Tree of Savior Forum

Auto Attack (A2/QS3/x/x) Guide

You have more than enough levels to even out your stat distribution.

1:3 str:dex ratio isn’t gimped while leveling. It only falls off late game when you can get crit rate from gems and gear in large amounts and heavier undodgable magic damage makes evasion less useful.

So you’re fine. Put stats into str and don’t worry about it.

Updated some of the stats portion for now. Me so tired during the weekdays, but I want to go over skills next and what I think of each one. SOON TM?

Well my fear is confirmed. Stealth nerf on running shot. I don’t remember ktos mentioning about the change too.

This vid posted on jan shows at 1:00 doing 601/362 with Cafrisun and no running shot. The 362 comes from Cafrisun and it is very clear with it being constantly doing 362 at 3:37 onwards.

However if you look at the numbers with running shot on, you can’t find 362 at all.

What this means is at the point of that video, running shot 200% bonus dmg is treated similarly to element dmg(arde dagger etc etc) and is added to additional attack(cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire)

But in itos(and current ktos too), running shot 200% dmg is now itself “an additional attack” aka a new line of damage. Therefore the 200% running shot damage doesn’t boost cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire.

TL:DR from the vid I posted, it seems you get 200% * 4 if you have cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire. Now you can only get 200% because running shot is an additional attack and doesn’t interact with cafrisun,sacrament,enchant fire.

Question regarding Cafrisun set. Once I find an armor piece with > 12 elemental dmg should I dump the whole set?

yes lol honestly cafrisun is pretty ■■■■ if you don’t have something like arde as the dmg it add sucks unless you had that boost.

Yes cafrisun is useless now. The thing is there was no mention of this change in the patch note at all. So most people just follow ktos blindly without knowing why exactly are those players using cafrisun set.

When ktos players first found out running shot was good, it was because these additional attack each provide you 200% dmg. Which is gone now :frowning:

I wonder if it was a bug though, since I don’t remember ktos patch note mention of this change.

1 Like

Imo it was bugged. Priests still wear this set, but honestly I think Blessing is bugged too (it adds 170 to every attack, including elemental ones).

Can anyone show recently Korean TOS patch notes?

And 1.5 STR - 1 DEX is the way to go for AA build?

I dont see why its useless. They may have changed one QS skill, but the set per si is still good, you just need more elemtal damage to stack it up, like arde dagger, hair acessory with elemental attack, etc. sacrament + cafrisiun + enchant fire = ANY archer can hit 4 times with auto attacks. Put arde dagger and more elemental attack and all the hits will be pretty strong.

Honestly, Running Shot shouldn’t boost elemental or extra damage. If you look at the damage formulas, bonus damage is just stacked on at the end and is never multiplied.

It is probably a bug in coding that caused kToS to multiply the damage that was not really fixed, but side stepped by adding Running bonus damage kn a new line.

This change doesn’t hurt the math used in this thread since we never got into bonus damage and extra hits.

That said, end game archers don’t have many extra hits anyway. You probably aren’t using Cafrisun late game since you need the higher hp/def from late game sets. The meta Wizaed builds w3/e3 so you don’t have Enchant Fire. So Santc is probably the only extra hit you get.

Okay and now answer pls!

And also new question: Does Running shot + Swift Step grants you 119% movement speed while autoatacking? Or it does not stack this way and you still be 100%?

Almost every linker in game have pyromancer earlier, so you could get Enchant Fire a lot.

However, it has very little range and in practice when I play linker archers rarely get the buff, even if I try to move close to them they are often get out of range while casting animation.

But in good parties (premade ones) I guess its not the problem.

Is it possible to manually block with QS’ shield? I press the sub-weapon keybind and nothing happens.

No it’s not possible. There is an attribute form the QS master though that will give you a chance to block only ranged physical attacks and it gives an attack buff for it.

Man typing on phones sucks. I look at my post above and see the typos @_@

Still typing on phone so here goes.

Anyway, like i said, bonus damage shouldn’t interact with Running Shot that way anyway. So as long as you view it as a fix instead of a nerf, it is fine.

Now as for blocking as a QS, I’ve never been in a situation where I’d want to block. If you wish for a block, use your pavise skill. It doesn’t block AoE well, but it should block normal attacks.

As for Swift Step movement rate - you move at 119% of attack move speed. Basically you move very slowly when attacking and moving. If you have Swift Step up, you move slightly faster with Swift Step’s buff. Swift Step doesn’t boost normal walking speed.

Also, with running Shot active, you run at full speed while attacking. I’ll need to test if Swift Step boosts run speed while under the effects of Running Shot, but I doubt it.

You should insert the gear you have or would like to have end game and the amount of stats you will have for your level and put them into the excel. Find what works best for the stats you want for most dps/hp.

Crit is capped at 100%. While I was farming for collections on low-level maps yesterday I did a simple test.

Lvl 135 with 330 crit rate vs lvl29 mobs.
200 AA’s fired. 200 crits.
200 obliques fired. 400 crits. (I made sure 2 enemies were always present)

While it could be the case that I got extremely lucky, it’s very reasonable to believe that if 80% was the cap, at least one of those 400 crits wouldn’t have.

Out of curiousity I tried it on higher level maps.
Same exact results vs lvl65 mobs.

On a higher lvl map, crit missed once or twice out of every ten shots. This was visual, I didn’t bother counting cause I was satisfied enough with the result. I checked using the formula in the OP on a specific enemy (Cockat, lvl 109)
(330 - 50) x 42 / 135 = 87%.

So no, crit is not capped at 80%.

So i don’t understand. At first you said i will run at 119% mvmnt speed, and then you saying, that you need to test if SS works under effect of Running Shot.

There is move speed and attack move speed. You move very slowly when attacking. Swift Step moves you at 119% of attack move speed, which is honestly still slow.

Will need to record a video of myself running across a very straight part of a map under the effects of Running + Swift and without Swift to see if Swift actually makes a difference. I’m just lazy.

Why make it all complicated? We have just one movement speed.

With out SS it looks like you run ~60% of normal speed. And with SS = ~ 72% (19% of 60%). Not sure about 60%, just a guess.

You run 100% speed only with Running Shot, while shooting.

That would be nice, if you check, if those effects both increase speed.