Tree of Savior Forum

Are we getting fewer players?

the game expierence at first was fantastic.
I remember when you had to get a party to kill quest bosses - that was amazing.

things that killed this game are:

1. no trade of silver between players - just not fitting into my head why it was a good idea to penelize real player in order to battle bots… there are better ways to deal with that - banning both parties for RMT, or tracking transactions where only silver was transfered.
  2. token restrictions of basic QoL at the beginning.
  3. item potential loss on trade
  4. no in-game reset or proper class balance
  5. leticia cube
  6. insane number inflation too soon.

There is not a whole lot that this game can do to revert the numbers anymore. most of people who cared quit and are not looking back.
But one way to deal with this would be: Enable silver trading, remove transcendance system, squish numbers and make game harder. Balance every class to be viable (good start would be, to balance each circle so it is good on its own, and then figure out how to balance some OP combinations of those).

For me transcendence system is all good now the only problem is the enhancement system. People keep getting +20 +40 and its throwing the game off balance. Just remove the enhancement system and everything will be easier to balance.

2 Likes

The system is fine, it’s just the cap that needs to be lowered.

1 Like

contrary to most people, i find myself to be spending more for this game as time passes.

Fixed it for you :smile:

I’m happy for you… Although i have personally been spending on other games lately and even buying gaming gears to enhance my experience

On topic I do feel excited about Archer rework and how it’ll be at par in due time, seems a lot of changes for now which should keep everyone busy for a while

1 Like

It’s a repetitive thing with our population, but it’s been straining more and more. Everyone’s waiting for that big fix but like people have mocked it’s gonna take a while.

An update happens, people come back, few stay then leave. Whether it’s just the class builds and not having the freedom our game lacks a lot more depth in comparison to other competitive MMOs.

We have balance issues everywhere. PvE can be pointless because it’s extremely casual and lack luster, there’s too little variety in terms of challenge and we scale extremely high for a non interactive experience. PvP is highly imbalanced due to classes, fundamental mechanics and interactions with one another, and a frustrating gear curve. Both are casual and almost non-existent compared to competitive MMOs.

Velcoffer is very easy when you get past the gear curb and basic understandings.

One-shotting in PvP is non interactive, there are tons of skills that do not follow principle of game design, logic or balance.

90% of our game does no matter, quests, items, equipment, and the variety of our maps where you literally only have to visit like what 6 or 7 to get to 360?

The fact that our company IMC promotes gambling as a shortcut for progression, while us as an international server does not have the common protections that Japan or Korea has against Pachinko styled cash grabs.

RNG enhancement is the worst, and it’s an insult to anyone competitive. I applaud every Savior that’s left because they want to prevent themselves from that frustration. While we have a cash shop taking advantage of those frustrations and exploits its player-base’s impulses.

There’s an extensive class system that everyone loves but it’s one of the hardest things for them to deal with in terms of balance and we SHOULD have freedom to experience our builds… Games like WoW, Guild Wars, Tera ALL let you venture into adjusting your classes for a variety of content creating a better expedience for their player base. The amount of times I’ve heard that IMC is shooting their-selves in the foot or why there isn’t a rank reset, is ridiculous and this is from at least 50 people. That is not an exaggerated number and that’s sadly relatively a lot if you compare it to our population.

Hell, we don’t even have the freedom to trade one another, without having to pay 10 dollars every 30 trades. List goes on and on and on and on and on and on. It is painstakingly clear why our population is small and dwindles.

What we do have, is a pretty solid foundation but even that is constantly being reworked and us who are sitting through the ride with IMC feel that fatigue. There are handful of people that are happy with the game, it’s enjoyable in terms of conceptual design and music, but most games are. There’s a pretty good community whether people have differences or not and no matter how you look at it, it is small.

The team is working constantly on a lot of issues and it’s not just solved with one thing. They’ve been trying to optimize and to me that’s the most important priority that allowed us to finally have a chance of Territory Wars or just a better experience in general.

Like many I disagree with a lot of IMC’s directions and a lot of their designs, like enhancement. IMC is working though, they higher people to directly communicate with us rather than just ignoring the player base. However if you take Arena(dot)net or other big name companies into play their player company relations they will blow IMC outta the water.

Even if my foots out the door IMC is trying and I do not want to see Tree of Savior fail.

12 Likes

Limiting the enhancement is a really good idea. Limit it to +16 or something around that and make chances lower a bit. say 100% to 5, then 80%, 75%, 60%,50%, 35%, 20%, and then 10% for +12 and up.
Make it so it does not downgrade and only consumes potential. and you get a better enhancement system.

so you would see almost everyone being able to get to +11, and very rare getting that +16.
Make +11 be white glare and +16 being red for bragging rights.

5 Likes

There has been an obvious solution since 1995 in online video game, set difficulty as easy, normal, hard, very hard like other games?

ToS suffers from the typical korean mmo system of RNG upgrades and also having way too many ways to enhance your gear.
Any and all excitement of getting a new piece of loot is nullified by the fact that you can even use your shiny new weapon without first anviling it, ichoring it, transcending it, gemming it, awakening it.
It’s just too much in my opinion.
I play some other games where I kill a raid boss and if loot drops I can equip it and use it, simple and effective.

