rate.
i really don’t see why would someone build str and just keep adding flat physical damage gear instead of scaling it with some crit rate. even on a swordsman.

Two hand sword only got 2 sockets
current Two hand sword that have 3 sockets have low Phy attack
Waiting for venier twin blade
Also Green gem that put in subweapon give more crit rate rather put in main weapon.

Hmm how the calculation about 30% str damage for swordsman ?
Have any idea ?
i don’t know how the calculation of this update

@ hex.ro, thank you so much. I just got the same problem and i couldn’t decide what build i should make. I’m thinking about sword 1>highlander 3>barb 1>doppel 2 or sword 1>highlander 1>barb 3>doppel 2. what is your final answer?

1 Like

I’m leveling a Sword>Highlander 3>Barb 1>Doppel 2
100con and all others points in str

How about gear ? Looking for Attack or crit rate ?
i think i can get 20% crit from gear

another reason go full str if build Highlander > fencer
Cross guard > not only give 60% - 100% on pierce attack it’s also make pierce attack hit double Like Savagery from barbarian
Since Evasion calculate 1st than block, it’s mean you’ll never proc the debuff cause you’ll evade almost enemy attack if going high dex
also since crit rate is a chance, so there are sometimes you won’t crit and you’ll lose alot damage

Gear would be the basic one who focus on critical rate and attk, since it boost dov as well, the thing is, the current set on the game gives more critical rate than it would give “raw” attack, so by using it it would give more damage in all builds.

now for me the real reason to go str is because each class have their tooltip to boost damage, DOPPEL is DOV and because of that STR, Dragoon is flat % value , (spear lunge-the new serpentine buff) and fencer is the new stance from rank3 and because of that DEX.
savagery does not exist anymore and the stagger block right now that gives this extra damage it does not make double and add extra 60%-100% for pierce alone i believe .
but cross guard allow doppel to BLOCK and you do not even start to imagine of how good this is later on even more because you will be str, and even when you are simple lving, if you combo it with the quests that allow perma aggor on mobs, you will be like a half swash 100% of the time.