Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone feel like we need more frequent spawns? Even after the +50% patch

The spawn rate still seem quite underwhelming for a MMORPG. Majority of the time is spent either walking around for quests, or waiting for quest spawns still.

Anyone else here feel that having more spawn rate would engage more party play? And just downright make the game more enjoyable?

75 Likes

We sure do, expecially since it’s been proven already that there was no increase in spawn rate…

Players actually counted the time of spawns and found out that it’s exactly the same as before the patch… in some areas it actually seems like it’s been increased the spawn rate instead o having been lowered…

THe last one is just a “feeling” tho

5 Likes

The spawn rate doesn’t feel higher at least, they might need to make it even higher.

i love the grind (low drop rate), hate the fact that i spend almost 50% of my time trying to find the monsters to grind!

edited: either their spawn rate is erratic/random or i compete with other players for the limited monsters which i think will break the game once it goes f2p and more players join the grind!

9 Likes

I noticed a clear difference in 74-80 level areas yesterday while playing. Sometimes it was even a bit overwhelming. But certainly if there are slow spawn areas those would need to be improved.

2 Likes

It’s just that you’re probably in the range map where the majority of people are. on my main and rerol all the map were FULL of monster. Like way too much of them it was impossible to stop to regen because they just keep coming at me.

1 Like

You must not forget that when you leave a game with low spawns you put players in the situation of not only walking over maps/change cc’s/wasting time, but you overall make killing steal a practice.

don’t forget how this spawn rate affects the economy of the game, how the action house become so overpriced(I’m not even talking about the maximum one item you can put to sell~how limited and inflates the economy)

tl;dr

• inflates the economy of the game
  • makes the players waste alot of time
  • influence the ethics and toxic behavior
5 Likes

They should make the same spawn rate as in the iCbt2, it was very good.

spawn feels very slow… honestly it just feels so boring when its slow like this…

I’m not sure it’s completely a spawn rate issue. It’s made worse by how the monsters spawn. You kill them all and wait…then they all spawn at once. They should consider a consistent amount of mobs that spawn randomly somewhere else after being killed so there is a more consistent number on the map.

4 Likes

Agreed… I feel like I spend so much time walking !!! The spawn rate should be higher… wasting so much time waiting for them to spawn.

Instead of tweaking the global spawn rate I would recommend hand-tweaking certain zones, especially lv120+, that are severely suffering from low mob density and spawn rates.

I think what they meant was that 50% more monsters spawned. Not the rate, but the number that pop out.

Honestly they should revert back to cbt2’s constant respawn that respawns individually instead of the whole group

2 Likes

I’ve been talking to KR players and referring to the db and timing the mob spawn rate. What I’m seeing is not surprising. When they’re reducing the spawn rate, they’re reducing the server load, but in doing so they’re cutting corners. Maybe this is only temporary, however early access should be similar to when it goes live. Official (actual) settings give an accurate and realistic idea as to what actual server loads are and how well it can be handled. Granted some things had to be changed to prevent exploits I get that, but so far the way things stand it’s a complete turnoff as far as playing. If for example 20 of a certain mob respawn every 20sec, then it should be that on the map at all times. One is killed, then 20 sec later 1 shows up and so on. I sincerely hope this is fixed, because this is a deal breaker.

I’d posted before, but to whom might concern, the acceptable spawn rate is something similar to ICBT2.

Before and now:

6 Likes

I can’t tell if the 50% was even visible or not, I was in Overlong Bridge Valley and there were only about 2-3 other people in the right hand side of the map, yet it was literally a barren wasteland in that ENTIRE AREA, not a SINGLE mob.

But then I went to Akmens Ridge and that upper right hand side was filled with monsters and also had 2-3 people so ??? I don’t know what’s up here. I just wish they would have the mob spawn back in CBT where they were basically always there, you would NEVER see a wasteland, ever. Like the density in the higher zones needed to be increased but you wouldn’t sit there waiting 2 minutes for 10 of them to pop and die instantly then spend 2 more minutes waiting.

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie Please bring back the old spawn system . Spawning in waves will simply not work. Increase the spawn rate all you want, its wierd and will.not.work! Please…

ya spawn rate is bad…we switch server already to farm properly and were just a “group” of 2 and completly alone on the map and its still hella bad…also the aggroing annoys me the most…20 mobs on 1 field ya juicy…but if i wanna get them all others reset and run away…idk i hate that

1 Like

omg, can’t believe they’ve changed this way!!!

i’ve played the cbt, but i couldn’t remember this.