Tree of Savior Forum

Are there still Int Chaplains out there?

As the title indicated. If you are one of the brave ones remaining, please share your skill and stat build. Responses would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Probably none left, since SPR scales much better and offers more benefits than just attack.

There is literally no reason to go INT with priest3 and 15 blessing due to SPR scaling.

Still Int (Chaplain / Kabba / Inqui), gonna do some tests this evening.

1 Like

My fear exactly.:frowning: what’s your current build now @Remiri and how is it faring so far?

I am at work so I have yet to test things, but from all the data and posts out there I am safe to pronounce INT Chaplain dead as a door nail.

The good news is that SPR much better, and Chaplains are buffed overall in this patch.

Spr/Str Chaplain Hybrid hits like a â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  truck,so no worrys.

int base chap not really death, still have huge damage on aspergillum 483% full attribute, magnus and exoc.
If with sadhu transmit prana more great on aa(I think)

but i can’t test it right now .still got a lot other combination cause me interest to test it

Int has an ideal average of 2.5 matk per point. Let’s say you have 400 int. (Bit too high probably) = 1000 matk. x 483% = 4830 dmg on aspergillum.
Technically it’s higher than that since it also lowers mdef effectiveness. But I can’t calculate that with the 0.x shennagins of IMC yet.

But assuming you have lvl 15 blessing, spr adds:
(([Skill Level] / 5) Ă— ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)) x enhance.
15/5 x ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9) x 1.5
3 x 1.5 x ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)
4.5 x ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)

For example, 400 spr ^ 0.9 = 220. 220 x 4.5 = 990 bonus dmg. (blessing would get more of spr equips and base value, but an int chap could get those as well. )

Plus an int chap can just get blessing/sacrament of pardoners. Hence int does beat it out slightly, just not in the sp/sp regen department.

And it gets a bit more difficult to compare when you consider that skill points are likely to be used differently. Int doesn’t need blessing per se. But spr will want a max blessing. Both should grab max aspersion though.

Int will also obviously need better gear to work, and still should build towards proper matk scaling skills afterwards. (pd2/sadhu2+ etc)

Spr’s bonus dmg applies to any hit, making it far more versatile for any hybrid role.

But to be frank, stats don’t really matter that much, or at least not for chaplain, atm. Since a proper pimped out rod/hammer can reach 5k matk if not higher. Combine that with a maxed aspergillum 483% skill factor + enhance and it will deal far more dmg than any stat can add.

With the obvious caveat that dex still needs to properly tested for its attack speed bonus. It may be a lot better depending on how large that bonus is.

And apparently I should state the obvious again, Always take Remiri’s advice with several truckloads of salt.

He has never cared for being correct, or for giving helpful advice. He just wants to play pretend that spr chaplain is awesome (and it actually is atm) but will proclaim as such regardless of the current state of balancing.

And he always gets angry when I have to point that out. Giving advice is not about placating your own feelings mate.

Edit, int = 2.5 on average. fixed it

2 Likes

Okay, relax you two, ok?:slight_smile: I admire you both as Chaplain veterans. Can I ask for advice though? I want your opinions on (and Wurmheart I probably mentioned this before) this build I have in mind: C3>P3>Chap>Inq, with a Spr-Int stat build. Not sure yet what a good mix would be, but I was originally thinking 2:1 (diMeow advised me to get at least 250 Spr).

Skill build is: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/s051ahdylq/

Highly value your opinions @Wurmheart and @Remiri.:slight_smile:

What’s the point for a SPR/STR Chaplain ? Rather than a full SPR I mean.

I have test full INT (was full INT since day one), and 2SPR/1DEX, just to look at attack speed.
I don’t think it’s worth it even if the difference is visible, Low DEX could (max peta + minimum investment)

Personnaly I prefer full INT, it boost every spell (cure, heal, malleus, magnus, aspersio).
But yeah you are less an auto attacker than a full SPR without spell like magnus (or malleus if you don’t play inqui).

The ONLY boost SPR gives is a better blessing (double or triple from INT)
So it favors trying to play with 5 lines and it will be better in party of course.

Well SPR also scales with Aspersion (and so Aspergillium) and Sacrament (and so Last Rites) as well.:slight_smile: I do agree though that STR for Clerics would be a bit odd.

Nah there’s no “scalling” on SPR for Sacrament and so Last Rites.
It’s a flat increase not on the additionnal damage but only on the holy property attack.
So with 400 SPR you gain +800dmg : 400 for sacrament line and 400 for last rites line.
I think it’s a bit weak (and requires to have 15 points in sacrament, hard with all the point you need in Priest)

But maybe I’m wrong somewhere, for Last Rites I don’t really understand the impact of sacrament, it’s not in the formula…

Additional holy property atk = gives a new line, damage is only for that line.
Holy property atk = buffs damage for every line.

Int Chaplain, from my limited tests, outdamages SPR Chaplain by herself. Significantly.

But the thing is, a SPR chaplain is a party character. The high spirit helps a ton for the supportive aspects, and THAT is where SPR really shines. In a party, SPR Chaplain seems better to me, flat out.

Heals are better with INT, Sacrament and Aspersion are always bought from shop (at least before patch) for everybody.
So SPR is just for blessing, but yeah it’s imba on party :slight_smile:

Chap druid here since forever and I realy like this build.

Just tested both full spr and full int.

Attributes: Aspersion lvl 90, Carnivory lvl 70 and Magnum lvl 70.

AA:

SPR: total per hit: 21,7k

INT: total per hit: 19,5k

Carnivory:

SPR: 8,5k per hit

INT: 10,2k per hit

Magnum:

SPR: 7,1k per hit

INT: 7,2k per hit

So for now with INT I trade -2,2k per hit in AA for +1,7k per hit in carnivory… Magnum is the same…

Basicaly, not really a difference…

Since I can get a little more dmg from attribute lvl and monster gems with INT and I can get better sacrament and blessing from pardoners, I’ll stick with INT for now.

3 Likes

You can’t - pardoners don’t give you the blessing attribute, which is a 50% bonus. But that’s only relevant for party play, really.

Nice damage.
What’s your weapon ?

It’s a bit weird, my Magnus was doing more damage with INT (C2/P3/Chap/Kabba/Inqui).

I don’t know druid very well, you gain something on auto attack with Druid ?

Besides INT/SPR discussion, I’m also asking myself about weapons, with my build I don’t see any point running a Mace when you can get a Rod. Do you know if the new formula with %atk take in account both m.atk and p.atk for some skills ?

Better than mine with full int, I mean… wich is 881 bless 100 sacrament