Tree of Savior Forum

Arde Dagger Drop Chance 5% for real or joke?

129 run i got Dagger! Happy :slight_smile:

I want to join the rant!
60 runs and no Arde~

Thanks for all the 100+ no arde reports, made me feel a tiny bit better.
Doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m lv180 and not holding an arde and could really use one, but watevs, better suffer together.

[quote=ā€œdeanleroy89692, post:144, topic:185577, full:trueā€]
hm. I never tried it out despite all the hype. I can automatically think of anything more useful to me for 750k silver than an Arde Dagger. I like getting them though. I have gotten 5 Arde Daggers but only one beetleback.
[/quote]The only thing I can think more useful for my Monk is roxona stuff, and I can get the boots cheaper than an arde as long as I can afford a Complex Gear :dizzy_face:

Plus Orsha has them at 1.2m now. Wth yo

Iā€™ve been running the dungeon with 3 alts now and I have probably way over 100 runs, Iā€™ve gotten 6 beetleback recipes and today finally got 1 arde. My luck with rng sucks always so itā€™s no wonder, still annoying me to hear people getting them easily lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Currently level 242.
Been doing arde runs since 90.
Letā€™s say ive been doing runs for about 30 days now.
303=903(rolls) 270 attempts
I have yet to get a dagger.
And thats just my attempts on one of my characters.

I still believe you are a whiny little baby who is upset about not getting her way.

Did you seriously type this?

Suncus Maul is 1% chance and Arde dagger is 5%, apparently. If we no neither of these for sure why are you basing one percentage off another? Lol?

And there is no way the drop chance is less than 5% considering how many people have them and how many are on the market. Nonetheless a rare item is a rare item, not everybody is going to get them, 5% is not high, but not super low either.

If you want to play a game where you can have all the best gear and be super powerful in like no time so you can complain about having nothing to do anymore, go play a single player RPG, you can usually beat them in like 20-60 hours lol

Oh come on, arde dagger isnt a big deal when you hit lvl170+. Move on and go get yourselves stronger instead on whinning and ranting on how you cant get an arde dagger. Such incompetency cause you want to get stuck on being a lowlevel owls.

I got 3 arde for less than 20 runs in 2 accounts. 100+ runes after that glorious 3 arde, i only get talt and card

Drop rate feels like 5% for me. Ran the dungeon around 40+ time and got 2 arde daggers out of it.

Wow. First Iā€™ll say this. Iā€™m pretty sure you are just a troll.

Second Iā€™m pretty sure you never ran that dungeon 270 times.

Lastly, it would help if you even bothered to read anything in this thread, obviously, you come here telling us some fairy tale and we are suppose to believe you.

Just for your information everyone that posted have gotten Arde Dagger, including myself. So we can all agree to ignore your 270 attempts that never happened because, obvious lie are obvious.

Now maybe we can get some real peoples stats instead of trolls stats.

Thank You.

You dont know sarcasm?:smiling_imp:
The % is from:

and i played 2 Years FFXI 2003-05 with
Worldboss respawn Timer 24-48h random.
Happy farming for your Bow.

get a 1000 people to flip a coin a 1000 times, youā€™ll have people getting heads 99% of the time and anything in between. thatā€™s what chance is. just that, chance, nothing is guaranteed when youā€™re talking about chance in percentages

man, youā€™re simply missing the element of luck.
not just because you ran them gazillion times doesnā€™t mean you deserve to get one. its luck. some people even get it on their first box. well, theyā€™re lucky, youā€™re not. i dun get why you whine.

and im not really sure since i didnā€™t really read the whole post. but if you spent silvers for more box rolls. then you should have just spent it to buy the dagger from other players.

and also. i love talts. since i use them as silvers to trade to other players.

Iā€™ve always had incredibly bad luck when it comes to RNG.
Been playing several hours a day since the servers opened.
And youā€™re right I never ran the dungeon 270 times, because I also NEVER said I ran it 270 times. I said that I did around 90 times, which are cumulative between multiple charactersā€¦
Clearly you do not know how to read or do simple math.
Go back to school kid.

