Tree of Savior Forum

Attack speed affected by ping

Apologies for not providing specific information about the issue myself, but seeing as how this is an unresolved persisting problem which others have already described in detail, and which the developers have still failed to address, I will simply link other threads here. The reason I’m making a new one is the fact that the old topics are now closed and also the hope that the developers might place this issue higher on their priority list.

Full report on the issue and testing by NomNomCake: Attack speed affected by Connection Quality

A suggestion by joaoalmeidarx that I’m sure we would all love to see implemented: Attack Speed not dependent on internet ping

I acknowledge that I have no understanding of how the intricacies of the attack speed system in ToS work or how much work it would take to find a solution to better the gaming experience of people with higher ping, and I thank the people mentioned above for already discussing this issue. I’m personally extremely frustrated by the attack speed “cap” that my ping(~130-250ms) places on my QS3 and find myself just wanting to abandon the archer class altogether. Attack speed buffs make no noticeable difference apart from the grunts and moans by my character every other attack or so as she desperately tries jerking her crossbow in hopes of shooting another arrow but is met with a blank instead.

9 Likes

I also hope they make this a priority soon as it has been an issue from the start. Even just being on the west coast of the US makes auto attack builds feel lackluster in comparison to when I lived on the east coast.

I will second this. Very frustrating watching videos of other players attack twice as fast as i can. They look like they are having lots of fun. I want to have lots of fun.

they have to do some major ■■■■ and re build their netcode from the ground up to fix this unfortunately

i think the game runs its combat actions server sided, thats why you get all this rubber banding with high ping, compared to most games these days which run actions client side, but calculate the outcome(damage dealt etc.) server side

considering they planned to release the game globably then failed to implement a fair system for players with varying connections, i can only guess that IMC’s netcode developers were just incompetent.