Tree of Savior Forum

Balance suggestion for swordman (yes, one more of these)

Admittedly I have never played a shinobi before, I’m not sure if moving break that hide from katon and mokuton

1. It’s ok as it is imo
  2. Leave AoE ratio alone, while hitbox can be slightly adjusted, but not much, since it can turn in to faceroll action, i like the factor of positioning yourself in order to land a hit which will affect all mobs. Anyway efforts should be equal to result, currently most skills does not match this formula. I’m playng barb righ now, “helm chopper” and “cyclone” have awfl hit zone, even “seism” have like about 2x less hit zone than “Cartar stroke”(only skill that have decent hit zone).
  3. This require a lot of debate, parry looks OP.
  4. Certain builds has it. But in overal yeah, we have lack of this stuff.

I completely gave up on IMC listening to us. The staff here can’t do anything about this and the korean devs just do not care.

Meanwhile I’m leveling a wiz around 30 mins per day. Not archer because I don’t want to catch cancer.

That isn’t true, we have custom nerfs that were never on kTOS

they can and will make changes, but its pretty easy to see where their opinions are.

Custom nerf against swordsmen. lol

How is pressing the button when it becomes brighter better then spamming 1 button?

Whats wrong with spamming one button? This way we can have different damage skills for different ocassions,

not just “THROW EVERY COOL DOWN AT THEM!”

Also in pvp people who spammed one button was easy to beat, in gvg is all about teamwork spamming that one button.

:stuck_out_tongue:

This should be the trade mark of swordsmen. I mean magic and shooting special arrows have cool downs okay…

But a swordsman should be able to swing his arm the same way over and over right???

My opinion:

The problem with swordsman comes from other points. They can’t balance damage/cc because swords already have much more health, better mobility, etc. If the damage reachs the same numbers as archers or wizards, we go back to the state where swords were the best of everything. Another thing is the number of single hit skills, which needs the % scaling applied.

Suggestions:

• Make high HP a choice, with an obvious bonus for a melee front-line character.

• less natural HP

• bonus HP per CON for swords instead

• Then buff damage for those who goes offensive in stat/gear distribution

• better skill scaling, like 150-200% atack

• Dashing feels slightly less rewarding now with token bonuses

• +1 mov speed while dashing

• Magic atacks are a problem for everyone

• make magic atacks (missile ones) able to be dodged. Players can’t dodge under CC

@forget it, I messed two things =x

This is already a thing. Problem is there are next to none defensive gears in the game, so other classes can just pump CON and not losing out much DPS, while swordman have really low DPS already, whether you go STR or CON.

My level 19x swordman have 330 STR, my usual skills deal 6-7k damage on 15-20 seconds cd, no overheat. That is as much as a 0 INT pyro fireball, or 0 STR archer multishot

I think pinpoint magic is the problem, AoE targeting magic is not.

I think this has to do with the way skills scale. If it was a multiplier of the atack (aka diablo) this wouldn’t happen, we really need to get rid of those flat values.
The worst case, in my opinion, are those full CON wizards. They don’t even need to “hit” the skill, they don’t crit, and they have high base damages. You can’t make a full CON archer and be equally competitive for an example.

I was actually thinking more about PvE on this point, but this probably applies to some wizard skills as well. I also agree it should not affect skills like meteor or earthquake for an example.

if i’m not wrong, swordsman have pretty decent AOE ratio.

I do not think this will happens. it would need the programmer implement additional feature and more coding means more bugs…

use shield, you can block randomly unless you are using two handed swords

i pvp a cata and i was perma-knock down… the CC skill is imba… ~_~ if this buffed again… no one could challenge warrior anymore LOL.

Same as everyone else. Not lower I admit, but nothing higher

There are multiple threads complaining about how no one want a swordman without peltasta. I won’t go through this again. But shield is only 1/4 of swordman tree, you have 2h sword, 2h spear and duel wield.

Cata is the best PvP swordie out there due to the speed of Trot, not the knock down actually. And even with that cata doesn’t really shine in group PvP or GvG either because their skill rotation is on long cooldown. The most you can rotate is 3 skills

everyone as in DPS?

compare to caplain? monk?

if that so, it is impossible. it would be imbalance. warrior have default higher HP ( and suspect hidden mechanism which boost swordsman tankability - we tested cleric vs swordsman with same def value and same type of armour and mastery, swordsman receive much lesser damage comparing to cleric.) if add on this parry, will it make sense?

can share your build? i believe there’s a few stun skill other than cata.

Everyone actually. Problem with chaplain and monk is the hit box, not AoE ratio (although with aspergillium chaplain can keep up with the AoE DPS just fine, while swordman has lots of downtime)

Well, cleric can heal themselves so HP isn’t really relevant to them, technically if you don’t get 1 shot you have infinite HP as a cleric.

Stat-wise swordman seems to be the best, but skill + utility bring them down so much.

Even if swordman can parry a portion of damage, it would eventually wear them down since they have 0 sustain or kiting ability.

Swordman c3 -> Cata c3

That is the best PvP build currently lol, restrain + trot is your reliable kit, not any other skills.

AoE ratio =/= AoE

You can have infinite AoE ratio, but it doesn’t matter if your attack only have (1unit)x(1unit) square frontal AoE like stabbing have.

sorry about that, what i wanna say is AOE, warrior hitbox is quite decent ( lower compare to wiz, archer but higher compare to cleric )

I think you hit the jackpot why so many people are complaining about swordsman.

basically warrior is easiest job to level up before lvl 170, but the problem is, when the monster’s damage increase, warrior having issue to kept up the healing. actually swordsman DPS aren’t as bad as people says, but the downtime makes them feels that they are slow…

1 Like

well i believe instead of asking Developer making swordsman into imbalance class, requesting for % healing potion/ bonefire hp healing in % would be a better choice, with these, swordsman would maintain his DPS and reduce the downtime.

That still doesn’t solve anything. The down time is in both recovery and cool down.

At the start of TOS, the dev explicitly said that they want to be considered as “Tree of Autoattack”

However, with recent content you can obviously see that auto attack is no longer favorable. Which means majority of swordman classes are now just outdated.

Patching small surface issue won’t help an outdated classes. Swordman classes need some complete new blood, just like when archer receive swift step + multishot buff.

oh my, you should play caplain :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway the point i wanna bring out is, every class as their pros and cons. if you requesting all pros and no cons for swordsman, mind as well everyone play swordsman, call it Tree of Swordsman.

if you are complaining two handed swords like another threads, i do agree, two handed weapon need to be buff, not because swordsman DPs is weak, but for the enjoyment for being a swordsman.

so try to think of what other class will feel if swordsman being over buffed?