Tree of Savior Forum

Anvil exploit exposed in Ktos, possibly used within ITos as well

One thing I’m confused about your posts.

How frequent are you seeing that dialog? Are you seeing it at the same rate as the video? Or like “frequent” meaning a few times thru the week?

I do agree with @Csiko here but when it comes to information I don’t play on SEA servers so I’m not there to see people with +40 weapons nor these lags, so would be nice to have exact info for how frequent are the messages and the small lags to compare with the video and see if it actually happened or not.

1 Like

IMC hasn’t said anything. But we know the success rate of anvils, we know what the averages should be. It seems clear that someone on ktos is abusing it, but there’s no evidence at all, let alone strong evidence, that this is happening anywhere else or even outside the realm of a handful of losers on ktos. Everything else has no evidence, everything else is speculation and bullshit trolling from the usual suspects.

If IMC acts now, the potential impact is minimal. But they have to act.

1 Like

I don’t spend that much time in klai, but sometimes I got several notifs in a row. Also I do believe ppl used it carefully, not full 0-40 yolo like in a video. Obviously, one would exploit with care, not to get busted.

We’ve seen people with ridiculously over enhanced Cafrisun stuff in the past, I think it’s pretty likely people are using the addon but just keeping their enhancements at “reasonable” levels to not raise suspicion.

What was the error code?

Reminder: Let’s Discuss the Math of Enhancement
I’d say anyone with a red shining weapon is a suspect.

You do realise that anyone who is trying to justify or defend this exploit now at least sounds supsicious?

2 Likes

this is really fvck’up, what r you gonna do imc? whatever it is, do it FAST, r u just gonna wait their dev to patch it up for u? or u do ur own way, please do it better for us

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Han

I can’t specify that - didnt really bother, 'cause I thought the game just couldn’t handle the online. But the pop-up window was the very same.

1 Like

Literally no one is justifying or defending this exploit.

How many thousands of items were upgraded during the gear up event, and you think somehow there wouldn’t be several legitimate +16s and +21s?

1 Like

If abusers are smart enough, they could just enhance it 16~21 and avoid suspicion easily since u can control the bug, heck even around +30. We are saying that bug exploiters ruining game and offending people those actually earned their 16/21+ hard way

1 Like

Sounds like a very strong defensive stance to me. No strong evidence? Guy is yoloing to +40 an item with 0 pot. Item is not disappearing on fails. Every fail there is a connection lost. If that’s not a strong evidence, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

You do realize that you’re talking non-sense in previous posts right? And that we need to guess what you were trying to mean without having any single evidence that it actually happened on your servers aside from “sometimes”.

The popup will be the same but error 9 or 23 is different from 25.

ToS have a HUGE history of people blaming other people luck on bugs, altho it does happens from time to time, it isn’t always. This has been discussed in quite huge threads in the past, conclusion: no bug happened for those few people.

Jumping in to say “how can you possibly believe anything IMC tells you” and attack others in the process that seems very…

You DO know that “losing a connection” means breaking your TCP connection to the server and having no possibility of sending nothing thru it until reconnecting, right?

I’m being more inclined to go back to my first stance of “Mind explaining what crashes have to do with the video?” until someone confirms what you’re talking about since “it happens to eveyrone”.

and what do you expect IMC to do? they are renters not coders, they pay the company a % of their income from sales to rent the game to use it to make money from people like you and me.

Gosh, fine. I wont bother arguing with you anymore. Want to live in a denial - good luck with that.

Thread is exploding.

:boom:

1 Like

It’s not living in denial. It’s not living in a world where X reads as K just because it has similar lines.

The exploit is real and it’s on ktos, now if it affects others or is known or exists in iToS, no evidence.

No one’s defending anything right now.

But never forget there were people who said that such things do not exist.

I believe I said before that I’ll do everything on my end to whack weapons and discover exploits. But I didn’t know an addon was related onto it.

In the end, I got myself several +16 > +21 weapons but never found anything, yet.

At least this is a lead to something?

Note: I no longer trust, or will ever do ever since hook and public crash commands

2 Likes

+16 weapons shine white and they’re fairly common (I have two, btw). Meanwhile, weapons with over +21 enhancement shine red and those should be investigated. I don’t understand why you are being so defensive about this. Read the topic I linked in my previous post, you’ll understand how abysmally low are the chances to achieve +21 and over. I’m not asking for all people with red shining weapons to be banned, but to be investigated.

4 Likes

People can do their research, now that they got notified that this problem EXISTS they can just search for the source and abuse, sending a ticket would’ve been the right thing to do, because no one would look at it this way, because if you don’t know that something exists, you cannot look for it, but now you let people know, so they will try to abuse it.

You have my compliments for being this retarded, I guess you were just trying to ■■■■ on the game and generate more doomposters.