Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone else feel overwhelmed? Is TOS a chore?

Why tho? If you liked it so much, then why? stick to it I say.

Last MMO I’ve played before TOS was Dragon Nest, and after playing almost a year, it really felt like a chore to me. I just left the game. I’ll do the same to TOS if I felt it again. But right now, it doesn’t.

It’s clear that you aren’t enjoying TOS and if that’s how you really feel then you should just let TOS go. TOS isn’t giving you the reason/purpose of playing a game, which is to enjoy. probably time to reroll uninstall wizard.

lol but see that’s half of the problem xD TOS is amazing, and I love it. But if I just go? I know it’s one of those games I would come back to at a later date. The problem is that if I know I would come back, then I would be immensely behind in terms of gear, transcendence, levels (hell, imagine trying to find a good grinding party or dungeon for this early part of the game when players are all at lv400+ content and our 5k playerbase is down to 2k lol), and more.

It would suck balls.

which should be. I mean even if you were to play other MMOs you’ve played before, of course you will be behind when you return. I mean, you didn’t played, what do you expect. lol

the problem now is the lack of player base, which circles back to all bugs, cheats, exploits and optimization issues, those are the real issue.

by the magnitude of the problem, i dont see how all theses can be sorted out within 2years

byebye TOS, RIP TOS

TOS - Year 2016 to Year 2018

costume-whales still be pumping tp like addicted or something

1 Like

I agree. The power difference is so profound with R8 that it can make some characters viable. The problem really is likely with the type of player I am. I’m a min-maxer. I like things to be completely perfect. If something isn’t perfect then I’m compelled to start over and make it that way. Class trees have so many synergies that one false move though and you fall… like…

Imagine with me for a second. Let’s say R9 comes out with the same power difference to R8 as R8 was to R7. Our Warlock2’s get access to their C3 and… well, ■■■■, C3 lock sucks I guess. C2 lock isn’t that great to begin with and is likely reliant on C3 being stellar. R.I.P. every lock ever then, yeah? Goodbye 50+ million in attributes, goodbye months of Saalus, just goodbye. If they want to start over? Well, sure, they can… except they won’t get back their investments of time on their original character. They won’t get back their silver, transcendence, etc…

The saddest thing of all though is that these new rank trends are that much better. A new R9 class, or a C2 of an R8, is very much likely to be more powerful than any circle of an R7, which means that a lot of characters taking their R7 to C2 with our R8 patch are taking huge risks. C3 also mainly gets only 1-2 skills more…

I think as time goes on a lot more people will want to start over and be faced with having to do everything again. Complete their chores daily on a new character before realizing that they’ve spent thousands of hours on a game that is riddled with bugs, forced activities to remain competitive, etc etc.

1 Like

@Darkon

you only have this problem coz Rank8 came out in a game that is 5months old.

If Rank8 out 2017 May, you wouldnt have so much conflict…

You barely able to min-maxing your rank7 in 5months, no time to enjoy the fruition ,
Rank8 is knocking at your door…

woot~

no way they can sort these out by just doing their 7% tweaks or 20% or whatever. we don’t need something that low. we need 100% increase in performance. and in order for them to do that they need to shut the game down and rework everything from ground up, which is no way in hell that is happening lol.

I won’t lie and say I didn’t spend money on this, but them announcing TP costume can now be traded, no more money for them. but that is only for me personally. there are still gonna be players doing this :

all IMC has to do is buff up magic dps in r8. No class reset and rerolling isnt an option when you have invested so much into attributes.

They won’t do anything suggested in this thread.

2 Likes

magic class are screwed on r8, time to make swordiessss

yea i know. pretty sure every magic dps players are screwed by IMC. I would boldly say magic DPS in r8 is worst than swordies in r7.

Cleric magic might still be viable, specifically inquisitor and PD2

Wizard magic class on the other hand…huehuehue

2 Likes

Wanna play ToS w/o feeling like you’re not doing a chore?
Be a MASOCHIST :sparkles:
Tree of MASOCHIST :joy:
huehuehuehue…

2 Likes

i’m still playing DN, but mostly because i still have several treasured people there to play with, and i’ll probably play and help them in every way i can. (up until they quit)

it really felt a chore and really a grindfest for me lately. dailies, weeklies, ‘events’ that force you to grind etc…

[details=to give you some updates (just ignore this if you know this already)], level cap increased lately - my main issue here is… if you translate it to TOS, you could say that they increased level cap from 280 to 330 BUT only certain classes have NEW SKILLS yet, and it would take a couple of months before every class gets their due

gearing IMO, just gotten worse. you need so much materials now to craft content-viable gears. you can stick with your old gears, but your clear time would suffer. this is done every cap. the worse thing is that the cap now is raised by 3s rather than 10s (e.g. before it’s 70,80,90 now it’s 90,93,96,99)
and the endgame accessories… OMG… we have 3 out of 4 accessories available now… 1 accessory needs around an average of 5 months to craft, with at least one hour of playing per day to dedicate it with

well at least in TOS my GC can last me up to 240 :stuck_out_tongue:
[/details]

well yeah, I’ve been keeping an eye on their updates hoping some sort of miracle would happen. 'cause I really love DN’s combat system. are you playing on SEA? God rmt is everywhere. Last I heard from my guildmates was everybody wearing legendary red dragon equips, 'cause apparently serviced runs are very cheap now. lol.

afaik warr, sorc and archer has been released. while loli and cleric are pending right? last update I saw from freedomplays was for Kali and Dark Sorc. how long will it take to complete every class. lol. I can only imagine the horrors in pvp.

and the costumes. those were really one of the deciding factors that made me quit. I’ve seen the newer ones now. the stats are too insane.

Which is why I suggested this a couple of days back. At the very least IMC should make players feel good about their choices and not make them feel punished for what they choose to be. Even class resets are not a good solution as players reset cuz of the need to remain viable rather than liking the playstyle of the new build.

Fix the problem at the core, not apply bandaids to the wound.

2 Likes

yeah i’m on SEA. and yeah services are so cheap now XD

loli, cleric and kali should probably come this coming month, hopefully.
and the other classes… probably next year lol.
pvp is as unbalanced as ever. everybody can dash now lol

i think SEA’s new costumes stats now parallel those of in jDN. iirc
the stat increase is really BIG. But, ah, well, people probably needed those stats for Ice Dragon, IMO. One of the mechanics there is literally driven by DPS

Stop lying, it takes atleast 2 days to get from 150-180 with then grind wall

Yep…I feel ya man…in ragnarok…I dont experience this…you can semi quit there and when you come back…you can keep up competitively…

Coz you can trade all equips!! That’s it…trading is one of the soul of mmorpg’s…

If I remember correctly…in ro…trading is what I usually do 60% of the time…

In ragnarok people sell all their stuff when they quit, and buy back newer equips at same value when they return. But this is TOS so ■■■■ you.

1 Like