5 Likes

pretty much this.
some tried>failed>quit, some don’t even have the mean to do all of that.
the frustration in gearing up is just way too much.
it’s too much to the point that players say “■■■■ this, i’m not gonna bother gearing up my chars”
then they got nothing to do and afk>quit.

3 Likes

I cannot agree more. It seems you have stated every bit of emotion I have towards the game.

Well said, very well said and articulated.

Everyone reading this thread should read this guy’s reply.

To be honest, it was the player base that asked for an easier game, over and over and over. I was here in 2016, I read all the threads. And all those people that asked for an easier game, have quit. Pretty sure of that. What I got out of that? Creative shouldn’t listen to fans. Ever.

1 Like

I feel like we need more ‘social features’ if we wish to retain people while waiting for major updates.

I don’t mind them making the game easier in early levels, but I hope they increase the difficulty of monsters in higher levels.

I disagree. Early game is way too easy now, to a point you don’t even have to play it: player got buffed, monsters did not, and you have that idiotic rookie pack to make it even easier. It was tedious maybe two years ago, but now it’s ridiculously easy. Early game needs to be balanced between the two.

On the other side, I feel the end game pretty much balanced if you are equipped correctly. It’s still a challenge for poorly equipped characters, and you’ll find it “too easy” only if you’ve cheezed +40 weapons for your character. Looking at the difficulty curve, expect the next batch of content to be harder too, because monster difficulty seems to increase faster than character improvement.

3 Likes

For me the difficulty of the early game is not a problem as long as they don’t increase the number of monsters in areas / increase the number of monsters you can lure. Now we can grind to level up instead of doing boring quests, but there are many places where there is not enough monsters (if you compare it to Demon District 2 for exemple). They need to do an overall of the whole game (IA sucks hard), that’s not possible, they already have issues to fix bugs which are existing since CBT1.

I disagree, there’s a good reason why PoE, WoW, GW and hell even Runescape is surviving successfully because of their ability to communicate and produce with its fans. OSRS came back and updates are used with voting polls, Vanilla wow is starting up again. Regardless good games are successful because of it’s foundations of design and the team’s abilities to execute.

You consumer is an important part. The fact that your characters became UNPLAYABLE to survive was not a healthy gaming environment for Tree of Savior. People left before the changes, that’s the nature of games, people move on, there were tons of frustrations everywhere. However the combat update was successful on bringing back a handful of players. Sadly the magic of monsters and PvE was stripped away.

Fatigue is also really common with reworks. These last 6 months have had an overwhelming change to the economy, due to equipment, the release of R9 and unidentified gears and drop rates.
A small complaint from a few players that quit the game in my guild recognized that they couldn’t just farm a small amount of cash with 315 weapons. Sure the prices will go down, but the market was completely overthrown by CMs overproducing the materials and plenty of newer gear causing their irrelevance. Foundations are constantly being stripped with every attempt and IMC is forced between fixing, producing, and reworking. Is it ill-relevant? Somewhat, but it’s not pointless because everything adds up to a player deciding if they’ll quit and a lot of these things are overlooked.

World bossing is a better example, over scaling without adjusting rewards keep a lot from trying to attempt it after the Dopple-bug fix. I loved world bossing before the Monarch update, there was competition on locating the boss, trying to compete and get rare drops, I’ve built my world boss accessory set because it was great hardcore content that added a lot to the economy. It’s changed now and our population rarely does it or do I rarely see the value of the materials anymore.

You consumer is the lifeblood of your game, you don’t have to bend to it, you have to work with it. I’ll enjoy some patches on these big MMOs and hate others. But I played them because they were a very well designed game, had great customer service and devs that showed that they cared. IMC’s not all of it but they are improving and they do care about their game.

A good example of IMC listening to their player base is transmogrifying your weapon skins, re-skinning your weapons as most will call for. Something that adds value to certain skins, something that allows customization was desired by many and myself for just wanting to make a weapon we like using look the way they want. This is a good example of IMC working with their player base. It’s a communal effort with in IMC and their players.

4 Likes

There are literally 0 ads, chinese meme budget games manage to have more population of tos just by that.
Stop making up strange films in your head tbh.
PoE has ads. Wow has ads, GW has ads, Lol has ads.
Fresh blood runs the game not the veterans.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no marketing, but advertise a piece of poop, it’s still a piece of poop. Eventually people are going to leave on that. No point is too big or too small in the current state of this game’s development, and that’s what these forums are for, discussing issues, answering questions, promoting content and obviously trolling. Some are niche, some are nit picky, some is just a dabble of fun.

But the community asked for OSRS, and Vanilla WoW, they would not be there if the community didn’t ask or fight for it.

However, you are absolutely right about advertisement, and it plays a big role in any product’s success.

1 Like

The game needs to be pushed over to a publisher, a publisher that knows what the western market wants, who will then push that onto the developer to make the relevant changes, and will know how to advertise it. The game is becoming far too Korean to appeal to the western market.