Tree of Savior Forum

Banned for the use of addons, I used no "Abusive" addon

Or IMC just didn’t update the text of their EULA & are compliant with all laws in the jurisdictions in which they operate.

Legal documents must be accurate otherwise they are void. That in itself voids the EULA. Even if they did update it, it does not state it.

Incorrect.

Where did you get your internet law degree from?

[quote=“deekay2k9, post:139, topic:296714”]
the thing is. addons were never really approved or allowed. there is no official statemant saying what is allowed and what not. there are only one or two sentences somewhere in the forum that say xpviewer is ok or mapfogthing is ok.[/quote]

Good thing we have people like you on these forums who have no idea what they’re talking about but pretend like they do.

so, please point me to the page that officialy states which addon is allowed and which is not. all they stated until now is “stuff that does not alter gameplay like botting, access to storage etc without actually being there”

I don’t have an internet law degree. It’s fairly common knowledge that any contract must be accurate otherwise it’s void. If you and I were to make a contract because you owed me $2000 but I accidentally put $200, you’d only owe me $200 because that would be the accurate number. Therefore, it would become void because it’s incorrect, or at least amended. There EULA would have to be rewritten and we would all have to reaccept it for it to be valid, and for me, I have no means of reaccepting it cause I’m banned, so I’d only be held accountable to the previous EULA.

Trust me, I won a $2500 refund in another game for this exact reason, their EULA wasn’t accurate.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

so…ban-able addons are those which are DO something for you right?

What about your market-addon? you click just one button, right? and the addon do the rest for you…

mind blow…

Half the things that you obtain from add-ons should already be in the game by default.

No … Addons that do something for you that isn’t normally doable at that time. Yes, that button is very convenient but you could also just collect it all manually. Man you guys are really making far stretches now.

If you are so certain that you have legal entitlement to do something against IMC, well these forums aren’t a lawyer so why are you wasting your time posting about your legal rights here?

Let me help you google that:

1 Like

if that’s really a thing that triggered OPs ban. we’d have one of those grey cases. it’s nothing that gives you an advantage but again it violates the devs rules.

this brings us back to my initial claim. there is no official statement about addons that clearly says what is allowed and what not and thus, addons are mods to the game that you can use under the risk of being banned.

actually. the market addon also bypasses the time lag (whatever its officially called) for retrieving the items on your cabinet. for short. you can retrieve stuffs withit even if the original retrieve button is still “greyed” or unclickable.

They easily have the resources to do this and quite easily at that, they just aren’t going to or at least seem to have no plans in doing so.l I’m not sure you’ve been paying attention or anything but all we get every maintenance is more loading screens when they could easily be applying real patches.

This is gonna get some copy/paste today:

• IMC has been very explicit about what kinds of addons they do and do not condone thus far.

• You use any and all addons at your own risk. IMC is not obligated to whitelist any of them for you.

• Every LUA addon hosted on GitHub is completely open source. Nothing is preventing you from looking at the scripts for yourself and making your own judgment on whether it crosses the line.

• If you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t ■■■■ with it.

While I agree with banning for certain addons and other things, the way they went about it was definitely wrong. They really should just unban everyone and give everyone 24-48hours to uninstall the “abusive” addons and anyone using after that time period gets a reban.

No it doesn’t lol. I’ve hit that button many many times and my silver still just counts down as usual. If you’re somehow bypassing the silver countdown time, then you are using a different addon.