Remember 90 runs = 90 cubes. Cubes can be rolled two additional times. In case the multiplication went way over your head that is 90+90+90 which equals to 270.
To make it even simpler for you I could assist you in counting to 270 one by one?

So Iā€™m Suppose to believe you wasted 60k * 90 or 5.4m on re-rolling a level 90 dungeon while being 240+ in levels?

And that you never ran any others dungeons in-between 90-240 levels.

I know how to read but sadly your story is WAY too far fetched to even hold any kind of tangibility or credibility.

I suppose Iā€™m stupid since I continue to feed troll, obviously you try to add wrong data just by the way you speak, it is clear to me you are either lying or trying to get some attentions.

Again as trolls are good at, you start calling peoples kids. Maybe you should look in a mirror before speaking?

If you are getting that angry with a game, maybe you should give yourself a time and play another thing for a while. Then you come back only to farm this dagger.

Iā€™m pretty sure it isnā€™t 5% flat. Most game have been using the ā€œsmart RNGā€ method, which means, actually you would have 1% (maybe less) opening the first box, then you have 2% on the 2nd box, 3% on the 3rd, and so on, until you get the item and reset. Itā€™s estimated to be 5%, but technically thereā€™s no exact value. The thing is, it resets daily (or weekly but my bet is on daily basis) which means you would get 3 boxes a day, so if you stack all your boxes, around 20~30 your chances to get Arde Dagger will increase exponentially, if you open 30 boxes in different days youā€™d have a lesser chance. My friend did the stacking method and he has already 2 Arde Daggers, while I got none, so far only 1 lucky recipe and 2 cards. Weā€™ve been testing since weā€™ve realized this ā€œsmart RNGā€ method, that also explains why thereā€™s an overpriced ā€œtry againā€ button, which means you can try your luck after youā€™ve already opened a few boxes, cause the chance will be higher each time. Iā€™m just saying how this method works, I canā€™t confirm any specific number, they donā€™t have any flat chance, at least a lot of games have been avoiding it to kill the RNG frustration a little bit and I think ToS pretty much works the same way with their RNG. Inb4: SPECULATION.

EDIT: If it was an actual 5% flat, itā€™d be too easy, and everyone would have Arde Dagger by simply rushing a couple times. By making RNG working like this itā€™s less likely that people will have Arde Dagger because itā€™s less likely that people stack their boxes to get an actual good chance. Most people will open their boxes every day resetting the ā€œsmart RNGā€ back to ā€œ1%ā€ every day, making it SO MUCH DIFFICULT to have solid Arde Dagger drops. The ones that get it on their first run are indeed very lucky, but thereā€™s no such thing as ā€œunluckyā€ in math if you try something out with solid methods, RNG will always bring a solid result.

1 Like

What is the actual chance to have someone flipping heads 100 times out of 100 attempts, having 50% chance on each attempt? Iā€™m not good at math but I know some basic concepts. I think thatā€™s the thing, if it was 100 different things and you had to drop the number 99, then youā€™d have 1% to get the number 99 out of 100. But how can you determine the chance of someone beating the 50% in a streak over 100 times. Whatā€™s the actual chance? Thatā€™s why if 1.000.000 people try to flip heads 100 times, 1.000.000 people would have the average of 50% for heads on the coin flip, thatā€™s how RNG naturally works.

I have attempted the other dungeons while progressing. Which is how I got my sissel recipe. Like I said I also did attempts on my alts.
You seem to keep ignoring parts of the things I have stated just to fuel your own ignorant argument.

I have also noticed that you seem to add plurals to words that are already plural and adding the letter ā€œsā€ to the end of words that canā€™t have it. Not to mention all your comma splices.

I am a kid at heart. I agree with you. Youā€™re so cute for getting upset about it though :slight_smile:

Rerolling is quite the trap. That triple talt for 1million (500k per reroll if you canā€™t math) on Mirtis I saw in a video was fairly disgusting haha.