Tree of Savior Forum

Anvil exploit exposed in Ktos, possibly used within ITos as well

Maybe IMC should limit enhance to +21 or something lower than +40… 21 seems the best spot for me to stop.

4 Likes

Maybe imc should look in all servers searching for bug weapons and do something… because this is ridiculous

Just to make it clear that you’re talking a lot of ■■■■ in the middle of the cunfusion …
There is a bug that is being exploited in kToS and may have already been exploited in iToS as well.
But this does not mean that everyone who has some equipment above the +21 has used this or any other BUG.
I have a Staff Primus +30 and I did not explore any kind of BUG, ​​instead I refined it to +16 with (Anvil / Silver Anvil) and only failed 1 time thereafter I only used Diamond Anvil …
I spent so much silver !!! There were 26 Diamond Anvils. I just did not spend more silver because I put the Diamond Anvils together and used it during the event that gave a 50% discount to refine.

Now, after all my effort and accumulation of resources being englobed along with the rogue ones that exploit BUGs is a lot of injustice, just as I also can not accept the IMC come now to reduce my item to +21.

If the IMC wants to limit the items to +21 … from now on, those who have already achieved more than +21 can not reduce, unless it was a bug exploit … in that case I think IMC should destroy the item and ban the account that exploited the bug.

2 Likes

you guys obviously can’t handle the truth that someone will always be luckier than you.

1 Like

only 1 man have 2 +40 weapon and this luck with zero fail with 35 to 40
haha nice double luck
:tired:

1 Like

It is very simple for IMC to solve the problem. Simply search for items that have been refined with 0 potential without using Golden Anvil.
No one normal tries to refine a +16 or +21 item with normal Anvil or Silver Anvil by risking to break the item. It only does this who is using a Bug to make sure or is mentally ill.
In both cases it is better to ban the player. Because BUG’s explorer is dishonest and should be in jail and mentally ill should be in the hospital.
Neither is good for the game.

1 Like

It’s a little bit late now, if they were going to make a lower cap than 40 they should of done so before.
Now there are people who have legit got 21-30 weapons from spending a ton on diamond anvils, adding a cap of 21 will just screw them over which isn’t really fair and would probably result in rage quits and less whales for IMC.

The only way I can see them getting out of this hole is to slowly but surely raise the bar of enhancement up to 21 as the content will also require higher enhancement levels.
Making it easier to obtain for everyone.
Pretty much like what they did with transcendence.

BMI = body mass index
IMC = índice de massa corporal

what a mad bonobo

1 Like

what they should have done is global announce upgrades 16 and up and their map location. This should be possible. Probable a new chat window like “upgrade” so that it does not clutter “Shout” window.

Is this Hook 64? Omg…

We would also like to add that enhancement attempts performed one hit at a time or three hits at once are a mere visual difference and do not affect the actual chances of success.

Does this mean that as soon as the anvil is put down, it’s already predetermined whether the enhancement is a success or a fail? So rituals like hitting the anvil slowly or very fast (using multihit skills) are mere myths?

1 Like

Yes.

/2020202020202020

1 Like

It’s simple search for unusual weapon and equipment and check about bugs and the use of ilegal programs.

This shi t must end

Not at all surprised at the exploit knowing there’s a +40 weapon and the like out there. However, I am impressed at the prompt response from the staff.

/20hopesrestored

1 Like

Take into account that last time something like this happened (channel crashes to trigger rollbacks) many ragequit.
At least this time they acknowledged the problem swiftly.

1 Like

This thread is 1 big ole “I TOLD YOU SO”. Such a good read.

/20exploits

2 Likes

I remember a certain someone saying there are no anvil exploits in this game.

How dumb they feel now?

Not going to name any names.

1 Like

You do know this only happened to 3 weapons on ktos and 2 on itos and was a server-side bug and not an exploit, right? Only affecting weapons at 0 potential while enhancing with normal anvils at the risk of the weapon being destroyed if it “unbugged” during the process.

Do you really think many people with +40 weapons with 1+ potential abused this complicated bug that requires 0 potential + normal anvils?

Depends on how you see them, I still think from experience that using many anvils faster, one after another can produce a “streak” of success. But this is just luck at the end, it won’t be deterministic.

But if we’re talking about a single anvil being placed, yeah, it’s decided before the 3 hits. Not like the myths and etc were about a single anvil though.

Yes, it is.

1 Like

LOL what is all this? Where did I say many people exploited this bug? Where did I ask for an explanation of this bug? Where did I say it was client side or that it was not a bug?

Everything you said is true and my comment still stands.