Tree of Savior Forum

Banned for the use of addons, I used no "Abusive" addon

A friend of mine use the same add on as me, she still plays normally and I got banned 2 weeks ago!

To clarify: the newer version, that has the mob count kill, the calculator, the map viewer, etc, any of those change something in game like mentioned?

I’m still looking through all the code fiote has on github to try to find anything that might lead to a false ban but like…

I dunno. On a side note I just double checked and apparently I have been using cwFarmed so I guess that’s not it.

I’m about to just uninstall all the mods and live without them until IMC removes the grey area.

Probably the best idea tbh.

So I got my response, and this is what it said.

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that your account has been found to have violated the terms of service and EULA of the game and we have sufficient evidence of this infraction.

Due to this, we have restricted your game access for 30 days.

https://treeofsavior.com/eula/
https://treeofsavior.com/ts/

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team"

No reason as to why I was banned. None of said evidence displayed or even offered. No ability to respond after this, ticket simply closed. IMC you need better communication with your player base or you will not have a player base!

I play with 20 people here, some of them pay hefty amounts of tp, if any of us is banned because of this bullshit, we will move on to the next game.

GL killing your game with shitty anti consumer tactics.

Maybe there next step should be ban people that didn’t pay for a token. Because gray area.

The lead should be fired over this. Total disrespect to your playerbase.

It doesn’t really say anything that you were banned because of add-on use, maybe it was something else?

It could be, a reason would be very nice.

No doubt. The grey area for add-ons is pretty awful and I really don’t feel like switching on computer programming mode and breaking down these add-ons to try to find some vague excuse for IMC to ban someone for using them.

It just says you violated the EULA… nothing about abusing add-ons. I imagine they would have at least specified that it was due to add-on abuse.

EULA can mean anything.

It’s basically them saying, we banned you because reasons.

what a joke.

1 Like

Perhaps, but since the response I read the entirety of the EULA and I did nothing to violate it, that I am 100% sure of.

It’s not because you pay that you should be able to avoid “ban hammer”… It’s like supporting “corruption”…

I am new to the game, so take what I type in that view. And by new, I joined the game following the week after F2P release, compared to others, I haven’t put in many hours.

Other than optimization, performance issues, & class balance, the one major complaint I have is the UI. It’s terrible on so many levels. Most screens or sub-menus, the text is barely or not readable at all. Many of the descriptions either make little sense or are wrong. Too many convenient buttons are missing from the game.

I seriously looked into adding a few “cosmetic” addons just to improve my gaming experience. I just want to be able to read the text in the sub-menus or description screens, make a few menus more convenient. But I decided against it because I know that simple “unofficial” addons can sometimes lead to unintentionally adding something that can get you banned.

IMC needs to fix their UI. Once that is done, then just put a blanket ban on addons.

TLDR - IMC fix your UI!

Again, as I said before, I didn’t say I should avoid the banhammer because of paying. All I said was that it would be nice if they gave us a reason and notice of our ban, along with a duration.

Cosmetics addons ARE NOT the problem here but addons who cheated the system.

@turbo007
I was not replying to you but the other guy who threatened with his friend to leave the game if they get banned because they paid ton of ■■■■ money XD

Just going by logic… if all add-ons someone uses don’t do anything other than giving visual information, then IMC wouldn’t even be able to know about it. The only thing they can check is commands that the client sends to the server. They probably did checks like “Who sent a [open market] command and was not in one of the towns”.

So if you are banned, there must have been at least one add-on that changed data that is sent to the server.

(e) interfering with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Game (including cheating)

It would probably be here then. However… this makes me think that Teleport Please should be banned for EULA as well since he’s interfering with another party’s use and enjoyment of the game lol.

That fact that some people in this thread think IMC is competent is a good joke.

[quote=“TheAuger, post:112, topic:296714”]
TLDR - IMC fix your game[/quote]

Might still be possible to obtain a refund.

I have a number of friends who got refunded (even it if stated as non refundable) by Steam even after like 100-200hrs of gameplay.

Worth a try if you don’t get unbanned assuming you are legit.

1 Like

Time to contact Steam Support and demand that refund you promised in your statement.

And while you’re at it, do ask them how they handle, display and/or offer so-called evidence when it comes to (VAC) bans.

You only get one shot though.

Because they also tend to close tickets and stop responding immediately after declining your refund request.

But Steam is so popular so their communication has got to be top notch!

The moment you pay you are a consumer protected by laws. So yes a paying consumer will have more rights.