Tree of Savior Forum

Auto attack based wizard opinion

Hi, so I’m planning on making an auto attack based wizard, but I need opinion on my path

Wizard C1 -> Pyro C2 -> Thauma C1 -> Chrono C3

As for stats, I’m planning to go Full Int.

Pyro for Enchant Fire, Thauma for Swell Left Arm, and Chrono for Quicken.
I’m not sure whether basic attack from rod/staff take magic attack into account. Also, weapon like Wizard Sword that has both physical and magical attack, does it stack?

If you intend to go for a Staff / Rod build, you should invest in INT, since that boosts your magic attack, which is where those two weapons draw from. If you do, going Thaumaturge C3 is well woth considering because of Swell Brain.

Maybe read this thread and it’ll help you out:

Alternatively, if you intend to go for Chrono C3, for Quicken, take a look at this thread here:

Hope it helps you out!

Thanks for the info.

My question is now, would Quicken increase staff/rod attack speed?

Also, I just though of this, is it possible if I have a Con build wizard and take Thaumaturge for its Transpose, to switch between Int and Con.

Yup and yup!

Quicken increases attack speed with all forms of basic attack, so that works with rods and staves too.

If you build a full support Thaumaturge, you can very well go for full CON and Transpose, swapping for INT when needed, like if you intend to solo. Also note that Transpose has an activated attribute that makes the skill balance out INT and CON, so that allows you to be very tanky, to be full offensive or a perfect balance of both.

It’s advisable to go for full CON and transpose for INT when needed, and not the other way around, because if you go full INT and then swap, Transpose won’t fully heal you, which forces you to relly on a cleric or potions to get to full HP. Your idea is very solid and advisable, I think!

I see it as a way of being a supportive Thaumaturge and having a skill that makes you able to solo content. If you take Pyromancer, your Swell bonuses will increase each hit from the pyro skills, making your DPS relevant later on, I think. If I were to build a Thaumaturge, I’d go for that as well. Don’t forget your Arde Dagger!

After reviewing multiple posts, I changed my path to:

Wizard C1 -> Pyro C1 -> Linker C1 -> Thauma C1-> Chrono C3

My end game plan is to have Chrono C3 so I’m not going to have Thauma C3. I’m not sure whether Linker C2 is a better choice than what I have right now. If I pick Linker C2, I wont have Thauma C1.

Well, after the Linker nerfs, C1 lost a bit of its charm, but it’s still quite solid for a support class. And picking Thaumaturge for only 1 circle gives you 100% transpose uptime and +218 attack and magic attack. You lose out on the bonus to off-hand and Swell Brain (which is amaaaaazing), but gain all the bonus from Chrono C3, which are awesome as well.

It seems a solid build overall, allowing you to get a decent attack bonus and the benefit of Transpose for soloing, while giving you all the support kit of chronomancer. I see nothing wrong with that build!

Hi there!

Going for AA wiz as well as it seems like the best class to play with according to my playstyle(I wanted to go Rodelero because I love swords and shields but as of now I dont think I can make it an tanky dps maintaining sword and shield) Anyway. Just wanted your opinions on my planned build.

Im planning on going Wiz>Cryo>Linker>Thauma>Chrono>Chrono>Thauma(and later on thauma 3 for Rank 8 when it comes out I guess.

I just have a few questions though. I wanted to get pyro as well for enchant fire and easier early levelling but I dont know how big of a factor enchant fire is. Since im gonna get arde dagger later on. Wouldnt it be okay to invest in Cryo tree for Joint Penalty>Hangman’s knot>Freeze> then ROFLSTOMP with auto attacks? Im just thinking that enchant fire from pyro might not be that of a big deal later on but CC would still be useful for that combo. Planning on using Rod/Arde. Please do tell me anything that I need to know as Im very open to suggestions. :slight_smile:

Hello!

Going for Thauma c2 and Chrono c2 you miss out on the things that make those two classes great, I think. Missing 5 ranks on swell arms and swell brain really hurt thauma, and missing 2 ranks on quicken and haste and not getting pass hurt Chronomancer a lot. I’d say pick one and don’t use the other, even if it may sound too drastic. We don’t know when we’ll get Rank 8 and basing your build on that is a bit too risky.

I don’t see much benefit in picking cryo over pyro in this build, because cryo really shines as a c3, while pyro is fine as a c1 or c2. I feel like Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Thauma c3 > Pyro c2 / Featherfoot or, alternatively, Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Pyro c2 > Chrono c3 are the best options here. Both builds relly heavily on playing a supportive role later on in dungeons, and chrono might make you more sought after, while thauma offers you the versatility of becoming a glass cannon with transpose. It’s a matter of choice, really.

I see. You have so many valid points and I am reconsidering although I did already start out as cryo :frowning: but how about this… would it change anything if it was for pvp? I dunno Im just imagining linking and trying to cheap shot the enemy team with auto attacks that hit hard. Also if I get the chance to use Hangman’s knot then freeze with cryo skills, I would be able to attack freely. But I really do want to understand more. If you would still think that it may not be viable because there’s too much that I lose from not getting c3 of thauma or chrono then I would gladly reroll so that I can get it right lol

Well, since you already went for cryo, then there a few possibilities. Keep in mind though that rerolling is much better early on, the further you progress, the more rerolling will hurt. I’m not saying you have to reroll though, there are a lot of ways this can be worked around.

Usually for PvP, cryo c3 is the go to choice because of the crowd control presented by Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar, since bloodletting from Plague Doctor seems to prevent freezing from affecting teamates, making you pretty much useless in PvP unless you also get psychokino for the PP + Ice Wall combo.

I tend to think that Thaumaturge works better with Pyromance and Chronomancer works better with Cryomancer. I say this because thauma makes your attacks hit for more, and since most of pyro’s skills are multihit, it increases it hit making it deal a lot more damage. In the other hand, cryo has a more supportive kit, with a focus on cc, which is enhanced by chrono’s supportive skils. I myself am leveling a cryo c3 > chrono c3 right now for full support.

So yeah, cryo chrono will most likely make you a better support wizard, while pyro thauma gives you more diversity, allowing you to deal a ton of damage thanks to transpose and bonuses to multihit.

Nothing stops you from going pyro chrono or cryo thauma though. Pyro chrono is favored by some people since stop doesn’t get removed by ground effects, such as flame ground, from what I read in this forum, and pass makes you able to spam a great deal of fireballs in a short amount of time. Cryo thauma seems less beneficial though, since I don’t see much synergy there.

My point is that picking either cryo or pyro has its merits, but the path you take later changes a lot. Cryo damage falls short mid to end game, while pyro can hold its ground until that point and can probably remain relevant thanks to thauma buffs. This makes cryo a more supportive role, while pyro focuses more on damage.

So yeah, what I think is that going for thauma c2 > chrono c2 is the detrimental part here. Go to c3 with either one, but picking them both will severly hinder what makes both the classes great (swell brain and pass).