Tree of Savior Forum

Barbarian>Doppel and Rank 8 Swordsman

After the buff of swordsman I was thinking about the current future of swordsman, before the buff almost all swordsman without Peltasta were pretty useless at the end-game, because the damage was low and had no use without the Swash Buckling. But now with the buff the swordsman’s damage increased quite, especially barbarian.
What made me think even after the buff is still better to Swordman>Peltasta> Barbarian C3> Doppel C2 to be useful with Swash Buckling or is viable Swordman>Highlander>Barbarian C3>Doppel C2 by critical attack attribute with 2 handedswords? Especially with Doppel C3 on rank8 which seems to give a very high damage.

Other question, before the patch most of Barbarian Doppel have at last 150 dex to high critical rate, but with str give 30% more physical damage is better “full str” or is quite necessary have high amound of dex?

first of all, if you truly want a strong build i suggest you do highlander c3 > barb c1 >doppel
2nd, don’t ever go neither full str or full dex because both are bad, imo high dex is still better on highlander/barbarian, especially with highlander because of 50% critical attack buff,
if i were you i’d get around 50 con, then split str:dex 1:1
dont go for these full str or full dex they aren’t good for solo/new players, because both require you to have expensive gear like double sissel bracelets or gladiator bracelets (which cost millions)
as a new player i’d just go an even split between str an dex, or maybe 2:1 str dex
if you think you can get around buying expensive gear, then really full dex or full str will both grant you around the same damage, but i’d advise against such builds, they aren’t good in my experience.

1 Like

Why Highlander C3 is betther then Barbarian C3?

I’m not a new player, I have a QS C3>Wugushi C3 280 and a Wiz C3>Element C3> Warlock 240, but I don’t know nothing about swordman and I really want to have one.

highlander c3 has a very high damage with skyliner and crosscut, but you still need barb 1 for cleave slashing damage
its a matter of preference honestly, both barb 3 and highlander 3 are good for doppel as long as you got barb 1 at least for cleave. personally i didnt like barb 3, but know with the buffs it might be a more viable choic

The buff on Pouncing are amazing
I don’t know if I go highlander 3 or barbarian 3 :confused:

Both Highlander C1 / Barb C3 and Barb C1 / Highlander C3 are good, but play out a bit differently.

Barb C3 is definitely going to be stronger early on, but as higher ranks are introduced, as well as monsters with higher defense, I feel that Highlander C3 will scale better due to Skull Swing.

That’s just a guess, and really, play whichever feels more comfortable to you.

Highlander C3 requires some setup/knowledge of enemies you’re fighting to bring out the best in your damage (i.e., can the enemy bleed, and if not, which abilities to prioritize using in what order… or how much distance you need to charge Cartar Stroke to actually be able to use it vs some enemies, which enemies using Cross Guard to stagger can help make dealing with them easier, etc).

Barb is easier since you know bosses can’t be stunned, so against bosses you typically use Cleave first and then use attacks. Against most mobs, Helm Chopper + Cleave is the typical combo. Seism is also nice, especially if you’re investing in Double Pay: Earn with 1-2 points since Seism seems to fake multi-hit so using the skill should only consume 1 charge but still do high damage.

If you play both, you’ll feel that Barb C3 is currently stronger, but over time I think Highlander C3 will continue to scale better unless IMC changes Barbarian buffs to go from “flat” to being % damage increases.

tl;dr

Barb C3 - Better AoE potential, nice buffs for the current ranks/equipment available, easier to play

Highlander C3 - Better Single-target and small group potential, Physical DPS Party support (Skull Swing), better defense (Cross Guard), harder to play effectively (have to know what can/can’t bleed for effective damage setups vs groups), will continue to scale better as mob defense increases.

1 Like

hey, u go barb3 if u want more rotation of skills in less cd and less dmg (dps), and u go with high3 if u want less rotation of skills in high cd and dmg(burst)

ur choice, but if go high3 pick barb and if go barb3 pick high

and remember, highlander is more a debuffer class than barbarian (means u got more advantages on late than early)

For party play / grind parties your worse off tanking because your party won’t normally let you grab the mobs, for solo though unless you use a shield, peltesta is more useless imo.

Because of that attribute? No. Highlander is better for 2 handed sword builds because you get skills which you can actually use. It’s critical att not damage i.e. your critical attack goes from 200 to 300…

With peltesta you need to actually swap to a weapon + shield or a weapon + dagger to use swash (swordsman does not have autoswap) which is doable and fine, the only skill without a weapon restriction is the buff, guardian.
Highlander 1 the only weapon restriction is for your 2 handed sword block skill which is awesome, otherwise you get 1cc, a cool debuff which reduces magic damage and a sweet damage skill.

