Tree of Savior Forum

Balanced stats build?

Hey, I was just wondering how viable it’d be to have balanced stats. I’m going to make a monk that has some int based skills from other classes, so I’m just looking for a bit of insight into how stats would affect things.
If I put equal stats in everything, I could have a little bit of everything… however…

I heard that if you invest into 1 stat over others, it gets bonus stats, so would it actually be better to invest in just one stat? I’m wondering how big the difference is…
If I invest in just Dex, would that provide the best benefit? I heard in the long run investing in Str would make stronger attacks, but I’m not sure why, since Dex means critting much more often, right? Plus it would help evasion.

Also, I saw somewhere that some monk attacks used Int, and maybe Con, for damage, but is that confirmed anywhere?

Any good info around this can help, stats is what I’m least sure about right now…

DEX and STR compliment each other. Need both.

• 1 ~ 50 total stats | Bonus every 5th stat point
  • 51 ~ 150 total stats | Bonus every 4th stat point
  • 151 ~ 300 total stats | Bonus every 3rd stat point
  • 301 ~ 500 total stats | Bonus every 2nd stat point
  • 500+ total stats | Bonus every stat point

The bonus points are much higher than I thought. every 2nd point adds one when you’re high? I wonder why they did that - why wouldn’t they promote balanced characters?

Well anyway, according to that link, it’s kind of contrary to what I’ve heard some say about Dex builds. And even my warrior gains a lot of damage and crits quite often, even without full dex or gear to helps that, so I’m not sure the data is accurate… but I’m not high level enough to judge much.

Will having a high Str build make it hard to hit enemies, especially in pvp (and gvg)?
I’m tempted to go for mostly Str if there’s really that many bonus points, and that having high Dex doesnt necessarily mean good damage.
-though, another thing, that was just about damage, and didn’t take into account the dodge rate that helps out with Dex builds.

So, taking accuracy and dodge into account, how much would Dex help out? (thoughts)

Also INT and STR benefit from rank-up +10% per rank or +60% for rank 7 character.

Evasion should be taken into account in the case of full or at least high DEX builds.

Damage-wise full dex is viable for Dragoon, Musketeer and Canoneer. Monks have no skills with crazy base damage.[quote=“Windful, post:1, topic:246912”]
Also, I saw somewhere that some monk attacks used Int, and maybe Con, for damage, but is that confirmed anywhere?
[/quote]

As far as I know energy blast used to have that type of scaling.
Check this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

It provides detailed descriptions of skills and stats that affect them. [Physical] skills scales only with phys atk if not stated otherwise.

monk skills all scale with stength, even energy bast

I’m wondering how reliable the data is, I’m curious to hear from people who have experimented in-game with dex to see how much more damage it brings them, I’ve seen some crit quite often, and double damage is pretty darn good.

But the bonus stats part is really big, I’ll probably focus back on one stat or another. (most likely str.) Would it be worth investing a bit into dex, or will crits hardly happen at high level without really high dex?

One last question I want to put out there…Is there a point to a full Con build besides really good survivability?

Full Con (All points from leveling into CON, not counting statue points) means you’ll have 30+k HP at around 115 or so. (And around 10k at 50ish) If you do swash buckling tank with shield guard, this means you’re the shield tanker of the game and can survive duo’ing / trio-ing the level 50 dungeon at 50.

You need that high HP + magic def clothing to survive auto-attacks that count as magic (severed hands from those floaty wizards.)

I’ve looked around more, about Str and Dex. It’s really hard to know what would be better, if the crit reistance of monsters goes up. Doesn’t that mean that there’s not really a point to adding a bit of Dex? Like, either go high on it, or don’t. But then if you don’t, it’s hard to hit someone in pvp right?

aagh, I just don’t know. Would a full Str monk still be alright in pvp?

I’m almost thinking maybe 1:2 (str:dex). That way Dex might be able to keep up with monsters, and str would be high enough to get good damage from crits.
Thoughts?

Crit. resist doesn’t go up that much as for now, but your crit% chance drops with your level which is partially compensated with bonus stats.

crit% = (crit. chance - crit. resist)*(42/your level)

Don’t forget about class-specific crit. buffs. (swift step, finestra, monstrance).

Common monk builds usually include priest, thus you will have Monstrance (+30% dex).

As for evasion, monks usually wear plate armor for STA bonus (Double Punch) and cannot benefit from leather mastery +75 evasion, but you won’t need it if you can rotate between Stone Skin and Safety Zone, Heal and Mass Heal.

1:2 is a bit too extreme. I’d try 1:1 ~ 3:4. But maybe it will be good under Monstrance.

yeh my original plan was to go priest, but I changed my mind and going diev.

Still unsure about the stats, but I’ll think about it some more. not (re)starting the character yet. Still open to more thoughts too :slight_smile:

Diev huh? It’s surely good for mobbing with statues, but you don’t have many AoE skills and owls are matk based. Just saying.

well, priest doesnt have any AoE either :stuck_out_tongue:
I love revive and mass heal, but I’d rather have something more interesting to play :slight_smile:

and…owls appeal to me more than the krivis lightning at this point. I’ll be able to gather mobs to hit them, so that’s pretty good.

Well, this is a game after all. You cannot lose more than fun.

EDIT: I wonder, who and why could need to flag this post. :confused:

Finally, die to magic attack mobs on every stat builds.