Tree of Savior Forum

Are youserious IMC? Fan art event?

Nobody in this topic said that it will take time away from the programmers fixing stuff. That isn’t the case. The issue is if the game will be worth playing after we see how IMC will handle this exploit issue. If it is handled in a bad way, then entering the contest for the chance of winning TP would be pointless. I do enjoy art myself and I am considering making something, but my only concern is if it will just be for fun or for the chance of winning and staying around to play. If it is just for fun, then I may as well keep it to myself or draw something more appealing to me.

And @scarethemonkeys you are good at drawing! I like them all but the first one is my favorite.

I’m just going to hate on the event for having a prize that is 10x less of what I usually make with the same amount of time.

Unless they’re giving it out to everyone that participate. If this is a “top 3/5” thing then topkek.

1 Like

The first one? You mean, the sketch or the actual first one of the non ToS related Lol. And thanks~

As far as things go; The exploits, and hacks don’ really bother me. This is just something I spend massive amounts of free time on but, it’s just a game. Besides there is no real competition here. No real raids to be the best at, no pvp to be the best at. It’s all just to kill a few mobs quicker. (Arena all gear will be standardized anyways) shrug I’m just very passive but I’m also old enough that I don’t let little things bother me so much.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

300tp sure but there’s more to it then that. Regardless If I do submit my work it’s not to win. It’s to join in the community with something not Toxic like 98% of the posters here in these forums.

1 Like

1 Like

He/She does have some pretty amazing style. :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to seeing what else the community can post up.

haukinyau pls there are other artists better than me mapo i cHOOSE YO

5 Likes

3 Likes

But you have some awesome suppa duppa works as well!! ;3
In fact… I really wouldn’t be able to choose between you two!! x3

There’s a huge difference in temptation in getting artists to actualy draw a superb piece and getting them to just puke out sketches.

Drawing requires time and time is a currency for investment. If I have to pick between working on something like this

Or half-ass something like this

You can easily guess which one a 15$ prize pool is going to get.

1 Like

This thread is so stupid I cant even…

Guess that’s the thing about being an Artist, what you find “puke” someone else may find beautiful. It’s more then just the prize. Iirc your drawing becomes a loading screen too. I could have read that wrong. I don’t expect to win, but to see the creativity flow amongst it’s players, is a great thing. The only “puke” I’ve really encountered in ToS is most of the vocal player base.

I… actually like the one you considered to be half-assed. That kind of painterly style is not too uncommon. Although the first one has a lot more details and looks more “complete”, the second one is not exactly bad either.

I would call the 2nd one a style difference if anything… art is weird like this I guess.

Yeah lol You and me were thinking the same thing.

hey, I’m glad IMC is paying attention to their fanartist community. a lot of really talented and nice people who love the game enough to draw for it.

Timely art block but I’ll def participate if I can. (if I’m not too busy playing transistor heh)

i think i have to stop looking at this beautiful fan arts of you guys. it discourages me to continue my fan art for the event xD. btw is it required to add a subject on the title? :o

A little something I’m sketching around with while I wait for a DPD2 pt or Bee pt…Not sure how I can tie it into ToS Lol

@gwa_pao don’t let others art make you feel less of your own. You do you and own it! On a side note; all the information is in the News feed that tells you where to post it and such.

PS: Someone log on in Klaipeda and make a DPD2 or bee group!

Sincerely,
Cathedral

4 Likes

Im in love with the Fan Art community and there are a lot of talented and dedicated artist in the fansite section… so i don’t see

However… doing such an event would only back fire due to the numerous unaddressed fixes or plans for the bugs and exploits/exploiters.They only started addressing this yesterday when this exploits and bugs have been here for like a month or two… and all they did was sweep it to one corner and hope no one sees it…until now…

I was a gray/rainbow knight once… now i ditched the suit of armor, shield and stuff and just go plain naked…picked up a “This game is dead” and follow the rest of the doomsayers going…

Then again… coming back to the forum is fun… i get a kicked out of it reading some post…

2 Likes