2 Likes

Skill scaling

Highlander:
Cartar Stroke 600% | 2 overheat | 21s cooldown
Moulinet 500% | 35s cooldown
Crosscut ~1200% | 2 overheat | 28s cooldown
Skyliner 200% (400% w/ bleed) | 3 overheat | 15s cooldown

Barbarian:
Seism 250% | 2 overheat | 18s cooldown
Helm Chopper 200% | 2 overheat | 20s cooldown
Cleave 100% (300% against stunned enemies, aka never bosses) | 3 overheat | 16s cooldown

Barbarian’s bread and butter skills are total garbage. They’re higher rank than highlander but much worse.
Seism is never ever worth getting.

It’s actually not optimal to get even a single rank of barbarian.
You can go Swordsman C3 and Highlander C2 before doppel. Doppel’s new slash debuff will severely devalue cleave because of the additive nature of damage debuffs.
Lunge devalues cleave for fencer, so even a single circle of barb is not optimal for fencers either.

barb 3 is bad for pvp anyway, if you want to pvp pick neither barbarian OR highlander just straight go for a corsair shinobi or a cataphract,
barbarian is not a pvp class, and definitely not the best pvp out of a swordsman.

why is it not good? how is 50% slash damage not good? you know how much 50% is late game? definitely worth going 1 barb circle, highlander 2 and 3 skills are stronger than barbarian’s, but the 50% slashing damage is STILL very strong, he is not going fencer he is going DOPPEL, so i have no idea why you mentioned that,
and for doppel, which most skills are SLASH the 50% slashing damage is amazing.
i do not recommend going swordsman c3 for a pve doppel build, highlander c3 barb c1 is a great build for a doppel.

How? Isn’t is the other way around? Pouncing has a cd of 71 seconds after using it for full duration and it has buffs which increase damage but don’t have 100% uptime. Highlander has overall shorter cds.

Are you adding skill atk there? I can’t tell, also for arguments sake, wanna do the same thing with the rest of the damage skills you use?

I highly doubt it’s gonna be a 100% uptime debuff, also debuffs can stack ya know.

is worth take peltasta instead one highlander rank or barbarian?

This is a thread about R8. R8 doppel includes a slash debuff.

If Doppel C3’s slash debuff is only let’s say 100% for example.
That puts your slash damage at 200%.
Cleave would bring it to 250%. That’s only a 25% damage increase now, not 50%.
In the meantime you sacrificed the ability to spam 400% double slash with your skyliner.

Double slash and skyliner with just bleed are stronger than cleave + seism for example.

Concentrate is also going to scale off stats soon so it’ll add like 400+ damage to every single hit you do.

Barbarian is terrible, sorry.

1 Like

I choose barb 3 for aoe field farm, buffs (frenzy And warcry) to max dmg pouncing And cyclone… go 3:1 str:con for full pve build u don’t need dex dodge attacks because deeds of valor doppel buff… to stack quickly , you need at least 30k hp in Late game to survive

no because it will reduce your dps,
the reason for a 1 circle of highlander in a barbarian 3 build because cartar stroke (very strong skill)
crown (its a shock debuff which is good with doppel c2 skills)
and 50% critical damage attribute when using 2h weapons
and, if you decide to go highlander 3 barb c1 (Which you should its very strong), barbarian 1 circle is a must since the skill cleave give 50% additional damage when using slash attacks (Every single 1 of your attacks are going to be slash, so you realize how good this is especially with 3 overheat)
a peltasta circle will reduce your dps because the new buffs justify skipping it, the 5k hp archers will find other ways to survive, you dont have to pick peltasta just because other players want you to be a tank.

how do you sacrifice crosscut and skyliner by going highlander c3 barbarian c1?
you cannot have everything in your build, and the slashing buff from cleave is very good
besides, im not sure you understand math
but the difference between 200 and 250 is 50% and not 25, you should consider retaking elementary school math.
swordsman c3 is a pvp build, not pve, and 25% damage is still stronger than 400 damage.

1 Like

This isn’t completely right since Cartar Stroke, Helm Chopper, Skull Swing, Stomping Kick (assuming only Barb C1) and Crown are Strike-types, but I know what you’re trying to say ^o.o^

He’s talking about the increase from 200 to 250. The increase is 25% overall.

250/200 = 1.25 or 25% increase.