Tree of Savior Forum

Are we getting fewer players?

Wait did I hear someone say they want a publisher

2 Likes

There are a few things though.

1. Steam integration or not? How will publishers handle different regions?

2. Cheats, GMs etc in non-NA regions, what would happen? Look at idTOS state as example. That may include IP region locks, would you block all non-NA players from Klaipeda for example?

3. Also… about advertisement. IMC know about it, they’re not as dumb to have never even thought of this. Many people talked about it to them as well.

Then a subtle question comes: “When is it better to advertise the game? Now or in future when we finish some planned milestones?”

“Would advertising the game before they reach these goals endanger the success of future advertising?”

4 Likes

As long as they don’t put the higher effort on Facebook advertising (cause it is totally messed up there), any kind of advertising is fine.

I guess now, if we look back at the begining of the game, early R7… that was not a good time for advertising. But now, with such changes that happened and a more consolidated endgame content (PvE perspective), the game have more than enough game content for new players, they can start a heavy advertising campaign to grab new players and increase the numbers.

Staff now have to realize that they NEED to do that. I wonder why they are not doing it. Are they relying on their community? The same that is almost complaining all the time and demanding a full game revamp every now and then?

2 Likes

Pretty much. Actually… remember they added an in-game poll to gather opinion on how we think they should try to advertise the game and gave many options?

Are they maybe… planning it already?!

If I had to guess, that might be why they’re pushing R10 already ( ? ).

3 Likes

Yeah, I kinda feel it too. But I can’t complain haha my OCD was pleased with that announcement, can’t wait to see all classes and circles finished.

I can see they are trying hard to improve the game, all these balance patch are proofs of that. They need to start advertising it more now, alongside these balances.

I really think that now we have minor issues to fix with classes, I think most of them are really solid now

2 Likes

Meet cute single Storage Keepers in your area…

11 Likes

That was the strategy at the start of the game xD

I remember there were boobs everywhere even the Launcher has some :smile:

1 Like

i don’t mind the easier game, i was able to make more character than i usually do in mmo’s (which is just 1)

but yes, i do think some people are easily bored when the game becomes too easy for them… tbh i really dont know what most people are after when they play games like these…

like 30% of new players i met goes like
elo, welcome to tos pls play the story quests for immersion
“oh this so hard”
guides them on fast leveling
“wth this so easy”
take some time to stop and smell the roses by playing the main quests, it will help you in the long run
“i’m bored already”
player is never to be seen again…

4 Likes

Those are things for a publisher and IMC to figure out.

Nexon and IMC are partnered, so they seem like the natural direction for a publisher.

There’s no Nexon SA, for example. Some regions could get bad publishers. We’re not sure if like, Nexon would publish the game globally or not, what are the terms etc.

Some publishers might hurt the game more than help, let’s just say that one of biggest servers is SA, then you lock that behind “LUG” publisher people complained a lot before (search for those very old topics), you can manage to kill more than half of future possible playerbase and make some versions go mad on P2WIN practices.

Then we have very old players playing in different regions due to their friendship circles, then your publisher only accepts a contract where you get IP restrictions.

The list of things that can go better or worse are huge.

Decisions… decisions… decisions… When I compare ToS with other games I played that had publishers it’s great actually when it comes to me as user.

Like, players are actually close to IMC staff, they solve account issues pretty fast most of time. Most support things are fine too.

In the end, allowing IMC to have their own schedule could allow them to develop the game into a better state in the future instead of like, having to cater to everyone’s pressure (ktos, itos, jtos, idtos etctos).

Everything has 2 sides, unless they magically find a great publisher I honestly think the chance of it going worse is high.

4 Likes

Exactly, and more of the same doesn’t seem to be working at this point, so trying something new at least could breath new air into a game that is hemorrhaging players slowly.

I’d rather take a chance than leave the game to almost certain doom.

That’s not how everyone sees it though.

Quick reality check: Get someone who quit 1 year ago then returned and ask about current state of the game (mechanic wise). You’ll be impressed on how much they “oh, this is convenient”, “this is better”.

Of course there are a LOT of things to improve. But let’s be honest here, if you put options on a balance.

Current IMC trend is to improve, slowly but improving. It can fail due to being too late.

Getting a publisher won’t do magic. You get funds but you get shorter schedules and more external variables just when they’re getting more things right.

I honestly think the extra fund from publishers won’t make IMC skip the time needed to plan, design and implement features. So while they have lower funds without a publisher, I think the chance of it working at its current state is higher.

Maybe getting publishers could be an option to help advertising on future but I really don’t think you can make any magic right now even with a really good one. So the risks are high for low gain :x

1 Like

well since everyone who came back is giving their take on this thread, I’ll give mine as well:
when I quit tos more than a year ago was because there weren’t many things to do.
the entire gating thing is horrendous, the "3 dungeons a day"was literally the only thing to do, and the character limit being only 4 (5 now) was horrible, especially if you played with classes that needed a mount or a pet.
anyway, I quit because the game was always like “log on, do something you have to do daily (saalus and dungeons), then log out”

I think the game still needs to evolve a lot in order to be good, and I honestly have no issue spending my money on a game that I like, like buying costumes and everything else.
however, right now I feel kinda forced to buy things like Leticia’s cube for all those CM reset vouchers and other things that skip daily cooldowns and those stuff, which I don’t think is a good thing for the game long-term.

It just feels like a “f2p” game that requires you to be constantly paying money if you don’t want to do something else other than sit in klaipeda and roleplay for the rest of the day after only 30 mins of gameplay. Honestly? Having a token should allow you to run dungeons permanently, and reduce CM entrance timer to 1 hour.

BFA pre patch lands tuesday, the same day the next leticia cube comes out. I’m still considering if I’ll just play both wow and tos, or if I’ll take another break from TOS in hopes of the game getting better when I come back next year.

Edit: just to add, that Bernice dungeon is really a step in the right direction, I want to see more things like that

1 Like

Stopped reading there

Wow, its dwindling, the player base.
Im new, the game is fun. What can i say more?
Would not recommend it… And im not sure if its worth of time. Tos demands a ■■■■ load of time, and gives nothing back.

1 Like

gives nothing back

Guys, if you find a mmorpg that gives me a salary, count me in

Here: streaming sites.

Have fun with your creativity. (Saddly it seens that its not your strength sweety)

Why are you talking about salary? Are you trying to be witty? You clearly lack intelligence to pull this off.

It’s a video game. Giving back means being worthy of your time in terms of everything that relates to video games. Fun, challenge and many other things.

2 Likes

saddly
seens

Guess english ain’t yours.

@Boatshagger why am I getting enjoyment? Oh, right, a thing called “personal taste” exists. You don’t like this game, but instead of leaving it to play with another toy you just DEMAND that it gets shaped just the way YOU want it, because YOU are important and YOUR opinion is the only one that exists, so all the players think like that.

I really wonder what happened to people recently. The internet is some bad venom.

Why don’t you guys leave niche games with a niche target to their niche playerbase and go play those sweet AAA games that cater to your needs?

True, it’s not. Lmao.
But I could guess that my native language isnt yours too.

Anyways enjoy your life, toxic person.

P.s: if something is bad, it must change so it can be enjoyable to the maximum number of people. That’s how business works.
Dont ignore the fact that tos has fail in it’s first two weeks. That the hype is over and the current turtle steps are not enough to save it.

Also, if you are not pro change. You are part of the problem.

Kisses