Tree of Savior Forum

Banned for the use of addons, I used no "Abusive" addon

However you also agree to their Terms of Service and EULA when you download and play the game. And that means they have the right to ban you for any reason that they want and there’s never a “guarantee”.

1 Like

If you can point me in the direction of any of these laws and a way to contact IMC other than support tickets, that’d be great :slight_smile:

It is part of the problem. If there was zero need for the addons, there would be a lot less use of addons & people would have zero defense to getting banned for their use.

Some people have no idea what they are signing up for when using addons. Yes people cheat, intentionally, but some of the people affected by this ban could easily have unknowingly added an addon that is against rules.

Ignorance isn’t bliss. You take a risk by altering the game, for which you can be justly or unjustly punished for.

People are not paying for the game, though.
People are only paying for TP. As long as IMC delivers the TP you buy they have fulfilled their part of the contract and can not be sued for it, regardless whether they ban you later or not.

EULA and term of services mean nothing. Law comes first. Everything else second.

Maybe we need an IMC staff who will mainly contributes in this topic; Add-On. I and many of players need THE NAMES of add-on we can use. While the add-on community continue to grow, IMC stance on add-on topic and answers has been always ambiguous and vague.

IMC, we need you to clearify the term. And if possible by having a staff to regulate and enforece te rules on add-on. Set the rules. Tell us which one is OK, which one is not. If possible, tell us the names or the list of add-on that IMC officially accept.

Also IMC can ask us to send add-on to them for checking. We use add-on not because we want to cheat.(Not this case) :joy: Some add-on is must have because original UI is broken. Please! communicate with us. We’re ready to listen to you.

They can’t give names of add-ons that are “ok” to use because they can be changed by the dev any time.

Also I’m curious in which country selling digital goods with a “no refund” policy is actually against the law.

Yea, and the thing is, there EULA and TS even say right on them they are in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea, not America or, in my case, Canada. Wouldn’t that make them void in the first place since they aren’t even in accordance with our laws, yet in our region? Just some food for thought. I haven’t decided if I will take any action against them yet, most likely not, as I want to play, even if I have to wait 30 days, though I would rather not.

On that note, wouldn’t a 30 day ban be “not delivering their contract” on Token usage, since i won’t even get to use my token … ?

Europe

A small little dot on the world.

I am using cwfarm and I still play the game. I deleted all other addon in the pack. just use cwfarm

Unfortunately you aren’t entitled to anything just because you bought some TP or some DLC packs. IMC delivered the items to you that you paid for, but there was never a guarantee that your account can never be banned.

In fact, there was never a guarantee that the servers wouldn’t close down eventually too.

Sorry to burst the entitlement bubble but this is the reality. I encourage you to waste your money on a lawyer though.

If a guy walks into a Wal-mart, buys something and continues to browse looking to buy something else and he starts to be rude and belligerent to other customers and the store manager asks him to leave, he can’t turn around and sue Wal-mart for throwing him out of the store.

Just like you can’t violate the rules set forth by IMC and be “protected” from a ban simply because you bought something from them.

It’s illegal in Canada. Which is where I am from. Any digital goods which the consumer does not have direct access to at all times, can be and must be refunded.

[quote=“guffawesome, post:119, topic:296714”]
or offer so-called evidence when it comes to (VAC) bans.[/quote]

Valve doesn’t release such information. The reason they don’t is so people don’t know how they work and won’t be able to easily find ways around it. Also going to add that most VAC bans tend to be delayed so it’s even harder to figure out why.

Well lets arrest people and lock them away in prisons. we don’t provide any information because otherwise you know how we found you out.

Wut mate. what kind of north korea logic is that.

Are you sure companies are obligated to refund you on digital goods no matter what in EU and Canada? I have stronger doubts about that because if that was the case, everybody who ever gets banned could refund all the money he ever paid for an MMORPG and the law would be on his side. That doesn’t seem very reasonable.

But if you’re convinced law is on your side, feel free to try.

I’m fairly certain that “8. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and costs.
This EULA is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea.” Holds no baring on US and Canadian Laws. They probably weren’t even legally checked.

Basically you are simply “paying” IMC for the right to use their stuff. However you do not own it. Since you do not own anything you buy from IMC and there is no “contract”, that means they can take it away anytime they want.

http://puu.sh/pshpy/d312a52365.png

1 Like

In Canada atleast, there is a 180 day stature of limitation, so only purchases made within 180 days would be refundable.

the thing is. addons were never really approved or allowed. there is no official statemant saying what is allowed and what not. there are only one or two sentences somewhere in the forum that say xpviewer is ok or mapfogthing is ok.

while i appreciate your money spending on this game, it’s your own fault. using addons while there is no statemant regarding addons and their legitimacy is a risk and it seems like you got banned for that exact reason.

while it’s cool you spent money on a game, it does not entitle you to anything more then what you paid for. you paid for dlcs? you got them. you paid for tp? you got them. that you violated rules and now cannot make any use of your purchased “items” is your fault alone.

sorry to be that harsh but that’s the truth.

Umm? Scroll up mate, I posted earlier about how they said addons are okay and allowed aslong as they don’t give you an unfair advantage, but any addon that just displays information is okay.

And again, for the umteenth time, I did not claim that I shuld have any entitlement for purchasing TP and DLC packs. All I said is that it would be nice to have some more communcation, aka, reason, email or duration about my ban, since we do pay for the service, it would be nice to get something in return from customer service.