Tree of Savior Forum

Arde Dagger Drop Chance 5% for real or joke?

UPDATE Might as well leave the thread alive, seems there are others peoples that need to relive themselves sometime. After a long period of bad RnG. Or those with good RnG feel the need to come call the bad RnG peoples kids and others name like baby, whatever to feel their ego boosted.

Because well…

After 21 run spread among 2 character at 3 box each for 63 roll I’m left with a tons of TALT…

2 Beetle Recipe
1 Zicorin (or something like that that blue material that does nothing and worth nothing)
0 Arde Dagger

60k X 21 = 1.2m Silver Wasted Opening boxes. so yeah Im stupid to believe in RNG should have bough the dagger since obviously RNG is shitty for me and IMC want us to buy from GOLD SELLER to get our dagger since those BOTS are raising the prices of those dagger daily.

GG I’m tired of running that shitty dungeon :frowning:

6 Likes

whats the point of this thread again?

11 Likes

Note: This is more of a PSA for other people who don’t know and are interested…

If the dagger drop chance is 5% then you need to run ~60 times for a 95% chance of obtaining a dagger.

To have a 99% chance of getting a dagger, you will need to have run ~90 times.

Because we are talking about probabilities, it’s just saying that if you run the dungeon ~90 times you will have gotten an Arde dagger (it might happen on the 1st run, or it might happen on the 90th run, or even higher if you’re that unlucky 1%)

see:

The relevant equation is:

Probability of obtaining item = 1 - ( ( 1 - x ) ^ y )

Where x is the fixed drop chance of the item (0.05 = 5%) and y is the number of tries to attain the item.

9 Likes

The point is this game need tokens or something like this like others MMO. Otherwise we are at the mercy of RnG.

Or maybe we should all buy gold from those seller and buy the dagger since obviously that’s the way this game is going at the moment.

Bots are literally raising the prices of those Dagger on a Daily Basis. So those unlucky like me well are screwed.

Or maybe you think it doesn’t matter. So yeah maybe it doesn’t. But the thing is I can’t run the dungeon more then 3 times per day. So yeah go figure.

3 Likes

Okay then. So you have bad RNG. Totally worth a thread.

3 Likes

Maybe not. But I’m angry and I believe I have every right to be.

So while you guys with Arde Daggers come tell me how salty I am, I’ll continue to bash my wall and hope that I make a big enough hole in it.

Then again it’s just a game so why am I even stressing myself over something like this…Time to go work anyway real life is calling me.

So have fun Arde Dagger Botters, every time I see you it reminds me of why I hate BOTS><

No offense to real player that got them, you deserve it. I just hate seeing hundred of BOTS with those while I’m still hunting for mine.

1 Like

so your rng is bad, ■■■■ happens lmao

But the expected value of this is 1/p where p=0.05 so it’s not wrong to feel cheated after [over] 20 runs and not getting it.

2 Likes

Just don’t get the dagger fam

2 Likes

I total agree, i just made around 700k silver from selling stuff on the market and now the dagger is around 900k-1.2m silver :’(

I just hope that at some point IMC takes the hint and revamps the loot system.

Maybe for Korean gamers it’s ok to repeat the same actions with close to zero rewards hoping that one day, that 0,001% chance actually happens. If you ever tried reading korean light novels, they actually do like this (give Legendary Moonlight Sculptor a go, the protagonist is a grind-crazed MMO player).

But TBH, the days when we could happily bang our heads against a wall and hope that after a 48-odd hour investment in a mind-numbing and repetitive grind we get at least something are long gone. We want some reward for our efforts (at least I do) which is not worthless.

Token systems, reputation gain - anything that has been known to mask/sweeten those (ultimately) pointless and repetitive sessions and make them look appealing. And no, 99% talt drop chance is NOT appealing.

2 Likes

Yeah that is what i hate about rng it ■■■■■■■ SUCKS ballz. Rng is never on my side at all and my luck is zero at most, i have so bad luck that it takes forever for me to get anything from bosses even have been trying to farm for the fighter gloves. But i just can not get the blood at all and i am working to get ‘’ Arde dagger ‘’ Haha ( 900k+ ) for each item are ppl just insane -.-

the chance is 5% which is REALLY high. get your farming shoes on or look for a new genre

2 Likes

It took me 500k silver but still talts =.= the rate is so low

Doesn’t this only work if it’s separated chances. IE: You get Dagger as a separate item from the rest of the loot table?

Cheer up. With 48 tries, 8 cards, 4 recipes and 36 talts. 0 daggers \o/

1 Like

I got my dagger on my 3rd run, rerolled twice on the third box. And on the 5th got Necroventer card, which is something else other than talt at least.

The drop chance I would say is fair for a high worth item.

Good luck!

1 Like

ofc its fair since you have the item. lol

4 Likes

This doesn’t even worth a thread, just farm it and be patient man, i got it in my 3x run (rerolled every single time i got the box, making it like 60 boxes at least) so, stop complaining man you just got to farm. Also got like 8 cards and 6 beetle recipes lol.
What do you want? A pay 2 win game?

a lot of grind? play warframe, then you know what GRIND means. ring ring pussy detected ring ring

2 Likes